Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: New Powerpuff Girls  (Read 1312 times)

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 2
New Powerpuff Girls
« on: April 11, 2016, 05:40:20 am »
Seeung as many people on here are 90s kids, I figured this might be a good one to hit on.

Powerpuff Girls was a hit when it first started and almost everything had some reference or cameo to it. Showed up in Scary Movie, Blade, and Mad TV. The original creator found fun and joy and it was aimed at all kids. The voices picked for the girls were perfect and expressed just tons of emotion. Along with the humor but occasional seriousness that was needed during whichever episode.

Sadly, this new one does not. I have it a week of recording and watching the new ones. Ultimately I feel I wasted almost 3 hours. Reading up on it they didn't even bother asking the original girls voice stars to come back, but just replaced them. Professor, the mayor, mojo, and a few others are back, but the more teenageish sounding girls, it just doesn't have the same feel on it. The original creators and artist are also not on board, which takes away even more of the splendid that the show use to be.

I don't want to spoil anything, so be sure to judge upon it yourself. I'm thankful to say that the majority of the online community and critics seem to share my setiment on the new 2016 version of this. Consider this to be a reboot, not a continuation.

Judging this myself as a 4 and only because the art style looks about the same with also the return of a few minor character voices.
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

Density

Re: New Powerpuff Girls
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 03:17:59 pm »
This one isn't too shabby at all. I like the artstyle is pretty cool and quite colorful. The voices I feel are perfect also because they, the directors, tried to appeal to the 90s kids a little by making it seem their is some lapse of time that has passed. Not much of course, but maybe a year or so.  The mayor is the mayor of course and the fact he spends his hard earned money and the city's resources on pickle things is always funny. That has remained intact from the past PPG show. I'm digging the new villains, Man boy for example, and how the villains are used to showcase the girl's individualities. This shows how the girls mature independently. It is kind of like girls experiencing teenage problems. Overall the new PPG is becoming something new and fresh in this retrospect.  :afro:

Ad1210

Re: New Powerpuff Girls
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 02:17:59 am »
#Notmyblossom