Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Police shut down photo exhibition of naked natural women because they’re ‘indece  (Read 12032 times)

Offline NudieDaniel

• Transport nerd, Natureboy Kiwi
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • The control room
  • Referrals: 2
It's totally reprehensible - total suppression of my art'

Christopher Hooton
    @christophhooton
    Saturday 19 December 2015

An exhibition combating negative self-image in a square in Copenhagen has been closed down by police.

Photographer Mathilde Grafström snaps women who don’t have traditional model looks, for a photo series called Female Beauty.

“I take my photos to show young women that they are more beautiful than they think. I show the woman that she is beautiful, and that way I can help her to accept herself," she told Denmark's TV2.

Police have denied permission for her photos to be displayed in Copenhagen’s Nytorv square, with Grafström filing a complaint against them and condemning their view of the female body as “offensive”.

“It's totally reprehensible. Total suppression of my art,” she said. “I don't understand that my pictures can be offensive. They show something you see when you change clothes at a swimming pool.”

Grafström drew attention to an advert featuring naked breasts for a plastic surgery clinic being run on the side of Copenhagen buses which has not been taken down.

"Nygart’s [the surgery’s] breasts are plastic. My photos are an aesthetic expression. It is shocking that my pictures are obscene, while advertising is not," she added.

Grafström’s work with nudes stems from her own insecurities about her body.

"I love to shoot my models naked. But sometimes it can be difficult because I also fight with my own problems; I think my hips and breasts are to small,” she writes on her website.

“Sometimes when my boyfriend are looking at my body, I think that I'm unattractive. But then I can see that it's all the negative thoughts about my body that makes me less beautiful and unfree.”

“When we don't make ourselves small, boring and ugly with our own thoughts, we shine naturally of beauty, life and joy."
(via thelocal.dk)

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/art/news/police-shut-down-photo-exhibition-of-naked-natural-women-because-they-re-indecent-a6778916.html
I'm everywhere and nowhere

Ad1210

Goodness me, pathetic

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
This totally surprises me from that country, which is liberal beyond liberal in so many aspects.  Wow.
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline Rockingnature

• Naturist from Mexico looking to meet nudists/naturists worldwide.
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Greetings from Mexico fellow nudies worldwide!
  • Referrals: 17

Bullocks!!!  :huh:  :shocked: :scary :wtf 
"Art can never exist without naked beauty displayed." William Blake.

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
Danish police backtrack on banning artist’s photos of naked, natural women
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 12:28:12 pm »
Danish police backtrack on banning artist’s photos of naked, natural women

Back in December we reported on photographer Mathilde Grafström’s Female Beauty, a series designed to “show young women that they are more beautiful than they think” but banned from public exhibition in Copenhagen for apparently being “obscene”.
Grafström, who said her pictures show nothing that you wouldn’t see when you change clothes at swimming pool, challenged the appraisal of them as “offensive” and, after her story went worldwide, has now received a response.
Claus Pedersen, legal chief consultant of Copenhagen Police, confirmed that the exhibition had been restricted under Penal Code 232 - which deals with material that ‘violates decency and causes public outrage’ and can carry a fine or imprisonment of up to four years - and though the appraisal ultimately must be assessed by a court, he suggested that a lighter approach to such images was required.
“We have a law for which the range of offences probably with a certain conservatism - changes in line with social developments,” he wrote in a letter.
“Assessment of  imagery has traditionally been focused on whether the images showed genitals, but those with an artistic, scientific or educational value, however, could lead to a more favourable one."
Though she is irked by the police’s vagueness in its approach to photography depicting nudes, Grafström is pleased with the decision.

“The freedom to express oneself through art in Denmark, is now more free than before and I'm glad that my pictures of natural, naked bodies are no longer forbidden for exhibition in public spaces,” she told Independent.co.uk.
“The police has changed course and does no longer evaluate my pictures to be illegal, just doubtful, which is a great relief for me and I will again apply to the Copenhagen Municipality for permission to do the show.
“It is exciting to see if it will be realised this time."
Grafström's photography is in a similar vein to that of Erica Simone, who went naked in New York to challenge the idea of the naked body as merely a sexual object.
http://www.world-arts.com/news/full.asp?news=danish-polish-backtrack-on-banning-ar-of-naked-natural-women
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/