Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Yahoo messenger  (Read 1110 times)

Offline Xerse

• Topless with bottoms
  • Italian naturist couple :)
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Yahoo messenger
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2016, 05:39:18 pm »
Even if this post is quite old, I would try to write my opinion.

Danee is right. Unfortunately (as someone else wrote) yahoo have a mobile client and it works in a strange way on my android phone. I know someone had issues with Windows 10 and Unfortunately Yahoo don't seems interested in develop this service (unfortunately)

One possible solution could be Telegram, it is a like-whatsup application with some interesting feature. It have a desktop client to allow who (like me) use the dear old PC to write, as well it can be used from your mobile phone (nice to shares messages and pics into private chat groups)

One of the most interesting feature it the capability to exchange a nickname and not only your own telephone number. In brief who have your mobile phone is able to see your nick, but not the opposite; so you can avoid to spread your number but simply give your nickname.

Sergio

Offline Caliboy

• Teens Only Member
  • Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2016, 02:35:52 am »
I do not particularly like Yahoo. It works okay on my laptop running Windows 7. It does not work at all on my android tablet or my windows phone.

I prefer Telegram (www.telegram.me), and my dad likes it and approves of it.
I also use Kik. Not a huge fan, but my cousins tend to use it a lot, so I use it with them, and with a few friends who like it.

Skype and Google Talk are not allowed in my house. Dad's rule. Not sure why, he must not trust the security, although I admit to being completely ignorant of any security issues with any of them.

Offline iyoni

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2016, 08:17:54 am »
Skype and Google Talk are not allowed in my house. Dad's rule. Not sure why, he must not trust the security, although I admit to being completely ignorant of any security issues with any of them.

@Caliboy: Perhaps it's because they both support video chatting, which your dad disapproves of?

Offline Xerse

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2016, 12:48:46 pm »

As iyoni wrote, your dad's rule probably is because he would like to avoid you to be hurted by sexual stuff. He love you as you are his child :) He did not know or did not still accept you are growing, but this is not bad, it is simply love :)

Honestly speaking in Europe most people use Skype (but it have not a good mobile client) and each time someone ask me for yahoo in my past experiences, it was for sexual reasons. I think that it is almost impossible to avoid those behaviour, the best think one parents can do is to warning about what may happen.

Going back to the main argument, It could be nice to understand if Telegram can be used by anyone and if it maybe a nice support to chat together :)

Offline Caliboy

• Teens Only Member
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2016, 06:46:04 pm »
Perhaps it is the video option my dad dislikes, as @Xerse and @iyoni say. I am not sure. I would not do video in any case. A text conversation, I enjoy. A verbal conversation is a bit stressful but bearable. A video conversation would be overwhelming.

I suspect that part of my dad's concern also, is the huge number of users in both of those media (referring to Skype and Google), and the risks increase with the size of the user pool. And yes, my parents are very protective of me, but I am appreciative of it and understand it. That does not mean that I am asking anyone to alter their habits to accommodate me. I am just expressing my opinions of the various media.

The thing I like most about Telegram Messenger is that it is cross-platform. So when I use it for a conversation on my android tablet, that conversation also shows up on my laptop and on my windows phone. I most often use my tablet for text conversation, as a phone is small and difficult for me to use (but I receive the "new message" notification on my phone, and can read the text on my phone). But at times I use my laptop, and it is nice to log in to Telegram on my laptop, and have the conversation from earlier in the day show up, even though I had that conversation on my tablet. You can carry on the same conversation continuously on any of the platforms. There is even a browser version in case you are on someone else's computer.

It does require a phone number, as they will text a verification code on setup. However, you then create a username, and that username is what you give to other people, so you never need to share your phone number.

I suppose yahoo would be okay still, if I could get it to work consistently well on my tablet.

Edit: I should clarify. I do not use the actual Yahoo client. I use Trillian to access Yahoo. Although the Trillian app works good on my tablet, it is unable to maintain a connection to Yahoo, forcing me to log in again every few minutes.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 06:56:45 pm by Caliboy »

Offline Xerse

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2016, 11:03:54 pm »
Hi Caliboy,
thanks a lot for your opinion I think it is helpfull!

Even if I'm a telegram user, I don't know all functions. Could you please tell us how could telegram best be used here?

Of course we could use it to have one-to-one chat but I also think that it could be fine to use group chats or bots to create some live communications. I don't know how they may work or if they could be integrated with this forum avoiding to reduce it's use.

Thanks in advance for your opinion :) 

Offline Caliboy

• Teens Only Member
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2016, 04:31:19 am »
I have chatted in groups that a friend created, but do not know how to create groups (he says it is easy)
I do not know how to use bots, nor do I trust them. I like real people. Not bots.

I do not know a lot about how to use Telegram. I use it for texting. It perhaps does more, I do not know. I know it is easy to text with it.

It could be used as a group chat for this forum, but no way would it replace posting in forum threads. That would limit others from seeing the post, which would defeat the purpose of the forum. But yeah, it is an option for a chat room or an individual texting app.

Offline Xerse

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2016, 05:02:05 pm »
Thanks for your opinion :)

Another issue I'm thinking is that a group chat may became noisy as we are spread around the world.

I read a bit more about BOT, and yes they are not useful here.

Offline aussiedave1985

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2016, 06:52:45 pm »
anyone up for a chat?

Offline Thespis

• Fully Dressed
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2016, 08:08:17 pm »
The biggest problem I face with Yahoo, is that it's simply unavailable to Mac users. Yahoo, has been in financial troubles for a while. They're cutting services and I expect messenger will go soon too, as it seems to not be supported much anymore. Skype has the strongest infrastructure. Ovoo is also pretty strong and lesser known.

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2016, 09:01:05 pm »
Oil traders might keep YIM alive:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-01/oil-traders-may-be-the-only-people-who-want-yahoo-to-thrive
Also, nothing is unavailable for Mac users. Third-party clients are able to use the Yahoo netwrork, there is bound to be something for the may.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline NudeNathan

• Bare Squad - Moderation Division
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I come with my own background music
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2016, 02:17:44 pm »
Welp...

https://www.engadget.com/2016/06/10/goodbye-old-yahoo-messenger/

Looks like we will have to move away from yahoo...
"Before i even knew abbout naturism, I knew I wanted to be nude as much as possible. For me, the lifestyle is a part of me, not something I want to 'get into'
 Its the only way I can actually be.. me"

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2016, 04:36:10 pm »
I vote for XMPP. Cross-platform availability and no dependence on a single provider because anyone can host a server. Accounts look like email addresses so users of one server can chat with those of another server.
https://xmpp.net/directory.php
And here is a list of programs you can use:
https://xmpp.org/software/clients.html
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline DaniSnow

• Guy Talk
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2016, 04:28:07 pm »
I downloaded the yahoo app but i don't know if it's working and to b honest i preffered the old yahoo messenger.
Is there another app where ppl from here can chat and connect?
Btw Danee, did u get my message on yahoo/did u send me 1?

Offline Danee

• Female Chat
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 132
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2016, 11:28:30 pm »
I downloaded the yahoo app but i don't know if it's working and to b honest i preffered the old yahoo messenger.
Is there another app where ppl from here can chat and connect?
Btw Danee, did u get my message on yahoo/did u send me 1?

It's working. I got it and replied.
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/