Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Nude cyclist Nick Lowe identified as mystery rider in leopard G-string  (Read 1715 times)

Offline NudieDaniel

• Transport nerd, Natureboy Kiwi
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • The control room
  • Referrals: 2
JESSY EDWARDS

Last updated 20:35, February 23 2016

A nude cyclist who caused a thong and dance in Marlborough has been exposed – he's Lower Hutt naturist Nick Lowe.

He attracted more than a few glances last week as he rode along State Highway 6 between Havelock and Blenheim,  wearing only a helmet, shoes and a leopard-print thong, handmade by his wife.

"I must take my hat off to the Marlborough drivers, they gave me a wide berth," he said on Tuesday from his home in Petone.

CAMERON BURNELL/ FAIRFAX NZ
He always wears a helmet, he just doesn't always wear pants.

A woman complained after seeing him cycling in the buff along Akatarawa Rd, Upper Hutt, on World Nude Bike Day in 2009.

He was charged and convicted for riding naked, but appealed it as far as the High Court, where he won.

"It was a very stressful time, " Lowe admits.

"But I thought I'd go in balls-and-all and fight the conviction. It cost $5000 to defend the $200 fine, but it was about the principle."

Justice Clifford said at the time that Lowe's nakedness had not met the test of offensive behaviour, and he quashed the conviction and fine.

Lowe says being a naturist is about being comfortable, not about exhibitionism.

"Naturism is about enjoying life without the encumbrance of clothes."

He first realised he liked letting it all hang loose when he was about 12.

One of the only times he remembers feeling nervous taking his kit off was when he first went to a nudist beach with his first wife. They were walking down the beach hand-in-hand when they bumped into someone he knew.

"But when you're naked conversing with someone, it makes you realise no-one gives a shit."

He and his wife, who is also into naturism after meeting him, worked out they could save money if she sewed him the G-strings he prefers as underwear.

The fire risk assessor is also into other sports: he does the Coast to Coast, kayaks, and competes in adventure races, often training completely in the nude.

"I often kayak out to Somes Island with nothing on."

Being naked in public is all about the intent to offend, he says.

"If there's a big group of people, you're more likely to offend someone. I could walk down Lambton Quay in a G-string and no one could do anything, but I wouldn't do that."

He will be baring all in the South Island again for the World Naked Bike Ride in Golden Bay on March 12.

As he puts it, just bring your bike and nothing else to Tarakohe Harbour at 3pm to ride to Pohara.

- Stuff

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/nz-life-leisure/77199631/nude-cyclist-nick-lowe-identified-as-mystery-rider-in-leopard-gstring?cid=facebook.post.77199631

I'm everywhere and nowhere