Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Why music videos need more nude men  (Read 1716 times)

Online Nudielad

• Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 1
Why music videos need more nude men
« on: January 29, 2016, 06:07:20 pm »
http://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/jan/26/why-pop-videos-more-nude-men-objectifying-women-ritzy-bryan-joy-formidable?CMP=share_btn_tw

'In their latest video, Welsh band the Joy Formidable attack the industry’s obsession with objectifying women. Here, singer Ritzy Bryan explains why she wants more bulges and erections and fewer taboos'

If you've never heard of The Joy Formidable you need to get on Youtube now! A small alternative rock band from Wales, such an awesome stage presence and you really feel that a lot of deep thought went into their tracks.

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • The one, The only (according to Google anyway!)
  • Referrals: 16
    • Dario Western's Page
Re: Why music videos need more nude men
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 11:08:32 am »
For those who were in their teens and 20's back in the 1990s, you might remember this one:

"How ridiculous society is! Why be given a body if you have to shut it away like a rare, rare fiddle?"

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • The one, The only (according to Google anyway!)
  • Referrals: 16
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 11:12:43 am »
And here's one with me in it as the lead role:

"How ridiculous society is! Why be given a body if you have to shut it away like a rare, rare fiddle?"

Offline Natuur

• Guy Talk
  • Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 11:11:42 pm »
Awesome idea. (Although I do not really understand the total meaning of the lyrics).

The same is happening in movies. Most moviemakers are narrowminded when it comes to nudity, sexuality and in particular the male sexuality. For it is produces by '15 year old' men for '15 year old' men. So nudity, the normality of body, the normality and vulnerability of sexuality (and sexual acts), let alone male sexuality (Yes I am talking about dicks (floppy and erect)) are not pictured in its full diversity.

http://www.refinery29.com/2016/03/105205/male-gaze-female-perspective
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 11:15:02 pm by Natuur »

vpbbra

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 12:51:56 am »
Awesome idea. (Although I do not really understand the total meaning of the lyrics).

The same is happening in movies. Most moviemakers are narrowminded when it comes to nudity, sexuality and in particular the male sexuality. For it is produces by '15 year old' men for '15 year old' men. So nudity, the normality of body, the normality and vulnerability of sexuality (and sexual acts), let alone male sexuality (Yes I am talking about dicks (floppy and erect)) are not pictured in its full diversity.

I agree!

Online Nudielad

• Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2016, 07:22:35 pm »

Lyrics wise I think everyone will have their own interpretation of the meaning behind this song. To me it seems like the end of a relationship and trying to forget about it but some of those memories creep back in. I could really relate to this song a few months ago when my relationship ended, still gives me strong feelings now just listening to it.