Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: I Went To A Nude Beach And Hated Every Minute Of It  (Read 8103 times)

rc

Re: I Went To A Nude Beach And Hated Every Minute Of It
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2016, 03:43:03 pm »
It's so sad that she hated the beach, I hope she can at least try and give the beach another shot if not maybe go to a local club, but what she wrote is a lot of what is stopping people from going to these beaches and clubs is the fact you will see people looking at you.

Offline Marzipan

• Nude without Towel
  • "Enthusiasm for life defeats existential fear."
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2016, 04:18:42 pm »
I am curious as to the venue that they went to.   I do think she over-reacted a little bit, reading her reactions to feelings she had.  A little research and networking with various legitimate Naturist non-landed groups would tell her the story of that beach, it's ambience etc.

I'm no geologist but I'm about 98% positive that this is Moshup beach on Martha's Vineyard. She mentions in the article about lobster rolls, and you can get them at the restaurant near the entrance of the beach. I've been doing research on it since will be there next week. Sadly I haven't found much about it that puts it into a positive light, but not necessarily negative either, uncomfortable seems to be the word. Here is another account that i found that is similar to the article, but from a guy's perspective https://paweekendfun.com/2014/10/02/clothing-optional-my-first-adult-visit-to-a-nude-beach/

-Mark from Pennsylvania

N.M.S.

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2016, 12:27:24 am »
It's a shame she didn't enjoy and understandably so but I'm glad she wasn't totally turned away from social nudity and is willing to try it again.

Offline sevves

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2016, 08:03:37 pm »
is it only me that shes reading a strange book, its like she has a "sex object" post it in her face aka "look at me, i want attention"...

Offline blank radar

• Teens Only Member
  • Naturist Superhero
  • he/him
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2021, 04:56:38 am »
I get both sides of the argument here, those being that (a) the problem wasn't really the nudity itself but the constant male gaze and societal attitudes and (b) some people just like wearing clothes better (gasp!). these aren't mutually exclusive. at least she came away from it with a positive message

Offline robbington

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2021, 07:13:16 am »
People saying that she overreacted are trash. The problem does not sit with her; it's with the people who are not making this space comfortable for all.

We do not get to invalidate someone's experience just because it was not our own.

Offline Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Nude when possible he/him
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2021, 01:53:03 pm »
People saying that she overreacted are trash. The problem does not sit with her; it's with the people who are not making this space comfortable for all.

We do not get to invalidate someone's experience just because it was not our own.

Yeah there is this myth that naturists are the most tolerant accepting people on the planet. Nope, we have people in our community who are intolerant, territorial and paranoid who treat new people like shit, form a barrier around them and rergard them with suspicion - at least for a while. In more extreme circumstances these people invent scandalous rumours about new people in an attempt to ensure permanent exclusion.

Riot.EXE

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2021, 05:29:38 pm »

Yeah there is this myth that naturists are the most tolerant accepting people on the planet. Nope, we have people in our community who are intolerant, territorial and paranoid who treat new people like shit, form a barrier around them and rergard them with suspicion - at least for a while. In more extreme circumstances these people invent scandalous rumours about new people in an attempt to ensure permanent exclusion.

The elitism in nudism just floors me because it's like... you're just not dressed. A lack of wardrobe doesn't magically make you some kind of enlightened. State of dress doesn't dictate personality. I mean, how fucking special is nudity when literally everyone on the planet has access to it simply by being a human being? Like I said before, many...MANY nudists need to pull their heads out of their asses. Nevermind that the concept of nudism should just die off, but hey...

Offline Kyle

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2021, 09:28:22 pm »

The elitism in nudism just floors me because it's like... you're just not dressed. A lack of wardrobe doesn't magically make you some kind of enlightened. State of dress doesn't dictate personality. I mean, how fucking special is nudity when literally everyone on the planet has access to it simply by being a human being? Like I said before, many...MANY nudists need to pull their heads out of their asses. Nevermind that the concept of nudism should just die off, but hey...
I think the sociology in this is illustrated best by this...

Offline mike345

• Guy Talk
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2021, 03:14:17 am »

Well said.

Offline skinnydipper2

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2021, 12:10:52 am »
I've taken non naturist women to a nude beach before and based on my experience, this is my conclusion.  In my opinion, a female's first public nude experience should probably be at a naturist resort and not a beach. Nude resorts have nude people that understand nude etiquette and would ease the minds of more self-conscious people. Unfortunately there are just too many creepy males around who have molded the minds of females into thinking they are an object for a males sexual desires. 

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • The one, The only (according to Google anyway!)
  • Referrals: 16
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2021, 07:28:25 pm »

And it's even worse when these afore-mentioned people are also leaders and organizers of nudist groups who patronize those venues. 

"How ridiculous society is! Why be given a body if you have to shut it away like a rare, rare fiddle?"

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • The one, The only (according to Google anyway!)
  • Referrals: 16
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2021, 07:34:26 pm »
I've taken non naturist women to a nude beach before and based on my experience, this is my conclusion.  In my opinion, a female's first public nude experience should probably be at a naturist resort and not a beach. Nude resorts have nude people that understand nude etiquette and would ease the minds of more self-conscious people. Unfortunately there are just too many creepy males around who have molded the minds of females into thinking they are an object for a males sexual desires.

I can turn your statement around to make it ring true too.  I've taken some non-naturist women to nude beaches and they had the time of their lives with no dramas.  Plus I have also taken some non-naturist women to a certain nudist venue that I had been going to for nearly 30 years and they hated it because they were given too much attention by some of the creepy guys there, which the venue management was too soft on.  One of my first ex-girlfriends used to accompany me to a swim club I took her to, generally she enjoyed herself but there was one time an older guy monopolized her time whilst I was talking to other friends or going to the toilet for a minute.  She told me later on about him and the next time I saw him I had a word to him that being over-friendly towards the women is the reason why a lot of women don't like social nudism. 

He got the message and never attended the club again. 
"How ridiculous society is! Why be given a body if you have to shut it away like a rare, rare fiddle?"

Offline iHateClothes

• BANNED
  • Nude without Towel
  • Banned for being a jerk to others
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2021, 11:12:04 pm »
Wow this sucks. I hate seeing people have bad experiences at a first time nudism attempt. Stupid idiots gotta ruin it for everyone.
Nudity is a human right.