Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: How Can You Get Friends and Spouses To Try Nudism ?  (Read 4557 times)

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
How Can You Get Friends and Spouses To Try Nudism ?
« on: January 16, 2016, 03:08:17 am »
Do you have friends or a spouse that is reluctant to try nudism ? Try Nudism – There are many misconceptions associated with social nudism.   Some individuals have experienced these misconceptions when trying to introduce their spouse or friends to the nudist lifestyle for the very first time.
 The Major Misconception About Nudism is… SEX Contrary to uneducated beliefs, nudism is in no way related to any type of erotic behavior. In fact, most informed individuals would agree that the nudist lifestyle is often focused not on sexuality, but on a mixture of equality and a return to nature. When trying to introduce a spouse or friends to try nudism, an individual needs to understand that these underlying misconceptions, along with several other common objections, can pose somewhat of an obstacle that can be overcome. The following key points can help an individual prepare for what could prove to be a difficult process

The First Steps To Educating Your Friends Or Spouse About Nudism Education is perhaps the most important part of any introduction process. For starters,   nudists need to be able to convey their beliefs and what has lead them to their decision to embrace the nudist lifestyle. Whether the person is more interested in   nudism  and the naturist lifestyle because of equality, nature or any other factor, it is necessary to be completely comfortable talking about this matter at length.
Sharing the appealing attributes of naturism should be enough to entice anyone that truly cares about a person to at least listen. The majority of individuals that object to trying the nudist lifestyle, tend to do so because they are not comfortable with their personal appearance. The lack of clothes can be seen by many as a weakness that reveals imperfections. But people need to be educated in order to feel comfortable. Just be honest and share your thoughts and feelings about the subject. Most times, your enthusiasm alone might be enough to   persuade someone to try nudism. The simple fact is that nudism does have a profound positive affect on personal body image and self-esteem.
 What To Do Once Your Friend Or Spouse Agrees To Try Social Nudism Once a spouse or friend has agreed to at least try social nudity, it is important to understand that there is going to be a learning curve. What may be completely comfortable to nudists may in fact NOT   be easy for new individuals. Patience and understanding will definitely be required. The majority of naturist communities will allow new individuals to shed their clothing as they are ready.
No pressure should be placed on a person that is not yet prepared to take the plunge. Make sure to include the person and invite them to participate in all the different activities, even if they initially refuse to undress. By making someone feel   comfortable and accepted,  you create a relaxed and secure environment for everyone involved.
 Ready To Try Nudism? The nudist lifestyle is quite enjoyable. Most individuals will quickly relax and realize that nobody else is focusing on their body or their perceived imperfections. While the process may take awhile, getting a spouse or friend to at least try nudism is not impossible and may actually even be easier than most people anticipate.
This article about   Getting Friends and Spouses To Try Nudism was published   by –   Young Naturists &   Young Nudists America
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline jabber1990

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
Re: How Can You Get Friends and Spouses To Try Nudism ?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 06:11:49 am »
My best friend knows i'm a nudist, she's very happy for me and she's very happy for all nudists as well as exhibitionists (she knows they are unrelated but she's happy for them anyway)

she's not a nudist and woudln't do such a thing, I even said "why not just tan nude in your backyard" and she said she wouldn't do it.  but if there was a petition to open a nude beach in the area she'd push people down to sign up for it.

she'd benefit greatly from nudism, but she'll never join us

lbee872

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 08:32:01 pm »
 :like

Offline Leah

• Female Chat
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Teach Tolerance
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 10:34:50 pm »
Articles like these seem to be a plea for validation of a lifestyle - sort of "we know we are different, but can you still love us" style arguments.

I don't think this is necessary - Anyone who knows I am a naturist respects that, often join me naked and loves who I am.  They have never raised the philosophy, the politics or the sexuality of my lifestyle.

I have said this repeatedly - people love honesty and inclusion and being an honest and inclusive person my friends enjoy and participate in my life.  So they enjoy my cooking, my conversation, my company and often share my fashion sense.

Now off to the beach
I may be nude but at least my mind is open

Riot.EXE

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 12:35:59 am »
Articles like these seem to be a plea for validation of a lifestyle - sort of "we know we are different, but can you still love us" style arguments.

I don't think this is necessary - Anyone who knows I am a naturist respects that, often join me naked and loves who I am.  They have never raised the philosophy, the politics or the sexuality of my lifestyle.

I have said this repeatedly - people love honesty and inclusion and being an honest and inclusive person my friends enjoy and participate in my life.  So they enjoy my cooking, my conversation, my company and often share my fashion sense.

Now off to the beach

Seriously, shit's gettin' ridiculous.

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 03:05:35 am »

Now off to the beach

I kind of agree. I get that you want to have friends try it out, and it's super, super cool when you can get a friend to try naturism and they go for it (not like I know), but there's no sense validating who you are for enjoying social nudity or just plain nudity. There are a few people I wouldn't tell I'm into nudism simply because I know how they'll react, and I value them in my life, but for people who do know I don't have a need to qualify it or justify it.

:)

I get all the comments that are not so positive and, I am with you here too, for my own feelings, but keep in mind this is intended for those that feel otherwise in their own situation. 
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

JT

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 03:06:04 am »
Id love to be abor to do this at home, and get the family to at least consider this. I don't think it's only for me, but I think there is over all positive, honesty, bonding, idk what other words to use her to express what im trying to say.
I really feel they would enjoy it, maybe they already know, and or do for all I know. Just holding out lol!!

But Id really like to know how to open the door here to at least talk about it

Statik

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2018, 02:54:17 am »
You know.  I do see the fact that naturism /= sex mentioned a lot in terms of getting people okay with trying naturism.  However, I wonder if this is really as big of a roadblock as we think it is.  Like I get the impression that most (or at least many) people understand the nonsexual aspect of naturism.  At this point, I think the default image of naturism that the public has is shifted from "swingers on a beach" to "families and friends at the beach but also they are naked."

I might be being too optimistic though, and seeing things through my own experience's lenses.

I think people these days might have more an issue with it simply being counter to their experience in society up until now, and that positioning the idea of naturism as an upsetting of a stale status quo might appeal to people more.

Offline carbon

• Guy Talk
  • Nude without Towel
  • Feeling Adequate.
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2018, 03:43:50 pm »
You know.  I do see the fact that naturism /= sex mentioned a lot in terms of getting people okay with trying naturism.  However, I wonder if this is really as big of a roadblock as we think it is.

I agree. I think the public image for naturism has shifted. I feel that the biggest hurdle for naturism is simply being naked in front of acquaintances.

Riot.EXE

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2018, 04:51:26 pm »
You know.  I do see the fact that naturism /= sex mentioned a lot in terms of getting people okay with trying naturism.  However, I wonder if this is really as big of a roadblock as we think it is.

I agree. I think the public image for naturism has shifted. I feel that the biggest hurdle for naturism is simply being naked in front of acquaintances.

No, the public image for being naked in settings that aren't inherently sexual has shifted. Nudism / Naturism is still struggling.

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2018, 07:47:32 pm »
You know.  I do see the fact that naturism /= sex mentioned a lot in terms of getting people okay with trying naturism.  However, I wonder if this is really as big of a roadblock as we think it is.  Like I get the impression that most (or at least many) people understand the nonsexual aspect of naturism.  At this point, I think the default image of naturism that the public has is shifted from "swingers on a beach" to "families and friends at the beach but also they are naked."

I might be being too optimistic though, and seeing things through my own experience's lenses.

I think people these days might have more an issue with it simply being counter to their experience in society up until now, and that positioning the idea of naturism as an upsetting of a stale status quo might appeal to people more.

This also depends on where you live at in the world. If we want to expand out, it’s even illegal in some Asian countries. Punishable by death in many middle eastern countries. Especially if you’re a woman.

In the US, if you’re in the Bible Belt, it’s still considered taboo often times. Especially if it involves children. Nudist/Naturist still have a very long way to go unfortunately.
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

Offline Randall_Kimball

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2018, 09:16:54 pm »
I usually start to ask my friends if they want to hit up the Korean, Russian or Japanese spa and that tends to be my way of introducing them to social nudism.

Statik

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2018, 09:37:00 pm »
This also depends on where you live at in the world. If we want to expand out, it’s even illegal in some Asian countries. Punishable by death in many middle eastern countries. Especially if you’re a woman.

I had meant to put a blurb in my post addressing this.  Somehow it didn't make it in though.