Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: 24 Hours of Le Mans  (Read 1934 times)

Maverick

24 Hours of Le Mans
« on: June 19, 2016, 12:19:18 am »
Any other Le Mans fans on this forum? I first really got into it when my dad showed me the Steve McQueen film Le Mans as a kid and we've been casually keeping up with it ever since. I'm really happy that Ford is competing again!

Natterpiller

Re: 24 Hours of Le Mans
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 09:03:07 am »
i'm a fan, it's a brilliant event, and the only sporting event that includes falling asleep as a key strategy :P

Maverick

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 07:14:14 pm »
i'm a fan, it's a brilliant event, and the only sporting event that includes falling asleep as a key strategy :P

Very true! Over here in the states I can watch the start at 8AM local time, watch the race most of Saturday, and then wake up Sunday morning to catch the end. That's kinda nice.

And what a finish this year!

Offline boris

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 11:41:36 am »
what a shame. i'm so sorry for toyota.

but it was good to see 2 teams fighting so close till the end.
deutschsprachiges (jugend)forum: board.fkk-web.com

Wombling Wurzel

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 07:42:33 pm »
I've been a fan since my teenage years.  I've seen it most of those years.  Still never been though.  I have made it through the whole event on a number of occassions.  If anyone wants to know a great series of books on the history of the event check out Quentin Spurring monumental work.  All we need is for Ferrari to enter a works team again in the LMP1 category.