Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Anyone into leatherworking?  (Read 2274 times)

Offline Paul

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I go nude every day, cuz baby, I was born this way
  • Referrals: 2
Anyone into leatherworking?
« on: May 11, 2016, 10:47:06 am »
My primary hobby is leatherworking, and I was wondering if there were any other folks on the forum who do this as well.  Here's a photo of one of the belts I made for a friend.
Slaínte,

Paul

lvxandlight

Re: Anyone into leatherworking?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 04:09:58 pm »
Very fancy

Offline Paul

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 08:07:40 pm »
Very fancy

Thank you!  It was a lot of work, but it was also a lot of fun!
Slaínte,

Paul

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 03:03:09 pm »
@Paul  It is one of those things I would like to start. There is one sheath/scabbard project that I haven't gone to start, even though I have the material, but still
need some tools to get it properly fixed.

Offline Paul

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 02:20:04 am »
@Paul  It is one of those things I would like to start. There is one sheath/scabbard project that I haven't gone to start, even though I have the material, but still

@Northman If you want inexpensive tools you can find them on geek.com or aliexpress.com.  I've bought and used them and they are of typical quality.  I got a set of 20 tools (basic tooling set) for about $20USD, which is a huge discount over the cost of them from local retailers...the shipping takes about 6 weeks though.

I have been training to do leather garments (mostly motorcycle leathers) lately, but I still do tooling since it is a popular request.  And it is fun.  Good luck with your knife sheath project!  I'd love to see it when it's done!
Slaínte,

Paul

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 06:45:42 am »

@Northman If you want inexpensive tools you can find them on geek.com or aliexpress.com.  I've bought and used them and they are of typical quality.  I got a set of 20 tools (basic tooling set) for about $20USD, which is a huge discount over the cost of them from local retailers...the shipping takes about 6 weeks though.

I have been training to do leather garments (mostly motorcycle leathers) lately, but I still do tooling since it is a popular request.  And it is fun.  Good luck with your knife sheath project!  I'd love to see it when it's done!

Yeah, when it is done ... It has had to wait for a time when I am not buried in other work. The plan is to do a similar sheath like the one it has now, but I am wanting to add one or two pockets over one side to carry a whetstone for one. I am also mean to replace the clasp for a better one since as it is the blade - it is a kukri - keeps nicking pieces of the leather away when I pull it from the sheath. Also make the cutting surface to face forward, since I feel it to be more natural.

And thank you for the tip about the tools. I will be sure to check them out.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 06:47:20 am by Northman »