Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: The 3 reasons why naturism is not embraced and accepted by more people  (Read 7386 times)

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
Re: The 3 reasons why naturism is not embraced and accepted by more people
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2016, 03:30:32 am »
The sad thing is now today is that most of the general society equates nudity to sexuality that the only reason you're s nudist is to get down and dirty.   When it really isn't because nudism is a personal preference and choice that you feel comfortable enough to be around other people without clothes on because you acceptt yourself and you also acceot others.  Mostly it's not a problem because you don't see it as a wrong

I agree with you. However, it doesn't help our case that a lot of nudists just happen to want to get down and dirty anyway regardless of casual unclothed-ness. I think that also sews some of the seeds of confusion.

I would not say it is a lot of N's. It is some, with people who harm the actual legality of family venues for example, by going there for the wrong reasons and doing their thing in the dunes perhaps or other things.  Luckily, responsible naturists take immediate action in many cases too though 

There are other examples of what Eric is saying but I do not think it more with N's then anyone else myself, or any place else.  I do think that having the Australian Sex party though lobbying for free beaches in Queensland in Australia for example turns folks off, though Dario has explained that the name is not what it is really. 

Those are my views though, as others are expressing theirs. 
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2016, 05:52:15 am »
I agree with you. However, it doesn't help our case that a lot of nudists just happen to want to get down and dirty anyway regardless of casual unclothed-ness. I think that also sews some of the seeds of confusion.

I can agree, and fully understand, this point right here. Although a little unrelated, it's similar to what I'm into as well. A furry con that use to happen in Oklahoma is no longer going on because people felt that they could really disobey the rules and engage with each other in the park. In my own experience talking with other nudist and the one place I visited, these type of displays of affection were really frowned upon. So, when people do that, in does jepordize the image that the rest of the world sees us as.
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

rdfcguy

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2016, 06:01:31 am »

I can agree, and fully understand, this point right here. Although a little unrelated, it's similar to what I'm into as well. A furry con that use to happen in Oklahoma is no longer going on because people felt that they could really disobey the rules and engage with each other in the park. In my own experience talking with other nudist and the one place I visited, these type of displays of affection were really frowned upon. So, when people do that, in does jepordize the image that the rest of the world sees us as.

I didn't necessarily mean those who are into naturism for the wrong reasons. I was referring to those who are honest-to-goodness naturists but also are very sexually unrestrained, since there seems to be a strong overlap between the two groups. Correlation does not equal causation, of course, but such strong correlation might turn off potential family nudists.

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2016, 05:30:12 pm »
Is there really such a strong correlation? Naturists probably are likely to come from "less Victorian" social circles, but some quite significant group is actually rather sex-phobic, precisely because of a (real or imagined, but definitely perceived) threat from those bad apples. Maybe there are a lot of regional differences as well - I imagine the "old guard" being rather sexually liberated in the San Francisco region, for instance.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline Sunlover

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Nude whenever possible
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2016, 11:53:21 pm »
Is there really such a strong correlation? Naturists probably are likely to come from "less Victorian" social circles, but some quite significant group is actually rather sex-phobic, precisely because of a (real or imagined, but definitely perceived) threat from those bad apples. Maybe there are a lot of regional differences as well - I imagine the "old guard" being rather sexually liberated in the San Francisco region, for instance.
+++ man, exactly what I was about to say. I don't see nowadays naturists more sexual-orientated than the nowadays average among the whole society. It might be a confusion felt by some people who link naturism with the Hippie times where those people's colourful lives involved both a lot of nudity and a lot of sex.

What is really intriguing for me these days is the big hypocrisy of media, commercials, going soooooo much deeper into body exposure nowadays than a few decades ago and in the same time perceiving nudism as something so rare, bizarre, inappropriate, etc. The same modest housewife might find it OK that both the actress in a bra commercial shown on a billboard in the city as well as the female moderator of a TV show have their breasts barely covered, purely to gather more attention on purpose, but if she got to know that her neighbouring housewife had gone to a nude beach, just for her own relax, not for other's attention, she'd call her names... ah yeah, I dislike such double standards!
Feel free to send me PMs on any subject!

Offline Wildborn

• Born Naked, Die Naked
  • Nude with Towel
  • Have a wonderful nude day.
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2016, 12:09:58 am »
 :like

Names Liam

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2016, 11:58:59 am »
+++ man, exactly what I was about to say. I don't see nowadays naturists more sexual-orientated than the nowadays average among the whole society. It might be a confusion felt by some people who link naturism with the Hippie times where those people's colourful lives involved both a lot of nudity and a lot of sex.

What is really intriguing for me these days is the big hypocrisy of media, commercials, going soooooo much deeper into body exposure nowadays than a few decades ago and in the same time perceiving nudism as something so rare, bizarre, inappropriate, etc. The same modest housewife might find it OK that both the actress in a bra commercial shown on a billboard in the city as well as the female moderator of a TV show have their breasts barely covered, purely to gather more attention on purpose, but if she got to know that her neighbouring housewife had gone to a nude beach, just for her own relax, not for other's attention, she'd call her names... ah yeah, I dislike such double standards!
The main problem, I think, is a supreme lack of identification awareness. Now I am by no means an advocate for identity politics (actually I am against most identity politics), however, psychologically, it would seems that naturism/nudism has unintentionally excluded either already marginalized groups or groups that would become marginalized if either their interest in nudism/naturism were reveled to others of said group, or their participation in said group with other nudists/naturists. E.G. Bible-belt Christian Naturists, conservative naturists (esp. pro-lifers), Jewish naturists/nudists, etc. I am thinking that a more targeted outreach is needed. I would recommend normalizing nudism/naturism. The fastest way would be to create a large varity of consumer products that non-natursits/non-nudists are likely to use. I.E. Video Games, Role-Playing Games, Restaurants (clothing optional/clothing optional events etc. [same goes for parks, BBQs, etc.]), Advertisements (online would be useful here), etc. The list could go on forever, but unfortunately I am not really a people person, so someone else should consider adding here, or here http://www.truenudists.com/groups/view.php?action=viewthread&id=8766&idt=96614&vpage=1 .