Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Alfred Hitchcock  (Read 2696 times)

Andrew514

Alfred Hitchcock
« on: January 30, 2016, 05:57:34 am »
/
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 01:08:40 am by Andrew »

Offline raud

• just a beginner
  • Topless with bottoms
  • Hello! Hola! Aló! Halló!
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Alfred Hitchcock
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 11:09:18 am »
I really like "Dial M for Murder" and "The Birds"!

Maverick

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 01:43:30 pm »
Hitchcock movies are some of my favorites. Rear Window was the first one I saw, and my favorite. I also like North by Northwest, Vertigo, Dial M for Murder, To Catch a Thief, and The Man Who Knew Too Much. He probably deserves credit for creating some of the best movie titles ever.

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 07:53:27 pm »
Hitchcock holds a special flavor and I love it. His movies were a different time and defined what I love about true horror and suspense. Unlike a lot of movies anymore that is just about hack and slash.
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

Offline NakedShadow

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Vivre Sa Vie
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 05:18:13 am »
Hitchcock holds a special flavor and I love it. His movies were a different time and defined what I love about true horror and suspense. Unlike a lot of movies anymore that is just about hack and slash.
quite ironic since his most famous film must have started the hack and slash

Offline nick79hb

• Manuel aus Bremen
  • Read-Only
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 07:56:08 pm »
my favourite is Psycho , great movie
Bin aus Bremen und freu` mich auf Bekanntschaften.
Freizeitbeschäftigungen sind Kino, Urlaub, mit Freunden was trinken gehen und Spor

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 01:02:29 am »
I wouldn't call psycho a slash and hack. It's more of a psychological thriller.
quite ironic since his most famous film must have started the hack and slash

On the contrary, he's viewed as the Master of Suspense for a reason. When it comes to the basic terms of movies, they actually do break down quite well. Hitchcock movies build up suspense that leads to a murder or killing scene. When you have movies like Psycho, it's labelled as a Psychological Thriller because it messes with your mind at the same time. The Birds (my personal favorite) is labelled as a Thriller. Most of his fall into the suspense, crime, thriller, or mystery categories. Thus also building a good story with them as well.

Now, a "Hack and Slash" style movie would be like Scream. There isn't no suspense leading up to any killings and there is just blood galore flying everywhere. Other movies like Friday the 13th or Nightmare on Elm Street get broken down into mostly horror with slasher elements. There is no story, per say, with these as the goal of the movies are to scare you and kill as much as possible.

Granted, all the movies can be good in their own light, but it does seem to be more of a trend that the suspense in movies is gone and everyone just resorts to the hack and slash clichae that is now.
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

Wombling Wurzel

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2016, 06:24:45 am »
If you like Hitchcock may I suggest 'Rope'.  It is a very clever film in that it takes place in near enough one room in what appears to be a almost single take.  Plus it has James Stewart in it.