Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: NEWS: Nudists Protest Proposed Neighbouring Migrant Home  (Read 6116 times)

Maverick

NEWS: Nudists Protest Proposed Neighbouring Migrant Home
« on: June 09, 2016, 02:02:49 pm »
Nudists in Dresden are protesting the proposal for a migrant home to be built near their nudist colony over safety fears.

A new migrant home is scheduled to be built in the town of Mortizburg outside of the eastern German city of Dresden. Neighbours of the proposed home, which is to cost €1.5 million, are up in arms over safety concerns because the town is home to a nudist camp.

The nudists have started a protest against the migrant home despite guarantees by the district office of Meissen who said there are plans to mitigate “cultural tensions”, Junge Freiheit reports.

Petra Hoffmann, who is the treasurer of the nudist group “Familiensport- und FKK-Bund Waldteichfreunde Moritzburg”, claims that many of the members of the group have legitimate fears over their own personal safety due to the high number of reports of migrant sexual assaults across Germany.

One member of the naturist group expressed their fears, saying: “If there is going to be a camp for young men, as they say, I will not stay in my caravan alone at night.”

According to Ms. Hoffmann, the group has been in the area for over a century and thus should have a say on the proposed centre as migrants may affect their ability to carry on their nudist lifestyle:

“Since 1905, our more than 400 members maintain a traditional way of life, the culture of nudity,” she said, and went on to question the decision to build the home in the location: “I do not know if it wise to set up the asylum home here”.

According to reports, soon after complaining about the migrant home publicly, Ms. Hoffmann was heavily criticised, like many others who have spoken out against migrants.  She now no longer wishes to speak to the media.

The Meissen regional council said they are looking into the concerns of the nudists and are treating their concerns with care. Spokeswoman for the district office, Kerstin Thoens, said: “This newly built home is only built as a reserve and is not intended to be used during the warm summer months,” and claimed that the district will install a large privacy screen between the migrant home and the nudist camp.

Ms. Thoens said that any migrants who come to Germany should be expected to adapt to the local culture — including accepting nudism, which finds its origins in German culture.

She said that the district would also work specifically with young migrant men to both educate them on naturist culture and ensure that they are accepting of it, explicitly that nudism in Germany has nothing to do with immortality. “With mutual respect and tolerance there is certainly a way for peaceful coexistence,” she said.

The nudists join an ever growing list of residents of towns and cities across Germany who are protesting the construction of migrant homes in their neighbourhoods over fears of safety.

The cost of migrant housing is rising.  The migrant home in Meissen alone costs €1.5 million —which will only be occupied for part of the year — but in Berlin it is estimated that migrant housing will cost the city €2 billion.

Thoughts?

SOURCE: http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/06/08/nudists-protest-neighbouring-migrant-home/

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
Re: NEWS: Nudists Protest Proposed Neighbouring Migrant Home
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 04:23:39 pm »
I understand their concerns.  The club has a long history of real fkk in the land of the beginning of FKK.  It embraces the family atmosphere and normalcy of the philosophy.   The migrants are coming from a land where this is not at all right or proper.  And, there are numerous reports and incidences of lack of respect as well. I say all that believing in helping them far more then we do in the USA though. 
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline Pitti

• Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 8
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 04:53:07 pm »
I understand their concerns.  The club has a long history of real fkk in the land of the beginning of FKK.  It embraces the family atmosphere and normalcy of the philosophy.   The migrants are coming from a land where this is not at all right or proper.  And, there are numerous reports and incidences of lack of respect as well. I say all that believing in helping them far more then we do in the USA though.

That´s correct. After proceedings in Cologne in the  new years eve, a lot of women are afraid for the migrants and the big problem is that the migrants has problems to understanding the German culture. And now you bring this people in the near of a camp of FKK, with a bigger culture differences bring more conflict potential.

The Moritzburger Waldteichfreunde has a big problem to find new members and I think they get more problems to find new members. Looking what´s happens. I live in the near of Moritzburg.
"If war is the answer, then we ask the wrong questions."
(Wenn Krieg die Antwort ist, dann stellen wir die falschen Fragen)

Susan G. Komen

rc

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 12:03:53 am »
I can sorta understand where the are coming from, I came across this article from the dailymail a while back. I understand dailymail may not be the most accurate or informed places but I hope this isn't true or as bad as it seems.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3426142/Germany-hands-cartoon-etiquette-guides-swimming-baths-dozens-women-groped-migrants.html

Offline Duncan naturist

• Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 09:14:25 am »
I too can understand their concerns, I sure they could build the camp in a different location , however saying that it doesn't mean to say that the migrants would pose a threat either.....

Maverick

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2016, 01:11:53 pm »

Any time two different cultures come together, there will be conflict, good or bad. Too often it is bad conflict, and I fear that this particular situation (and the bigger issue in general) will continue to lead to bad conflict.

the big problem is that the migrants has problems to understanding the German culture.

I don't think it's that they necessarily have problems understanding German (or Western) culture, it's that they don't want to understand or adapt. Maybe that's not the case with all of them, but I would imagine it is for many (especially the ones who are sexually assaulting women).

There are other countries in the world with cultures much more similar to that of these migrants' countries (presumably Syria and maybe Iraq). Think about it: Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia.... Why aren't the migrants fleeing to these countries, and why aren't these countries stepping up to aid like Europe has?

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2016, 04:54:02 pm »

Any time two different cultures come together, there will be conflict, good or bad. Too often it is bad conflict, and I fear that this particular situation (and the bigger issue in general) will continue to lead to bad conflict.

the big problem is that the migrants has problems to understanding the German culture.

I don't think it's that they necessarily have problems understanding German (or Western) culture, it's that they don't want to understand or adapt. Maybe that's not the case with all of them, but I would imagine it is for many (especially the ones who are sexually assaulting women).

There are other countries in the world with cultures much more similar to that of these migrants' countries (presumably Syria and maybe Iraq). Think about it: Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia.... Why aren't the migrants fleeing to these countries, and why aren't these countries stepping up to aid like Europe has?
Because they do. Jordan is pretty much 25% refugees. Those countries are at their limit already, and Europe promises wealth and safety. And that drives refugees into the hands of traffickers.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Maverick

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 12:18:29 pm »
Because they do. Jordan is pretty much 25% refugees. Those countries are at their limit already, and Europe promises wealth and safety. And that drives refugees into the hands of traffickers.

I didn't realize that Jordan and Lebanon are pretty much maxed, so I'll give you that. And yet big ol' Saudi Arabia and the rich oil countries on the Arabian peninsula won't take any: http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/09/05/gulf-states-refuse-to-take-a-single-syrian-refugee-say-doing-so-exposes-them-to-risk-of-terrorism/

Offline Kyle

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2016, 08:17:59 am »

I didn't realize that Jordan and Lebanon are pretty much maxed, so I'll give you that. And yet big ol' Saudi Arabia and the rich oil countries on the Arabian peninsula won't take any: http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/09/05/gulf-states-refuse-to-take-a-single-syrian-refugee-say-doing-so-exposes-them-to-risk-of-terrorism/

Was anyone really expecting Saudi Arabia to take any humanitarian action?

Maverick

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2016, 09:24:17 pm »
Was anyone really expecting Saudi Arabia to take any humanitarian action?

One would think they might for fellow Muslims. They certainly have the resources and the space.

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
Members of 111-year-old German naturist club have been banned from skinny dipping in lake in case they offend residents of new refugee centre
  • Nudists have voiced concerns over proposals to build a refugee shelter
  • £1.2million building will overlook their beloved colony in eastern Germany
  • Now told they cannot skinny dip in lake when shelter opens next month
  • Germany has encountered a number of shocking migrant related incidents in recent months

Nudists in Germany have been told to cover up when a refugee shelter overlooking their beloved colony opens next month.
The 400 members of the Familiensport-und FKK-Bund Waldteichfreunde Moritzburg nudist group have been told they will not be able to skinny dip in the lake that will separate them from the prying eyes of residents in the new £1.2million facility.
They claim their nudist way of life is being threatened by officials not wanting to offend the migrants.

They have also cited the number of shocking migrant related incidents in recent months.
'I don't know whether it is wise to set up the asylum home here,' said Petra Hoffman, 70-year-old club treasurer.
'Many members are worried about camping out on our land in summer with the home across the water. Now they say we can no longer swim nude and have sent the instructions to us in many languages on a laminated board.'
http://www.waldteichfreunde.eu/en/

The all-male facility will house 112 asylum seekers on the pond at Radebury. 
Around 400 members of the naturist club are determined to continue swimming naked.
Mrs Hoffman added: 'We refuse to disengage from it. On our site we alone determine what we do and do not do.' 
A local authority spokesman said: 'We need the home. There is no other alternative.' 
He said the bathing rules were actually in place before the asylum home was planned but are now being enforced to prevent any potential incidents.
But the nudists will still be allowed to walk around their club area naked.
They insist the accommodation will not be used in summer months, when most nudists attend the retreat. 
He also said a large privacy screen would be erected to help further put the nudists at ease.
Read more:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3652027/Members-111-year-old-German-naturist-club-banned-skinny-dipping-lake-case-offend-residents-new-refugee-centre.html#ixzz4CJHQrs8G
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline NudieDaniel

• Transport nerd, Natureboy Kiwi
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • The control room
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2016, 11:31:33 pm »
I'd just searched for another source for this and can't find one and the Daily Mail alone is not a good source they've taken a very hostile position to the refugee situation and will find anything no matter how tedious to prove their point. Until I can find other sources other the Daily Mail and right wing sites I'm going to remain sceptical.         
I'm everywhere and nowhere

Maverick

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2016, 02:28:25 pm »
@NudieDaniel Here is the same story at The Telegraph: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/21/row-over-refugee-shelter-in-germany-as-nudists-are-told-to-cover/

A planned refugee shelter in Germany has provoked a storm of protest — over fears it could interfere with the pursuit of nudism.

The influx of more than 1m migrants has already divided Germany. But the latest row casts it as a threat to the very heart of German culture: the right to walk around in public in the nude.

Nudists at a club near the historic town of Meissen were incensed when they received new rules from the local authority suggesting they would not be allowed to swim naked in the local lake where they have been skinny-dipping for over a century.

The reason is a new refugee shelter being built on the other side of the lake to house 112 asylum-seekers. When the nudists first heard of the shelter, they requested a privacy screen from the local council.

Instead they received a set of notices in multiple languages, including Arabic, Farsi and Albanian, explaining German swimming etiquette for the benefit of asylum-seekers.

But to the horror of the nudists, rule number 9 clearly states “The use of the swimming facilities is only permitted with a swimming costume”.

The nudists saw that as an affront to the treasured German tradition of Freikörperkultur, or “free body culture”.

“We’ve been naked on this ground since 1905,” Petra Hoffmann, the treasurer of the club, which has around 400 members, told Bild newspaper.

“We refuse to display these rules. On our site we decide what goes.”

The German Swimming Society said the row was the result of a mix-up, and the local council had sent out a standard set of rules it prepared for public swimming pools.

“Rule 9 of our regulations is clearly not suitable for nudist bathing areas,” Joachim Heuser, a spokesman for the Swimming Society, said.

Local authorities have said they understand the nudists’ concerns but there was no other location available for the refugee shelter.

“We need the shelter. There is no other central facility for asylum-seekers in the entire county,” Helena Musal, a spokesman for the council, said.

I think the question is, "How much tolerance will we tolerate?"

Offline tkh

• I hope to get in contact with other young naturists
  • Nude with Towel
  • Hope to get in contact with other young naturists.
German AfD wants to support Germany's nudists and naturists
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2016, 02:02:16 pm »
I do not know if you have read the articles about the german party AfD - Alternative für Deutschland (Alternative for Germany), a german right-wing-party, which told us the fact that the party is trying to support the german "FKKler".
I found it in english: https://www.rt.com/news/345984-nudist-colony-refugees-germany/

The article tells about the fact, that the German BUND (= German government) and the responsible offices wanted to create a refugee camp near the "nude area". So obvously our collegues ask the corresponding office (Landkreis) to create a screening fence. For saving money (and/or other reasons) the office decided not to create the fence but instead they installed signs, which asked (also in arabic, persian and albanian language) to use the beach only wearing at least beachwear. As the nudists protested against this, the corresponding office, later, decided to undo the signs and to install the screen fence. At this point the AfD decided to interfere. At the saxonian Landtag (federal state parliament) they protested against the signs and wanted the government to install the fence (which's install obviously has just been assured to our collegues). The AfD said that the acception of the signs (means the rules written on them) would be another proof of the obsequiousness concerning foreign cultures by the german politicians.
It has just happen before, and maybe some of you have just experience with it, that the refuggees got to the nudist beachs and looked and photographed (unasked) naked people. So the german government and the corresponding offices decided to let observe (directly, not via surveilance cameras) the nudist areas by police officers and the DLRG (and simular organisations).
This now has been an argument by the AfD (if I understood the Stern-Article correctly).

What is your meaning about this?
Naturism and being naked are a human`s rights and a human`s nature.

Offline nick79hb

• Manuel aus Bremen
  • Read-Only
  • Nude with Towel
Re: German AfD wants to support Germany's nudists and naturists
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2016, 03:47:44 pm »
can´t believe that  :laugh:
Bin aus Bremen und freu` mich auf Bekanntschaften.
Freizeitbeschäftigungen sind Kino, Urlaub, mit Freunden was trinken gehen und Spor