General Talk (primarily non-naturist) > The Sports Bar!

Martial Arts

<< < (2/6) > >>

Phabse:

--- Quote from: Lisa2408 on December 03, 2009, 01:34:32 pm ---I am doing Tae Kwan Do since I was 5 years old.  I own the 2nd Dan. I am a new member in the German National Team.
In 2007/2008 I was International German champion in the junior range up to 45 kg.
This year I was German vice-champion in the senior range up to 60 kg.
I will start from  28 Jan. - 31 Jan. 2010 at the European Championships in Tae Kwan Do participate at Dublin/Ireland.
If I become there up to the first 10 places in my weight class, I may take in July 2010 at the World Championships in Sydney.

--- End quote ---

sounds awsome :)

im doing tae bo :)

randomer909:

--- Quote from: Lisa2408 on December 03, 2009, 01:34:32 pm ---I am doing Tae Kwan Do since I was 5 years old.  I own the 2nd Dan. I am a new member in the German National Team.
In 2007/2008 I was International German champion in the junior range up to 45 kg.
I will start from  28 Jan. - 31 Jan. 2010 at the European Championships in Tae Kwan Do participate at Dublin/Ireland.
If I become there up to the first 10 places in my weight class, I may take in July 2010 at the World Championships in Sydney.

--- End quote ---
:879 Lisa you are Bruce Lee only a girl!!!! :879 :879

Seriously though, well done!!!  :2345 :2345

Nude_not_rude:

--- End quote ---

Awesome! Good luck in Ireland. You could have an IYNO cheer squad there and one in Sydney too!

On the question Breff asked, no I've never tried Martial Arts. My brother did when I was growing up, but I never got the bug.

Karla:
I've always been a fan of martial arts, and did get quite obsessive about it at one point when I found the right arts that suited me. I use Muay Thai as a base and learnt JKD, Kali and eventually Wing Tsun. I gave up the Thai boxing when I started damaging my wrists by not strapping them up properly, and gave up martial arts when I went back to university. I would love to take up the Thai boxing again,out of all of them it feels most natural to me. I paid for private lessons in Wing Tsun for a year and it blew my mind. If I had a choice of mastering any art then it would be that one, but you almost have to unlearn everything else first.

Nude_not_rude:
so Karla would Wing Tsun be a good one for someone who knows no other?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version