Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: VSauce: Do we need clothes?  (Read 2738 times)

rdfcguy

VSauce: Do we need clothes?
« on: December 22, 2015, 12:20:41 am »
I love VSauce a lot, and I feel really stupid in that I didn't post this here earlier. This episode explores the human sense of modesty and why we have it (well, some of us, at least  :wink:).

Offline jacksta

• Topless with bottoms
  • im thinking of trying out nudism
  • Referrals: 0
Re: VSauce: Do we need clothes?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 06:11:49 am »
he makes a lot of good points!  i think a lot of our fear of nudity comes from parents that teach us to feel shame.  cultures that don't teach that shame don't have our issues with nudity.

however that line "no other animal makes and wears clothing" sounds suspiciously like "no other animal makes or uses tools".

p.s. give me a reply button.

rdfcguy

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 06:20:40 am »
he makes a lot of good points!  i think a lot of our fear of nudity comes from parents that teach us to feel shame.  cultures that don't teach that shame don't have our issues with nudity.

however that line "no other animal makes and wears clothing" sounds suspiciously like "no other animal makes or uses tools".

p.s. give me a reply button.

It does because clothing is a tool. Naturists don't shame clothes or nudity, but sometimes wearing clothes is essential to survival.

What do you mean, "reply button"?

BellaJordan

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 06:45:26 am »
Vsauce?

Offline jacksta

• Topless with bottoms
  • im thinking of trying out nudism
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 07:33:35 am »
the reply button is missing in messages.

BellaJordan

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 07:41:50 am »
the reply button is missing in messages.

What messages?

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2016, 09:10:24 am »
Only when you think of the complexity of the tools modern humans use. Sure, no monkey is going to build a computer, but animals making tools happens:
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

rdfcguy

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2016, 04:11:29 pm »
Vsauce?

Yup! If you don't know who they are, look them up and subscribe immediately. Prepare to have your mind blown in all the directions.