Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Holy Pixelating Pixels Batman!  (Read 1021 times)

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 2
Holy Pixelating Pixels Batman!
« on: February 08, 2016, 10:21:33 pm »
In all fairness to movies, I think there should always be a broad range that can be discussed. True they may not be the latest and greatest out there, but also open to some of the slightly older ones..(excluding my fandom of Charlie Chaplin, haha) as well. I would like to briefly talk about Pixels , having just seen it this past weekend myself.

Overall this movie got pretty low ratings from the box office. But who's to blame it? It's a "video game" movie that doesn't target kids. More like the child at heart. If you are a fan of nostalgia like me, then it's an instant hit. Seeing some of the most iconic video game characters on the big screen is pretty fantastic. Having cameo's from people like Dan Aykroyd (+1 Ghostbusters) is just fantastic. Or even a guest star like Toru Iwatani (Creator of Pac-Man). That in itself is just funny.

Then you have actors like Adam Sandler. Sure, he's kinda past his prime of movies (in relation to movies like Waterboy) but he still comes out with a gem every so often that doesn't have him acting over the top goofy.

Ultimately, I give it a 6/10. Worth the watch, but try and catch it on Premium channels or perhaps a rent from Redbox. Nostalgia lovers only.

"Although the movie is titled "Pixels", the attacking aliens are actually composed of voxels. Pixels are 2D and Voxels are 3D"
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

Riot.EXE

Re: Holy Pixelating Pixels Batman!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 12:16:56 am »
That's because it's based on a french animated short.