Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Martial Arts  (Read 6609 times)

sa-bi-ne

Re: Martial Arts
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2009, 12:50:46 am »
I am doing Tae Kwan Do since I was 5 years old.  I own the 2nd Dan. I am a new member in the German National Team.
In 2007/2008 I was International German champion in the junior range up to 45 kg.
This year I was German vice-champion in the senior range up to 60 kg.
I will start from  28 Jan. - 31 Jan. 2010 at the European Championships in Tae Kwan Do participate at Dublin/Ireland.
If I become there up to the first 10 places in my weight class, I may take in July 2010 at the World Championships in Sydney.
:3456

And for Dublin: :34567 Please report! I'd like you to meet IYN from Sydney in Sydney next year! :234567

Carl

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2009, 05:31:35 am »
Good luck Lisa!

I've been in Karate since I was ten and I got my black belt last year. Thankfully I'm just in it for the exercise as I get crushed when ever I enter a competition.

Offline didiosa1980

• Nude with Towel
  • If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'.
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2010, 03:12:16 am »
I took TaeKwonDo when I was about 10 years or so. Did so for almost 10 years and fell out of it when I hurt my back. I gained up to my 2nd dan however and I'm still proud that I had that to help solidify my childhood with some good practices.

My dad used to do it when he was my age and fell out of it when life hit him. My brother took it up first when he was in middle school and it was cool to do. I wanted to join I think because I was the little kid hanging onto the brother. Dad joined in and he's been doing it ever since then. He has his own Hosinsul TKD school where he does TKD, fencing, aerobics, some judo, and other weaponry.
Neither a woman as a woman, nor a man as a man, has any special function, but the gifts of nature are equally diffused in both sexes; all the pursuits of man are the pursuits of women also, and in all of them a woman is only a weaker man. --Plato

Offline jeffmeister

• N Forum Veteran
  • Casually Dressed
Martial arts
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2015, 07:39:24 am »
Hello anyone here into martial arts?

If so what style are you doing or have you done?

I would love to do martial arts naked that'd be scary but fun.

I'm currently studying the Shindo style which is an ok style but far from great.
Before that I was studying Go-Kan-Ryu which was pretty useless really. More for fitness than for self defense.
The first style I studied was the best of those I've studied which was Kyokushin. When I get my license and can travel to Adelaide I might try that style again.

Offline nitram

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 4
Re: Martial arts
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2015, 11:06:01 am »

I would love to do martial arts naked that'd be scary

Why?

Offline Cabding

• Lord-Master of Vita Nuda Southeast
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Livin' la Vita Nuda!
  • Referrals: 9
    • Vita Nuda Southeast
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2015, 02:07:09 am »
I've taked more than a few classes of Krav Maga. I really liked it but thanks to college becoming "improved" with a compressed schedule I've had no time for anything anymore. It was fun and I learned how to handle a few different situations.
Trying to unite the lost naked souls of the Southeast US. Message our Facebook page or PM me to get involved!

Offline jeffmeister

• N Forum Veteran
  • Casually Dressed
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2015, 02:28:22 am »

I would love to do martial arts naked that'd be scary

Why?

Because when you move while naked things such as breasts and penises tend to swing which would be distracting and I'd feel self conscious about hitting a breast or penis or being hit there myself. I know it'd be unlikely to happen but still.

Also some my fellow students in class are rather attractive which has the potential to cause trouble hehe.

So while I think it'd be fun to do martial arts naked I do find the idea a little scary.

kev

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2015, 10:32:18 pm »
Don't you have to wear special jocks for martial arts? My friend is into it and there is like a special jockstrap and cup he wears. I can't imagine doing something like that naked.

Offline jeffmeister

• N Forum Veteran
  • Casually Dressed
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2015, 01:25:13 am »
Don't you have to wear special jocks for martial arts? My friend is into it and there is like a special jockstrap and cup he wears. I can't imagine doing something like that naked.

Depends on the style you use though since it is about self defense most styles require you to wear protective equipment such as groin guards, gloves and other protective equipment but it varies from style to style. Then there are that dojo's (McDojo's) that expect there to be no contact at all and then claim they are teaching you self defense when in reality all they are doing is helping you get fit while making money.

You can't truly learn self defense without making contact.

As for special jocks with the exception of sumo wrestling I know of no special jocks. Unless you mean a groin gaurd which is different I think.

Density

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2015, 12:55:10 am »
I am practice Wing Chun even though I do not take the classes currently. Will be getting back into come next month because I really feel connected this art style and what it has done to me in my life. I also really wanna try Capoeira b/c it works a lot of the lower body especially the abs and develops great flexibility.

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2015, 01:04:41 am »
I took Kenpo when I was younger. Remember a good amount of it but not exactly sure how I would handle it if I ever really needed to use it. Has been a good many years since I learned it, but times have changed.
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

Density

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2015, 01:15:04 am »
ah the counter-attack style art. learning to counter is fun but it better usage is in striking also since u can open them up for more punishing. sitting in a spot waiting all day just leaves you vulnerable and in real life situations that requires some hard reading since you wont have any conditioning for strikes. regardless it sounds fun but i love all martial arts. i recommend you back into some though man cause it is just to freeing and application makes use of the muscles you build at the gym.

Songnature

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2021, 02:32:55 pm »
Looking at old posts on here. Martial arts are amazing to learn and train. I heard mention of wing Tsun and was wondering if anyone has heard of Baguazhang? It’s an internal style based on natural laws.

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2021, 09:41:10 pm »
Looking at old posts on here. Martial arts are amazing to learn and train. I heard mention of wing Tsun and was wondering if anyone has heard of Baguazhang? It’s an internal style based on natural laws.

How did you find it?

Songnature

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2021, 10:51:07 pm »
There is a school near me. I hadn’t looked into it much at all. It’s really cool though. It’s like tai chi but the movements are more circular. All the internal Qi Gong practices are there along with the martial aspect. Practice feels really good on the body. Probably even better outside naked but I haven’t found a practice spot haha