Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Paul Henry uncovers his nudist ways  (Read 2226 times)

Offline NudieDaniel

• Transport nerd, Natureboy Kiwi
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • The control room
  • Referrals: 2
Paul Henry uncovers his nudist ways
« on: February 16, 2016, 05:25:35 am »
It's like those shock jocks in Bare Pit being nudists but in real life
Paul Henry has uncovered his not-so-secret life as a nudist.

During Tuesday's Paul Henry Show the broadcaster announced he is a nudist.

"I am a nudist and I don't think it matters at all," he said.

PETER MEECHAM/FAIRFAX NZ

Henry said a naturist judge did nudists a disservice by hiding who he was.

The admission was sparked by a story about a New Zealand judge whose naked photos were posted on a nudist club's website.

Paul Henry was at SkyCity for a charity event

The pictures, which showed full-frontal nudity, were removed from the Pineglades Naturist Club's website following media enquiries.

The judge was unnamed and had given consent to the photos being used, according to the club's president.

Following the story the Sensible Sentencing Trust circulated a press release saying the pictures of the judge had resulted in "public outrage and a call for the Judges [sic] actions to be investigated".

Henry said he was offended by the "ludicrous" press release, "as any reasonably, intelligent person should be".

During a feedback segment on Tuesday's show one audience member wrote in suggesting Henry tell the public why he was so passionate about the subject.

"I'm actually not passionate about it, in fact, I'm exactly the opposite," Henry said before announcing he was a nudist.

"We know that people have huge hang-ups on nudity," he said.

"And for me it's no big deal, is it? It's no big deal at all."

Another commenter said judges needed to be transparent and should avoid situations where they left themselves vulnerable to blackmail.

"If he is a nudist, who cares, be proud of who he is. It has no reflection or consequence on how he holds up the law," the audience member said.

Paul Henry agreed with this statement.

"I think it does a disservice to nudists that he's hiding behind it.

"He's been caught out, but caught out for doing nothing illegal, it's just the way he leads his life. Just tell us who you are, judge."

The revelation comes just days after Henry's daughter Bella told her father during a segment on the show that she had sent nude pics of herself.

Bella said the key to protecting oneself when composing a naked selfie is to keep the face out of it.

- Stuff

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv-radio/76927519/paul-henry-uncovers-his-nudist-ways

I'm everywhere and nowhere

Offline Leah

• Female Chat
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Teach Tolerance
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Paul Henry uncovers his nudist ways
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 12:17:45 pm »
It will be interesting how this plays out - will it change people's perception of him.  I hope not
I may be nude but at least my mind is open

Offline NudieDaniel

• Transport nerd, Natureboy Kiwi
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • The control room
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 01:26:18 am »
It will be interesting how this plays out - will it change people's perception of him.  I hope not

Well the not so secret part is the fact he mentioned it in his autobiography from quite a few years ago so I already knew Donna told me this I'm no fan his but even this doesn't affect his ability to keep his job he's did way more offensive things on TVNZ's Breakfast eventually he did leave for Australia where his channel Ten breakfast show flopped and came back here and now presents the radio,TV and online breakfast show. Where he has covered nude issues unlike Bare Pit DJ's he doesn't put the nudist down you could say he's waving the finger at so called middle New Zealand and of course he called the PM's flag choice 'bloodily horrible' right in front of him, so he's good sometimes.
I'm everywhere and nowhere

Offline rg007

• Topless with bottoms
  • Curiosity kills the cat.
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 05:40:05 am »
Is the daughter Bella a nudist too?