Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Delicious irony  (Read 2394 times)

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
Delicious irony
« on: December 18, 2009, 10:31:59 pm »
The four main labels in Canada are getting sued for copyright infringement because they really hate paying artists and prefer to use their content for free. Unlike regular pirates, they make lots of money over it.

I love the irony of the situation.
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

Stuart

Re: Delicious irony
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 10:34:57 pm »
You want irony?

Rage Against the Machine's "Killing in the Name of" is in the running for the Christmas number 1 because of an internet campaign to beat the latest manufactured TV karaoke act to number 1. They were on the radio being interviewed before performing the song live. At the end where it goes "fuck you, I won't do what you tell me" they didn't hold back and got the line out four times before it was cut. The radio presenter apologised, saying they were told "not to do that".  :909

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 10:39:37 pm »
It reminds me when Nirvana was told not to play "Rape me" on TV. They chickened out and only played the first notes before switching to Lithium.
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

randomer909

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 11:10:39 pm »
You want irony?

Rage Against the Machine's "Killing in the Name of" is in the running for the Christmas number 1 because of an internet campaign to beat the latest manufactured TV karaoke act to number 1. They were on the radio being interviewed before performing the song live. At the end where it goes "fuck you, I won't do what you tell me" they didn't hold back and got the line out four times before it was cut. The radio presenter apologised, saying they were told "not to do that".  :909
I really hope Killing in the Name does get Christmas Number 1 just to slap Simon Cowell in the face :345678

Stuart

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 11:22:59 pm »
I really hope Killing in the Name does get Christmas Number 1 just to slap Simon Cowell in the face :345678

I really hope someone just slaps Simon Cowell in the face   :54

Offline Alex

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 14
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 07:47:06 pm »

They did it! Best Facebook campaign, ever.
On an extended IYNO break... for now.

randomer909

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 12:10:42 am »

They did it! Best Facebook campaign, ever.
w00p w00p! Go RATM!! :234567

There even so awesome as to give near all the money to charity and give the Uk a free gig! :786