Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Gardening  (Read 1638 times)

Offline Wilpear

• Casually Dressed
  • Referrals: 0
Gardening
« on: July 19, 2016, 05:43:47 pm »
I love gardening. It has always been in my life. Right now I am working for my neighbor who has an amazing garden. This year I started all my vegetables from seed. They are starting to produce. Also I am thinking of going into horticulture in college.

Austins087

Re: Gardening
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 08:11:22 pm »
Damn cool! I just planted some salvia and asparagus fern. Something cotton-like is growing on them...any ideas?

Offline Wilpear

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 08:17:23 pm »
What exactlydo u mean cotton like

Offline Wilpear

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 08:21:31 pm »
You could check with your local master gardeners. It is usually an extension through a state college. They will be much more help. Also for better yields from the asparagus wait a year after planting before you harvest any.

Austins087

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 08:56:09 pm »
Well...it's kind of white and fuzzy. I can take pics.

Offline Pyre

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 09:20:41 am »
White fuzzy mold, also known as powdery mildew, is caused by the airborne spores of fungus. The fungus spores generally attach to a young leaf where it is able to germinate and grow, quickly spreading to other parts of the plant and nearby plants. Both indoor and outdoor plants are susceptible to infection, especially in warm, humid areas.

It could also be mealybugs which commonly leave a white residue on a plant’s leaves that resembles cotton. You will find this residue mostly on the stems and leaves. This residue is either the egg sacs of the mealybugs or the pests themselves. You may also find that the plant has a sticky residue on it. This is honeydew and is secreted by the mealybugs. It can also attract ants. Mealybugs look like small, flat oval white spots on plant leaves. They are also fuzzy or powdery looking.

Google either one and they have several remedies or go to your local plant/gardening centre and ask for a pest/mold control. Good luck!
"Life's too short, play naked"