Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: How Music is not a good advocate for Naturism  (Read 1129 times)

Offline NudieDaniel

• Transport nerd, Natureboy Kiwi
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • The control room
  • Referrals: 2
How Music is not a good advocate for Naturism
« on: January 15, 2016, 01:00:58 am »
It’s been a while since I wrote a blog and I wanted to make sure that my next blog had something to say.

Something I have noticed for quite some time now is how music (and videos) objectify and sexualize the body. I shouldn’t be too hard on the music industry as it is everywhere; television, magazines and social media. Everyone is obsessed with sex.

I’m not saying that I am not a sexual being and it isn’t fair to say that as naturists we do not partake in the act but we view nudity on a whole different level which brings me back to music.

When I go to the gym to workout I usually put on a pop station for some of the more up tempo songs that they play. But in listening to many of the music out there it all seems to come back to the exploitation of the body and the obsession with sex.

This isn’t a new thing as it has been going on for decades; “Do you think I’m Sexy” by Rod Stewart; “I want your sex” by George Michael. It just seems more and more relevant today.

Not many may know the singer songwriter from Halifax Nova Scotia Ria Mae. Her song “Clothes Off” is certainly getting a lot of airplay. Now the title itself seems pretty self-explanatory, but if you read the lyrics it’s all about sex. “You look too good to leave this up to luck. “And I don’t want your heart, your soul, or your hand. I want your body (want your body) instead (now, now, now)”.

Or how about Christina Aguilera’s “Your Body” with, “All I want is your body, Oh oh oh. Tonight’s your lucky night; I know you want it, Oh oh oh”.

Listening to “Bang Bang” by Jessie J, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj you know exactly what that is all about. “Bang bang into the room (I know you want it), Bang bang all over you (I’ll let you have it).

What kind of message are we putting out there to the younger generation who listens to this, that your body is just a sex object?

It’s unfortunate that today’s generation cannot get a more positive attitude towards the naked body. From the moment we can walk and talk we are forever told to cover up and be shamed for being naked.

It’s a sad, sad state of affairs and I don’t think it’s likely to change anytime soon.

Be Free and Naked

Fabien

https://sparxx2u.wordpress.com/2016/01/14/how-music-is-not-a-good-advocate-for-naturism/
I'm everywhere and nowhere

Offline Rafa

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
Re: How Music is not a good advocate for Naturism
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 01:20:04 am »
There are many reasons for that, one of them is that music lets out what you have in mind and the main one is marketing. Sex sells and, since music isn't graphical, the sexual message can get around more freely around masses, especially when it comes to the pop genre.

What kind of message are we putting out there to the younger generation who listens to this, that your body is just a sex object?

The younger generation is listening and making this, they like it, they pay for it, they keep making it. But you cannot forget that sexual objectification in music isn't a recent matter, it's been happening since the middle ages with the bards and troubadours.
It's what people want and they'll keep giving it to them, but fortunately there are lots of songs and bands who doesn't use messages related to sex, you just have to look away from most of the main hits.