Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Overwatch!  (Read 10768 times)

Density

Overwatch!
« on: May 05, 2016, 12:51:58 pm »
I'm having too much fun with this game simply because of the chaos it brings. The hardest part tho is learning the maps and where characters have advantageous positioning. My least favorite character is Bastion simply because he can pitch a tent and go ham. They nerfed him some time ago since he had a sheild so you can only imagine the pain of approaching objectives. Each character has a lot of potential and so far I like the supporting class since I basically learn support roles first in all games. Just my nature. Favorite support is Zenyatta with my sleeper support Symmetra (my goodness those turrets solidify positioning.  :afro:

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 2
Re: Overwatch!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 08:37:31 pm »
I personally can't wait to try it. I bought it the first day it went on sale but never got a beta key. Can install it after work but probably won't be able to touch it till this weekend.
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

Riot.EXE

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 01:21:30 am »
I love the look and character designs, but hate that it's another god damn FPS. (I hate that genre)

Density

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 12:25:26 pm »
i don't play a lot of FPS games anymore, so playing this after all these years is fresh for me. it is casual friendly and can be competitive at the same time. give it a shot @Riot.EXE

Offline nacktfuchs

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 03:47:05 pm »
i will buy it
if is not the normal FPS like CoD or BF..its more fun to play

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 12:28:50 am »
I got myself up to level 9 before the beta was turned back off. Gotta say I love the hell out of it. It reminds me alot of the days I use to play Unreal Tournament 2004. Intense and always moving. Helps that Bastian is probably a little op too. Love that robot. haha
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

Density

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2016, 12:57:42 am »
Bastion is fine. There is a lot of counter play so you just have to respect the damage and find effective ways around it. After all you can change characters after you die to adapt to the changing pace if you. Although I do not know if it will be the same when the real game comes out. Dude they already said yesterday that it is a permanently banned if you are caught cheating. Flipped a table when I saw that.  :afro:

http://www.polygon.com/2016/5/13/11672104/overwatch-permanent-bans-report-feature-blizzard

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2016, 06:32:25 pm »
It is funny how there are already numerous people complaining that they could be perma-banned for cheating just once. I never understood this. Even in WoW I use a bare minimum amount of addons. No I don't call any of this cheating, but the extent some people change the game to make it to their liking. Flipping around the UI to their liking or moving things all over the place. Macro's by themselves almost seem like cheating to me in the hands of a skilled player.

Needless to say, the people that are complaining like crazy already are the ones that were planning on cheating in the first place. If someone can't play a game without cheating in the first place, maybe they shouldn't play at all.

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2016, 06:50:00 pm »
I prefer blocking rather than banning. Especially if the game has a single-player component (even just matches against bots) and/or supports private servers (and every multiplayer game should). Both provide opportunity to cheat to you heart's content, which a solo player or server owner should be able to allow, and it would be terrible if the negligence of forgetting you had cheaty mods enabled results in a permanent ban. Block cheaty mods on matchmaking-enabled servers (and private ones where the server owner approves) and only hand out bans for those cheats that deliberately try to circumvent the blocking system.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2016, 06:48:40 am »
This one is quite a bit different. I agree with you @Delta to a degree. I've played, in the past, on my Unreal Tournament 2k4 servers, and they had private ones where cheating, or hyper weapons, were allowed. However, that being said the private servers weren't hosted by Epic, Midway, or Atari. They were hosted by private players. In that retrospect, I think it's ok.

With Overwatch, all servers...even the ones against only bots...are hosted by Blizzard. Would be counter productive to host and run servers just to allow people to cheat on. And if everyone is cheating, then no one has fun. Other then the "private" bot matches, Overwatch doesn't have any single player at all. You can't even login to the game without having an internet connection.

No, when you buy a game like that, you never even own it. You buy the right to play on their servers and have to respect their Terms of Service accordingly. It's all borrowed time on someone else's expense. Same came be said with World of Warcraft. That one gets even more technical because if Blizzard finds out about private servers with that, they'll shut them down by suing the person that created the server. Letting anyone and everyone play their game without paying their monthly sub cost to it hits them hard.

Ultimately, when it comes to a FPS game, it really is no fun if people are cheating. You need a win sometimes to keep you interested in a game. If you're losing all the time, then the joy of playing slips out as well.

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2016, 07:31:11 am »
This one is quite a bit different. I agree with you @Delta to a degree. I've played, in the past, on my Unreal Tournament 2k4 servers, and they had private ones where cheating, or hyper weapons, were allowed. However, that being said the private servers weren't hosted by Epic, Midway, or Atari. They were hosted by private players. In that retrospect, I think it's ok.

With Overwatch, all servers...even the ones against only bots...are hosted by Blizzard. Would be counter productive to host and run servers just to allow people to cheat on. And if everyone is cheating, then no one has fun. Other then the "private" bot matches, Overwatch doesn't have any single player at all. You can't even login to the game without having an internet connection.

No, when you buy a game like that, you never even own it. You buy the right to play on their servers and have to respect their Terms of Service accordingly. It's all borrowed time on someone else's expense. Same came be said with World of Warcraft. That one gets even more technical because if Blizzard finds out about private servers with that, they'll shut them down by suing the person that created the server. Letting anyone and everyone play their game without paying their monthly sub cost to it hits them hard.

Ultimately, when it comes to a FPS game, it really is no fun if people are cheating. You need a win sometimes to keep you interested in a game. If you're losing all the time, then the joy of playing slips out as well.

And I hate games that are like that. Unfortunately, this behavior is getting more and more popular, probably owing to the success of MMOs and console shooters. With GTA5, custom multiplayer mods were shut down as well, because Take2's bottom line is improved by people only playing GTA Online and potentially buying cash cards.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Density

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2016, 12:04:19 pm »
I prefer blocking rather than banning. Especially if the game has a single-player component (even just matches against bots) and/or supports private servers (and every multiplayer game should). Both provide opportunity to cheat to you heart's content, which a solo player or server owner should be able to allow, and it would be terrible if the negligence of forgetting you had cheaty mods enabled results in a permanent ban. Block cheaty mods on matchmaking-enabled servers (and private ones where the server owner approves) and only hand out bans for those cheats that deliberately try to circumvent the blocking system.

Blocking is more reasonable since some1 has already purchased your product. You don't want to lose a potential buyer or supporter of your games if you completely ban them. At least hit them with time out before playing again and then if the behavior resumes you can hit them with the ban stick.

Offline NudeNathan

• Bare Squad - Moderation Division
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I come with my own background music
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2016, 10:44:17 am »
I purchased Overwatch a couple of days ago and I love it, it's the most fun I've had in a competitive shooter in a while, all the different play styles of the characters always makes it interesting. Anyone have a favourite character they like to play?  :azn:

Density

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2016, 01:51:23 pm »
Lucio is me all the way through. Style, grace, aggression, healing, and motion are the qualities this support encompasses. It is like playing Bayonetta but from Brazil.

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2016, 05:06:24 pm »
Think ya still did well tanking, lol