Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Deadpool (Spoiler free) Rated R  (Read 2239 times)

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 2
Deadpool (Spoiler free) Rated R
« on: February 20, 2016, 08:20:01 pm »
If you haven't seen it yet, you are totally missing out here. Overall imdb rating puts it at an 8.6.

As I'm sure many of you have heard, Deadpool is quickly rising up on the charts. It's apparently loved all the way around. Not only for it's action but it's character development and story. The action includes lots of bloodshed, head shots, and all types of gore you expect from it.

The character development is really kinda interesting as well. His back story is pretty plain coming from the comic books. Your basic human turned mutant and all. He's one of the few "famous" fictional characters to be known as omnisexual which attracts people that feel that they are hated upon for their sexual nature. In short there, Deadpool just doesn't give a crap and would basically do anything if he felt any attraction to it/him/her. Constantly breaks the 4th wall.

So far the movie has grossed 172 million dollars, which blows it's 58 million dollar budget out of the water. It has almost 40 references to other movies within it ranging from The Godfather to Star Wars.

Ultimately, it's an all around good movie to watch even if you are not a Marvel fan. Warning on taking the kids though as this might rise to individual parenting.
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

Offline Craig

• Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Deadpool (Spoiler free) Rated R
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 11:22:20 pm »
I wasn't really impressed with it to be honest.  I thought it was just too much.  To me really a similar movie in terms of action was Kingsmen that came out last year and was a much better film.  Classy over crude for me I guess.

Offline The_Xenologer

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 07:24:59 am »
I wasn't really impressed with it to be honest.  I thought it was just too much.  To me really a similar movie in terms of action was Kingsmen that came out last year and was a much better film.  Classy over crude for me I guess.

I actually found Kingsmen more needlessly over the top than Deadpool (especially in that ridiculous church scene). I enjoyed both, but I found that Deadpool had a surprising amount of heart on top of the great action scenes and hilarious dialogue. I didn't really care about any of the characters in Kingsmen.
“A mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone.”

-Tyrion Lannister

Offline Nudie

• Topless with bottoms
  • Freedom
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 10:47:23 am »
I really enjoyed Deadpool, but then again, I've been waiting for this movie for quite some time. It really is a comic book movie for comic book fans (and they absolutely nailed that aspect) but left it approachable to softer fans. However, due to its surprising (to the studio) box office numbers, it has gained the attention of demographics whom this film was not made for. I'm not saying regular people won't enjoy this movie, because they have. But many moviegoers and critics walked in expecting something more refined but that's not what Deadpool is. For most fans, though, this was as perfect of a Deadpool film as we could have asked for, lets just hope that they keep the sequels that way.

Offline Turtlejosh

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 10:58:19 am »
Deadpool has arguably the most faithful comic book adaptation of any of the marvel characters I feel. He is so on point it hurts.

The movie was great because of this, despite the tired storyline of revenge against the villain. But the character and links to the X men really helped.

Now just to link these characters in the X men films and we have a winner. X force anyone?

AmericanSwede

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2016, 06:45:25 pm »
Loved Deadpool! (And Kingsmen)

And Deadpool hosting SNL would be very nifty.

Sign the petition.... https://www.change.org/p/lorne-michaels-have-deadpool-host-saturday-night-live

Offline werecuddle

• Shouting it out loud
  • I'm leaving Guam coz of NoKor
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 02:27:18 pm »
Deadpool is love.

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 07:54:25 pm »
A quick fun fact. Ryan Reynolds obviously loves being Deadpool. So much so, that he basically said he's keeping the suit. Didn't ask to pay for it or anything, just took it. (Course, sure he might get charged for it anyways.)

On the contrary, Ben Affleck looked into buying his Batman suit from the Batman vs Superman movie. Was told it would be 100,000 dollars to take it home. He decided not to. I'm sure the Deadpool costume didn't cost near as much, but the "I don't give a flip" attitude of just saying he was born for the role and was going to take it anyways, regardless of whether they let him or not, just shows even more that Reynolds is the perfect choice for the character.
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

Offline Marney

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Nude is most convenient !!!
  • Referrals: 10
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2016, 02:50:47 am »
Loved DEADPOOL ... was kinda awkward the first minutes but when u realized thats really the "tone" of the whole Movie you're very welcome to an absurd, rollercoaster ride of movie ^^
May the Force be with you, always !!!

Offline NudistMetalHead

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2016, 04:04:57 am »
You knew it was gonna be a good movie when the screen showed the opening credits.  :happy
"Don't talk to strangers 'cause they're only there to do you harm"- Ronnie James Dio

Offline Marney

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Nude is most convenient !!!
  • Referrals: 10
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2016, 04:51:20 am »
You knew it was gonna be a good movie when the screen showed the opening credits.  :happy

:agree :jumpingsmile :234567
May the Force be with you, always !!!