Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Returning to school...sorta  (Read 1213 times)

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 2
Returning to school...sorta
« on: April 14, 2016, 04:20:59 am »
I suppose we can claim this as a hobby, haha. Not really much good for anything else.

Back in 2003 I went to college. My major was IT/Computer Networking. Something that I felt that everyone should really know, but something I didn't fully enjoy doing.

My minor, on the other hand, was Mythological Historian. When it came to subjects that I could literally talk for hours on...and I have sometimes...it's mythology. There really isn't much you can do with this type of degree though. Professor, Museum Director, or just private tutoring are about it. I got my Bachelors in it though, however, and I felt I needed to go above. I'm now enrolled in getting my Masters and hopefully, one day, eventually get my Doctrine in the field. I felt I'd go ahead and do this after I've completed my courses on understanding Egyptian Hieroglyphics. Finished that in January but have been so busy, just now starting to get my paperwork rolling for the rest of it.

So anyways, yah, doing this but ultimately it's just for the fun of it.
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

Density

Re: Returning to school...sorta
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 03:43:56 pm »
I feel ya brah. I went to school for Mechanical Engineering, but I felt like it really wasn't for me later on but got the bachelor's anyway. After trying to find a job in the field but to no avail i realized I should have went to school for linguistics in Chinese since I loved and learned that language in high school. Right now I am getting all my stuff in order to go back for a masters in linguistics for Chinese since I not only love the language, I practice martial arts and I love the culture in general.

Good luck man in your ventures. I really pray both fulfill the things we truly wish for going back to school. No need wondering what could have been, but now let's get there.  :afro:

N.M.S.

Re: Returning to school...sorta
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 09:09:35 pm »
That's awesome! Best of luck to you. I also have an IT degree and I'm also not really enjoying it myself. I didn't even really enjoy the schooling all that much to be honest. Would love to go back for something I really love like music or theatre. I may just do that when I have a bit more money. Best of luck to both of you and I hope that what you're pursuing is fulfilling for each of you!