Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Warcraft (Spoiler free)  (Read 1037 times)

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 2
Warcraft (Spoiler free)
« on: June 18, 2016, 04:05:19 am »
What a unique movie this was and one that I personally really enjoyed seeing. The movie, for me, started off pretty slow. But we're building up story here. Revising the lore, telling a tell that only people that read the books and that have memorized the cinematics will really understand. There isn't a lot of action, but there doesn't really need to be.

I honestly don't really have much to say about this. Critics have been bashing it like crazy. I think what they don't fully understand is that the movie is for the players. Would be like showing an X-Man movie to my Grandma. She wouldn't understand nor care to do so. Just nothing she has ever been interested in and will never be. No, you have to be a fan of Warcraft, WoW, or the fantasy theme to really enjoy this movie and to get the lore and references built into it. It only got 29% on the Rotten Tomatoes score. 32% for Metacritic.

It's box office was 171.7 million with a budget of 160 million. I'm really worried about this. That's a flop for the big wigs in Hollywood. The largest chunk of that came from China where it got 156 million. America we only gave it 24 million. This is barely over budget so it could have the people that make it afraid to venture forward with anymore, which is what it will need to fully tell the story and to bring it all out. Or even worse, an overseas only release. Or, to compliment both, a lower budget film which would take the glamour away from it.

So whatever you do, don't let the critics really turn your head away from this but remember you probably need to be a gamer and have an idea of Warcraft before you see this.
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

Offline David B

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Warcraft (Spoiler free)
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 04:09:30 am »
I saw it and I really enjoyed it. Liked that they added bits that people would geek out if they played the games