Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Ontario Mom Continues to Breastfeed Baby During Pictures With Santa Clause  (Read 1840 times)

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
Not strictly naturist but related.

Personally I think it's a great photo with awesome participation by Santa Clause and the Photographer and well with in her and her baby's rights to feed but definitely provocative and throws the schism between liberal types and more conservative thinkers into high relief.

She's going on the naughty list! Mom posts bizarre image of herself BREASTFEEDING her baby son while perched on a stunned mall Santa's lap
Rebecca Dunbar, 40, of Ontario, said that one of her year-old twins became fussy while they were waiting in line, so she decided to feed him
He still wasn't done eating when it was their turn, so she asked Santa if she could nurse on his lap and he consented
She shared the photo on Facebook, and was met by negative comments from people who found it offensive and unnecessary 

By Emily James For Dailymail.com

Published: 18:56 GMT, 21 December 2015  | Updated: 23:57 GMT, 21 December 2015

An Ontario woman is being slammed online after she shared an image of herself breastfeeding her baby son while sitting on Santa's lap at a local shopping center.

Rebecca Dunbar, 40, said her that one of her year-old twins began fussing while they were waiting in line to get their picture taken with Santa at the Niagara Square shopping mall in Niagara Falls, so she began nursing him to quiet him down.

But when it was their turn to meet Santa, the child still wasn't done eating, so Rebecca simply sat on St. Nick's lap and breastfed her baby as the photographer snapped the photo.

'Honestly, we were just in line and my little guy, who has the patience of nothing, decided he was hungry in about two seconds,' she told Global News. 'He would have just screamed the entire time so I started nursing him. And we were next in line.'

Rebecca said she got the idea to breastfeed her son on Santa's lap, and a friend she was with at the time told her to go for it.

First, she received permission to proceed from both the photographer and Mr. Claus himself.

'We asked the photographer and he was comfortable with it because he has two children and they both nurse,' she shared.

'Santa said: "I’ve never been asked that in 40 years so why not?" So we took the picture,' added Rebecca.

In the shot, the mom is seen smiling as she breastfeeds her son while Santa makes a shocked expression and points at them.

Rebecca overlaid the image with the words: 'All I want for Christmas... is a happy healthy baby', and shared it on her Facebook page.

'I posted it just as another picture of how great breastfeeding is, but it was a bit tongue-in-cheek and silly. Santa looks silly,' she said.

But while the majority of her friends on the social media site liked the photo, other people found it unnecessary and even offensive.

'I’ve seen a lot of negative comments on social media which is disappointing for to see,' said Rebecca.

One woman wrote on Facebook: 'What a crock. Mothers know full well that babies get hungry and require feeding probably every couple of hours.

'She could have either found a quiet spot... or she could have pumped breast milk first and put it in a bottle in case her baby got hungry. Instead, she decided to act like an exhibitionist.

Another person commented: 'Of all the the stupid publicity grabs by attention-started cows, this one is the worst. Obviously this self-centered crybaby doesn't give a thought to how the poor gentleman playing Santa must feel - no, she and her self-important agenda come first.

Rebecca, who has since made her Facebook profile private due to the negative comments, said she doesn't regret taking the photo and would take it 'a million times' again, but feels sad about the criticism she's received.

'I think breastfeeding should be made more acceptable in all ways. It shouldn’t deserve a comment one way or another because it shouldn’t be seen as abnormal,' she said.

'I think breastfeeding is absolutely beautiful and I was very positive about it. The fact that people have been so negative is a little upsetting. But everyone has an opinion,' Rebecca added.

Daily Mail Online has contacted Niagara Square for comment.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3369228/She-s-going-naughty-list-Mom-posts-bizarre-image-BREASTFEEDING-baby-son-perched-stunned-mall-Santa-s-lap.html
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 09:53:42 am by ToneBender »