Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Avatar  (Read 16771 times)

Offline Turtlejosh

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 5
Re: Avatar
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2009, 04:51:18 pm »
That was one of the best films ever. Perfect special effects, great story, great action and great actors.

I mean, giant robots and helicopters fighting giant lizards and panthers? What more could you want! It was good to finally see so much action in a sci fi, with less talking and more explosions. Did remind me of Star wars. And the imagination behind it was brilliant.

Although when the rhinos charged, I felt dissapointed by the music change. Didn't suit it at all I thought.

And 3d is awesome for it, altho the subtitles sometimes blurred

Offline Alex

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 14
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2009, 08:27:37 pm »
And 3d is awesome for it, altho the subtitles sometimes blurred

Try blurred, and in a language you can't read very well. Hooray for living overseas ^^
On an extended IYNO break... for now.

Offline Pitti

• Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 8
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2009, 10:27:53 pm »
I was just in the cinema avatar. Unbelievably beautiful and impressive film.  :63424
In my opinion, a modern fairy tale Pocahontas for adults.

Beautiful pictures and it shows how wars occur.
"If war is the answer, then we ask the wrong questions."
(Wenn Krieg die Antwort ist, dann stellen wir die falschen Fragen)

Susan G. Komen

Offline jeep

• Read-Only
  • Nude with Towel
  • Freedom is not obtained or kept unless faught for
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2010, 12:49:14 am »
Absolutely loved it as the guys also on YNAI would be able to vouch for by my posts there.

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2010, 03:32:52 am »
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

randomer909

« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2010, 11:31:51 pm »

Offline jeep

• Read-Only
  • Nude with Towel
  • Freedom is not obtained or kept unless faught for
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2010, 05:38:13 am »
Maybe i would have enjoyed Pocahontas too if they used Cameron's technology haha

Offline mars1692

• Guy Talk
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2010, 03:03:40 pm »
I saw the movie, and it was best movie I ever saw.  (It was amazing)  If Avatar do good (and it already did) James Cameron said there was going to be a sequel. :63424 :63424

Offline Alex

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2010, 03:05:50 pm »
I saw the movie, and it was best movie I ever saw.  (It was amazing)  If Avatar do good (and it already did) James Cameron said there was going to be a sequel. :63424 :63424

I think that would be a terrible shame though. It was a great film and it came at exactly the right time at the end of a pretty bad couple of years. But if there was a sequel, where would it go? It just wouldn't have the same impact as Avatar first did, and would probably have a crummy plot to go with...

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2010, 03:29:14 pm »

I think that would be a terrible shame though. It was a great film and it came at exactly the right time at the end of a pretty bad couple of years. But if there was a sequel, where would it go? It just wouldn't have the same impact as Avatar first did, and would probably have a crummy plot to go with...

Dont be so negative, Alex!  One never knows!   :4321
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline Turtlejosh

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2010, 04:43:29 pm »

Dont be so negative, Alex!  One never knows!   :4321

Especially since it will be done with a man who managed to handle a good sequel with Aliens. I'm sure he will pick a good plot.

Besides, I actually want a visual guide to the film. I am so modelling the plants, but I can't remember the smaller ones :(

Offline mars1692

• Guy Talk
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2010, 06:41:39 pm »

Well, what James Cameron said what he was going to do is that they follow Jake and Neytiri, so I am guessing it's going to be about the future of them.

Stuart

« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2010, 06:51:23 pm »
Especially since it will be done with a man who managed to handle a good sequel with Aliens. I'm sure he will pick a good plot.

And Terminator 2. He's got a better track record with sequels than anyone else.

Offline Alex

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2010, 10:36:35 pm »

And Terminator 2. He's got a better track record with sequels than anyone else.

All good points, and granted, Cameron is a great director. But you heard it here first guys, Avatar isn't a film where I think I'll look upon a sequel and go: "Wow, I'm really glad they made the second (third, forth depending on the size of the cash-cow) film". It just isn't right to make a sequel. The film was so multi-layered and was all about the clash of cultures and ideologies. How does it work when the humans are gone? The sad truth is that the next film will probably revolve around the humans returning for money/revenge/unobtanium/to retrieve the avatar technology for something else.

Call me a cynic, but that's how I see it going down.

Eric

« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2010, 12:58:16 am »
Just FYI, it's a planned trilogy. Given the success of this one, both sequels are pretty much assured.