Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Avatar  (Read 16754 times)

genxnaturist

« on: December 18, 2009, 12:58:15 pm »
HI All
I just saw the midnight showing of Avatar.  IT was pretty cool.  THe natives in Avitar,a re basicaly nude.  Only shown wearing skimpy loincloths.  CGI humaniods are very good.  Also though most time females were shown with neclace flower covering breasts, many times it wasnt covered up.

Sure not full nudity, but close, so kinda cool.

Just want to know what everyones thoughts are on this movie.
Just changed the spelling of the topic..
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 11:16:52 pm by randomer909 »

Stuart

Re: Avatar
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 01:07:15 pm »
I'll tell you tomorrow night!

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 01:33:28 pm »
I'll tell you tomorrow night!

Me too! A few of us are going this evening!
By the way, we are looking for a movie reviewer who will attend to this section by reviewing movies, uploading the photo promos and give a detailed personal review
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 02:31:33 pm by Danee »
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 02:23:12 pm »
Yeah I'll have to see Avatar. The Promo's look pretty cool.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 02:31:13 pm by Danee »

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 03:43:53 pm »
Just a little side-bar note.  This is cool! 

Sam Worthington Reveals His Semi-Nude Experience Making 'Avatar'

Sam Worthington said it took more than technology and stellar acting to make James Cameron's critically acclaimed "Avatar" - the movie required a little nudity and lots of blue paint.

"I had nothing on," Sam told Access Hollywood's Tony Potts Thursday night at the LA premiere of the film. "I had a loincloth on and they painted me blue, basically."

VIEW THE PHOTOS: Australian Bad Boy Sam Worthington

The Australian actor said he welcomed the semi-nude challenge - in fact it felt like most days in his life.

"I was thinking if this is how you make a big budget movie, then I'm mad enough to be a part of it," he continued. "I do that most times, doesn't matter if James Cameron wants me to do it. I do it most times. He had to struggle to put clothes on me today!"

from: http://movies.yahoo.com/news/usmovies.accesshollywood.com/sam-worthington-reveals-his-seminude-experience-making-avatar

randomer909

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 11:27:27 pm »
Im going to see it on Tuesday, twice! :786 Can't wait!!!

By the way, we are looking for a movie reviewer who will attend to this section by reviewing movies, uploading the photo promos and give a detailed personal review
On this matter, I applied for the job, but then had to withdraw as I felt I wouldn't see enough movies to keep it going at a good enough pace, but now I'm starting to go more and more, so I think I could do it now :). We'll discuss it further Danee
Just a little side-bar note.  This is cool! 

Sam Worthington Reveals His Semi-Nude Experience Making 'Avatar'

Sam Worthington said it took more than technology and stellar acting to make James Cameron's critically acclaimed "Avatar" - the movie required a little nudity and lots of blue paint.

"I had nothing on," Sam told Access Hollywood's Tony Potts Thursday night at the LA premiere of the film. "I had a loincloth on and they painted me blue, basically."

VIEW THE PHOTOS: Australian Bad Boy Sam Worthington

The Australian actor said he welcomed the semi-nude challenge - in fact it felt like most days in his life.

"I was thinking if this is how you make a big budget movie, then I'm mad enough to be a part of it," he continued. "I do that most times, doesn't matter if James Cameron wants me to do it. I do it most times. He had to struggle to put clothes on me today!"

from: http://movies.yahoo.com/news/usmovies.accesshollywood.com/sam-worthington-reveals-his-seminude-experience-making-avatar
That's really cool to know another celebrity is embracing casual nudity :)

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2009, 04:09:19 pm »
We went to Orlando last night.  Imax..3D....

All I can say is...UNBELIEVABLE!  If you can see it this way, do it!  You will see things you did not think possible.  James Cameron, you did it!   :2345 :2345 :2345 :234567

genxnaturist

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2009, 06:29:07 pm »
I wasnt able to see it imax 3d. To far away but did see it in 3d

after movie for fun i read both conservative and libral reviews and concluded crituques are stupid.

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2009, 07:12:50 pm »
after movie for fun i read both conservative and libral reviews and concluded crituques are stupid.

I find the concept of liberal and conservative reviews to be deeply disturbing. Does politics really have to monopolize everything and be a way of life?
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

Stuart

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2009, 12:49:48 am »
Wow. I can't remember the last time I was so impressed by a film. After Titanic, the critics lamented the demise of their well crafted albatross jokes. With Avatar, they'll be doing the same with their smurf jokes. Where do you start with a review of something this good?

The plot was better than I was expecting, with surprises and originality. The characterisation was excellent, you really felt for these people and wanted them to come through. But the themes within the film were the highlight for me. I have never seen such a film in harmony with nature as this one. Everything about the film seems interwoven with nature, with an intensity and passion only a pagan, or indeed a naturist, would ever set out to embrace. It leaves tree hugging at the door, and takes an intelligent and original view on the environment, with no traditional "tree-hugging", but with a genuine and honest affinity with all living things. Oh, and there's a horrifying 9/11 moment as well.

And as for the effects, you ain't seen anything like this before, ever. With not a single gimmicky "in your face" shot in the film, Cameron has brought 3D in adulthood, using it to immerse you in his environment. For the first time, the 3D is perfect, with not a blurry image or exaggerated perspective to make it seem odd. In one scene, burning embers engulf you to make you feel a part of the action, feeling very real and never gimmicky. Like all good effects, it compliments what the director wants to achieve, and is never the star itself.

I'd hate to be a director right now. The Peter Jacksons and JJ Abrahams of this world must be feeling very nervous, especially after the astounding final battle (which, I can openly admit, moved me to tears in one scene). An old master has returned to show these newcomers how its done.

See it. See it today. And see it in 3D!

Karla

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2009, 12:54:27 am »
Stuart.

Your avatar scares me.

Stuart

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2009, 12:58:20 am »
Stuart.

Your avatar scares me.

In that case, allow me to have an Avatar avatar. A meta-avatar, if you will.

randomer909

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2009, 01:05:11 am »
Stuart.

Your avatar scares me.

In that case, allow me to have an Avatar avatar. A meta-avatar, if you will.
Wouldn't it be class if some website could make a Nav'i Avatar that looks just like, with a photo

Someone make that now!

:345678

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2009, 03:41:47 am »
Wow. I can't remember the last time I was so impressed by a film. After Titanic, the critics lamented the demise of their well crafted albatross jokes. With Avatar, they'll be doing the same with their smurf jokes. Where do you start with a review of something this good?

The plot was better than I was expecting, with surprises and originality. The characterisation was excellent, you really felt for these people and wanted them to come through. But the themes within the film were the highlight for me. I have never seen such a film in harmony with nature as this one. Everything about the film seems interwoven with nature, with an intensity and passion only a pagan, or indeed a naturist, would ever set out to embrace. It leaves tree hugging at the door, and takes an intelligent and original view on the environment, with no traditional "tree-hugging", but with a genuine and honest affinity with all living things. Oh, and there's a horrifying 9/11 moment as well.

And as for the effects, you ain't seen anything like this before, ever. With not a single gimmicky "in your face" shot in the film, Cameron has brought 3D in adulthood, using it to immerse you in his environment. For the first time, the 3D is perfect, with not a blurry image or exaggerated perspective to make it seem odd. In one scene, burning embers engulf you to make you feel a part of the action, feeling very real and never gimmicky. Like all good effects, it compliments what the director wants to achieve, and is never the star itself.

I'd hate to be a director right now. The Peter Jacksons and JJ Abrahams of this world must be feeling very nervous, especially after the astounding final battle (which, I can openly admit, moved me to tears in one scene). An old master has returned to show these newcomers how its done.

See it. See it today. And see it in 3D!

And..see it in IMAX if you can. 

Adam will post his own review but here is one I read tonight.  5 stars.  5. 

http://www.empireonline.com/reviews/reviewcomplete.asp?FID=133552

Offline nudesurfer26

• Casually Dressed
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2009, 04:39:56 am »
I saw Avatar last night and this movie is phenomenal!!! Must see in 3-D!!! Great story and graphics!