Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Ontario, Canada: The City of Guelph gets it! WELL DONE!  (Read 14616 times)

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
Ontario, Canada: The City of Guelph gets it! WELL DONE!
« on: May 02, 2016, 02:21:51 pm »
City makes it official: Tops no longer mandatory for girls at pools

A rule which sparked a major outcry last summer is officially off the books in Guelph.
 For many years, it had been mandatory for any girl aged four or older to wear a top while using city pools.
 The rule spared accusations of sexism in 2015, after an eight-year-old girl was ordered to put on a top or leave the pool at Exhibition Park.
 City officials eventually agreed to review the rule.
 That review is now complete, and the city no longer mandates tops for girls and women using its pools.
 Instead, the rules call for “appropriate” attire – meaning something that is clean and covers at least the swimmer’s bottom.
 While councillors were not involved in the review of the rule, Coun. Mark MacKinnon said in an interview that he thought staff had made an “excellent decision” by adopting a policy that treats all people the same way.
 “Whether it’s a girl or a boy, man or a woman, everyone gets to decide for themselves what is appropriate attire,” he said.
 As part of the review, city officials looked at pool attire standards in a dozen other communities, including Waterloo Region’s three cities and Milton.
 What they found, MacKinnon said, is that most cities didn’t mandate tops for girls or women of any age – and the absence of such a rule didn’t lead to significant volumes of either complaints or nudity at municipal pools.
 For Anika Warmington, the stepmother of the eight-year-old who touched off the controversy, news of the change was welcome information.
 “I’m really happy,” she said in an interview.
 “I have always seen Guelph as a more progressive community, so I was surprised to see that policy in place to begin with.”
Video and Story: http://guelph.ctvnews.ca/city-makes-it-official-tops-no-longer-mandatory-for-girls-at-pools-1.2881237#

These kids get it.  The boy is not aroused. The girls are not shy about their bods and that, is the way it should be everywhere. 

(From our galleries http://internationalyn.org/forum/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;pic=122

Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Lang

Re: Ontario, Canada: The City of Guelph gets it! WELL DONE!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 02:46:21 pm »
good for them! hopefully the rest of the world will figure it out soon..

Offline Limabean

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 03:38:47 pm »
 :like :like :like

highglyder

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 03:15:09 am »
I never understood, and still don't, why women can't be barechested like men.  Even though we both have nipples, a woman's must be hidden or they are lewd.  Expose and draw attention to the fleshy part of the breast, which men don't have, and there are no problems.  But those darker pigmented parts....evil!!

Ad1210

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 04:03:42 am »
Well done Canada

Offline cjpilotboy

• Christian Nudist
  • Retired Staff
  • Nude without Towel
  • Be natural, be comfortable ;)
  • Referrals: 37
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2016, 05:25:08 pm »
This seems like it is hitting at the perfect time. With the world so open about banning swimwear for one group but approving more open policies giving the swimmer the freedom to pick is needed.
Always seek Truth, dont let anything stop you.

MatthewR

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2016, 12:12:52 am »
 :like A step in the right direction. Can someone tell me the status of topfree related laws in Canada? Is it just Ontario, or is it all of Canada that allows women to be topfree?

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2016, 10:48:58 am »
:like A step in the right direction. Can someone tell me the status of topfree related laws in Canada? Is it just Ontario, or is it all of Canada that allows women to be topfree?

Matty, I think you will find that the landmark case in Ontario has been used in other provinces.  Have a read of the wiki.

Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

MatthewR

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2016, 12:56:30 pm »

Matty, I think you will find that the landmark case in Ontario has been used in other provinces.  Have a read of the wiki.

Thanks Danee!

"The Court found the baring of her breasts was not harmful to anyone. There was nothing degrading or dehumanizing in her conduct. The Court noted anyone who was offended was not forced to look."

An excellent summation by the Courts.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 01:11:04 pm by MatthewR »

Offline cp

• Retired Staff
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 08:17:42 pm »
good for them! hopefully the rest of the world will figure it out soon..
I Agree :-)