Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: No Man's Sky  (Read 5934 times)

Offline mars1692

• Guy Talk
  • Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 0
No Man's Sky
« on: August 16, 2016, 12:56:40 am »
I'm quite surprise no one has been talking about No Man's Sky.  Who's planning it?

I pre-orded the game when it was release and have been playing it since Friday.  I currently have around 13 hours in it and it's amazing.  I highly recommend getting it if you are debating on getting it.

(And no, I haven't found any nudist aliens!)

Offline NaturalInNY

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
Re: No Man's Sky
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 08:55:00 pm »
Like I said in the other thread, I got exactly what I was expecting and am enjoying it. Early game was a bit of a slog but it is a survival/crafting game after all. I find picking up on the occasional bits of backstory and lore pretty fun. The game could use a little more polish but Hello Games are on it. So far I found one of the outposts running perpendicular to a hill so there's vegetation and such growing inside it where it's not supposed to. Oh, and another outpost underwater. Oddities like that are fun though.

Getting enough cash for a decent ship upgrade is brutal though. As for nudist aliens, I've run into cactus like tendrils that try to grab you and various other hazards. And then the need for constant life support. Not a great galaxy to go nude in.  :happy
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 09:08:35 pm by NaturalInNY »

Offline mars1692

• Guy Talk
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 11:11:53 pm »
I found getting cash is quite easy.  You just have to fine a planet which have mounds of gold and just mine them and sell the ore.  I also just found out the other day that you can fine gold in space but you need to look out for the space pirates! 

I would expect to see a lot of updates in the next couple months but over all, it's still quite fun to play and explore.

Offline cjpilotboy

• Christian Nudist
  • Retired Staff
  • Nude without Towel
  • Be natural, be comfortable ;)
  • Referrals: 37
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 03:05:13 pm »
I never ordered it and it just seems like a waste of money at this point. It took the role as destiny, promising the world, but delivered a small city that has like 3 houses and a post office/gas station combo... Just too many words from devs and nothing to back anything they say up.
Always seek Truth, dont let anything stop you.

Offline mars1692

• Guy Talk
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 12:59:34 pm »
I never ordered it and it just seems like a waste of money at this point. It took the role as destiny, promising the world, but delivered a small city that has like 3 houses and a post office/gas station combo... Just too many words from devs and nothing to back anything they say up.

After planning it for a while, it does become repetitive.  It's a good idea they had, but they sacrificed the quality for quantity.  It's fun going through space, but you repeat what you have previously been doing. 

Hopefully they give the game some major updates... 

Offline cjpilotboy

• Christian Nudist
  • Retired Staff
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2016, 05:14:10 pm »
So they just publicly came out with the tail between their legs. Apparently no one told Shawn Murray that what you say about the game becomes the advertisement for the game. http://www.no-mans-sky.com/2016/09/development-update/

After the updates come out I might look into getting it but so far they know they failed on defining exactly what they were selling and then they sold the moon without promising anything.

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2016, 08:01:41 pm »
This is also why I wait for price drops to buy any game. The reviews are all over the place and has a ton of bad ones. Basically the lack of personality in npcs and the repetiveness.

It'll stay on my wish list on steam, but I'll never get it till it goes on a 20 or less dollar special. Asking 60 bucks right out for the door for a survival game from an indie company is just ridiculous.
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

Offline cjpilotboy

• Christian Nudist
  • Retired Staff
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2016, 05:19:51 am »
Guys, can we talk about how this game is dead shortly after the launch. There has been no activity on HelloGame's twitter. Im concerned that other indie games will be affected by this release!

Offline NewNaturist

• Cananaturist
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2016, 03:47:06 am »
A lot of Indie Studios have been suffering.

Both Xbox and Playstation have their studios hard at work, Minecraft being expanded further, New Halo Wars, 3 New COD games, FIFA 17, The list goes on, and lots of popular titles as well, must be tough to be a developer...  :dontgetit
“I wish we were all naked all the time, ... I have always believed it is what's underneath that counts. If we were all forced to be naked, perhaps we would start to see that a little bit more. “
-Celine Dion (Canadian)

Offline cjpilotboy

• Christian Nudist
  • Retired Staff
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2016, 12:18:13 am »
So the foundation update just was announced. This is odd becuase the foundation of a thing is ushaly the first thing that you build. Hopefully what we see built on top of this foundation is worth a second look at the game.

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2016, 01:37:04 am »
I think their reputation as a game has been ruined too bad for them to make a comeback on this one. Might as well take that foundation and make a new game. On Steam they are down in the dumps as "Mostly Negative" and I've even taken it off of my wishlist.
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

aussieollie

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2016, 02:39:05 am »
I still want to give it a try - they need an IOS version.

nakeddrake

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2016, 05:24:07 pm »
Hope I am not necroing a thread here, or starting up an unpopular topic, but I was wondering what people think of the new update? I have not played it that much, but if more updates come down the line like this one, I will definitely be playing it more. For some though I can see how it is too little too late.

For me the hype never really caught up to me about the game, and I could explain that in more detail, but let's just say I feel Sony has the death touch lately.

Offline cjpilotboy

• Christian Nudist
  • Retired Staff
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2016, 08:52:59 pm »
Hope I am not necroing a thread here, or starting up an unpopular topic, but I was wondering what people think of the new update? I have not played it that much, but if more updates come down the line like this one, I will definitely be playing it more. For some though I can see how it is too little too late.

For me the hype never really caught up to me about the game, and I could explain that in more detail, but let's just say I feel Sony has the death touch lately.

I feel like this update is overdue and the content it added were indeed fundamental to any sucess this game was to ever obtain. Personally I find this lack of content disturbing and that the secrecy of all the updates that are to come is a little unnerving. Not showing any transparency is something that Sony is mostlikely forcing on them due to the idea that any communication is seen as confirmation on continued content and work. Shawn Murray singlehandedly created this mess and I think the lack of information is a direct consequence of his big mouth. Not to be super bashful or anything of the sort, but I truly feel bad for the dev team who are being subjugated to this. It almost feels like some of the drama we get from the Japanese game developers.

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2016, 09:33:15 pm »
WatchMojo said it best as No Man's Sky for #1 spot.

@nakeddrake As far as necroing an old thread, never have any worries there. As long as you continue the discussion and add in sight to it, there is never a problem with reviving a thread. Saying congrats to someone for something that happened years ago or responding to only one person that hasn't been active for a long time wouldn't be contributing. But, certain discussions never fully die anyways. And better then having multiple threads of the same thing.