Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Suicide Squad  (Read 3675 times)

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 2
Suicide Squad
« on: August 16, 2016, 03:15:39 am »
Let me make this clear before I start. I LOVE comic book stories, DC and Marvel, and have been a fan of it all since I was a little kid. Moving on!

Oh what excitement I had to go see this movie. My friend had been sick the past week and he was finally feeling better. See, I don't personally like going to the movies alone seeing as you really have non one to talk about it with afterwards. I got my tickets yesterday evening for the 3D version. Arrived a little early. Theater was empty save for a few people sitting up at the back...usual for a movie that's been out for a week or two and on a Sunday night. Had my small popcorn and large coke in hand. I only watched a handful of trailers before seeing the movie so that I didn't spoil it for myself. I didn't read any reviews. Didn't take a look at the box office. Ignored what anyone else had to say about it...maybe I should had done my own research.

The movie started out halfway decent. Was an early greeting to our anti-hero's, and overall the characters were portrayed well and played out by pretty good actors. They stuck very true to their comic book appearences, so gotta like it for that. Having Will Smith in there I thought would had been pretty good. Boy was I wrong. The movie was felt like it was rushed (even though it had been pushed back at one point) to where we got a steaming pile of....flowers. Yah, flowers. It was almost painful sitting through the 2 hours worth of this film

Now, after seeing the movie and further doing a bit more research, I found out some interesting things. Apparently there were 2 original scripts which were supposedly all around better. But the executives tried to edit it all together because freaking out over the loss they had with Batman v Superman. (Didn't save it) Furthermore, I believe, personally, that the movie would had been 10 times better had it a R rating vs the PG-13. It seems like a lot of these superhero movies like this still cater to the little kids...and not the adults that can actually understand what is going on and relate. Last little kid super hero tv show that I remember seeing was The Hulk and his friends or something similar to that.

So, with all that being said...if you can ignore the mess, it honestly isn't "that bad" of a movie, but it could be WAY better. I give it a 5 because I'm feeling generous. Like I said, the actors portrayals of the characters were great, but the script is what killed it all. Maybe WB will figure out what's going on before they release Wonder Woman and eventually Justice League.

Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

Offline Pyre

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Suicide Squad
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 04:16:03 am »
In my opinion, what DC are getting wrong in both BvS and Suicide Squad compared to what Marvel are doing, is that there are too many scenes and not enough moments. In the Marvel films, there are a lot of interpersonal moments between all of the characters that establish a relationship both between the characters and the audience, which allows the audience to empathise, engage and interact. DC on the other hand are relying heavily on scenes to drive the films which leaves the audience disconnected and ultimately bored. Couple that with the fact that in both BvS and Suicide Squad, they are massively trying to catch up, with the result that in both films, there is too much going on and the films lose focus. I just about got through BvS but I was actually bored watching Suicide Squad!
"Life's too short, play naked"

Offline nudeguy

• Guy Talk
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 10:51:30 am »
I love superhero, sci fi films etc...but I felt that Suicide Squad was a bad Ghostbusters remake. They should have asked Ryan Reynolds for help!

N.M.S.

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 12:29:12 am »
Still haven't seen it though I'm a little iffy about seeing it now. My friends who have seen either seemed to have loved it or hated it. Thank you for giving a bit more detail on it though.

Offline Craig

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 02:32:00 am »
I am curious to see it as some of the filming went right by where I lived, but it just doesn't seem like that great of a movie for some reason.

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 06:40:06 pm »
I just saw the movie and I feel the same way that there is much missing - there was a great opportunity here, but they didn't get the most of it.

Offline Zephyr

• Gallifrey Stands
  • Teens Only Member
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 06:20:32 am »
I liked the design of Harley though.

Offline aidenwrestling

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 08:29:05 pm »
i thought it was really good. i dont read the comics or anything and i dont know a ton about DC but i think this was the best one theyve done yet. not counting the dark knight trilogy.

PrinceOfNaturism

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2016, 11:16:44 pm »
I enjoyed it. Deadshot, Harley, and El Diablo were the favorite parts.

Offline aidenwrestling

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2016, 01:36:51 pm »
ya i really liked those 3. i didn't like el diablo at first but i really liked when i saw his powers. that was awesome. i didn't even know who he was before. and i like harley a lot and liked deadshot too. hes really cool. harley was like just crazy but cool

I enjoyed it. Deadshot, Harley, and El Diablo were the favorite parts.

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2016, 08:24:05 am »
To be honest, I think Will Smith didn't really reach the level of 'dark' what Floyd Lawton is in the comics. He brought more light humor into the role.

Offline aidenwrestling

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2016, 08:54:55 pm »
is the comics pretty dark? deadshot kinda seemed like a good guy to me well cept that hes an assasin but its like he has a code

To be honest, I think Will Smith didn't really reach the level of 'dark' what Floyd Lawton is in the comics. He brought more light humor into the role.

Offline rockasocka1992

• Shouting it out loud
  • love being in nature outfit :)
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2016, 06:24:26 pm »
Allready bought clothing from the movie :D , love it  :azn:
hello , im a 27 year old guy from belgium , i enjoy nature and i love being naked because it lets me feel free :).

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2016, 09:05:13 am »
is the comics pretty dark? deadshot kinda seemed like a good guy to me well cept that hes an assasin but its like he has a code

Deadshot is on the top tier of Batman's enemies in the comics, and he appears on previous animated cartoons and of course he appears in the comic carrying the name Suicide Squad. What bothered me in the movie was that there was more Will Smith in the role than Deadshot. He has acted that same role on so many movies with different names, but I can't help the feeling that he was crammed into this one.

You can also check the movie 'Assault on Arkham'

« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 09:21:21 am by Northman »

Offline rockasocka1992

• Shouting it out loud
  • love being in nature outfit :)
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2016, 05:58:50 pm »

Deadshot is on the top tier of Batman's enemies in the comics, and he appears on previous animated cartoons and of course he appears in the comic carrying the name Suicide Squad. What bothered me in the movie was that there was more Will Smith in the role than Deadshot. He has acted that same role on so many movies with different names, but I can't help the feeling that he was crammed into this one.

You can also check the movie 'Assault on Arkham'

Saw this animated movie too , it was awesome  :cool:
hello , im a 27 year old guy from belgium , i enjoy nature and i love being naked because it lets me feel free :).