Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Creating a Naturist Theme Video Game  (Read 118638 times)

nakeddrake

Re: Creating a Naturist Theme Video Game
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2016, 06:11:21 pm »
Not sure if OP has moved on from this project, but a Naturist game sounds like a wonderful idea. If you are still interested in moving forward, I can offer myself as a programmer.

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2016, 08:58:24 pm »
I am still involved if your interested. I would love to have you on board.

nakeddrake

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2016, 11:37:47 pm »
I am still involved if your interested. I would love to have you on board.

Are you talking to OP, or me?  :huh:

I really like this idea, and don't want to see it die like others from lack of support. If you want me on, I'll join in!

Offline Wesley

• Administrator
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2016, 02:30:01 am »
Has there been any progress with this project since it started?
Got a question or need help with the forum? Shoot me a message :)

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2016, 03:11:06 am »
Too the both of you (last two posters), I would be thrilled to have you on board. So, first thing first. What is the core of the game (i.e. rewards, mechanics etc.)? What is within your capabilities? How would you monetize it? What seems to you to be the best way to move forward?

nakeddrake

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2016, 05:47:06 am »
I wouldn't know. If you want to do it just for fun, then you could really do anything, but if you want to make money from it, then we would have to pick a target audience, a platform that would allow nudity (so unofficial mobile stores for phones as an example.) It is also not a bad idea to pull inspiration from other games out there. The nudist Pokemon mod is popular. If you are looking for a Tycoon game, you could check out the Roller Coaster Tycoon series. We will have to have a list of ideas and explore each one more.

I program anything from assembly (Inter x86)(Yes, it is as painful as it sounds), C, C++, VB, BlitzMax, C#, Java, and a few other languages. I am also familiar with Win32, among other useful libraries. Also Monkey X is a translation language that can be compiled from an HTML5, Flash, Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS all the way up to PSP and XNA (XBOne). They also have community supported translators for Nintendo DS and PS4. Check out the game Crypt of the Necrodancer, it was made in Monkey X:

http://necrodancer.com/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crypt_of_the_NecroDancer
http://store.steampowered.com/app/247080/

Monkey X: http://www.monkey-x.com/

If we don't want to do a lot of heave lifting, we could do what Toby Fox when he made Undertale and use a game creation software, although we don't want to limit ourselves and pull a RTC: World.

There are many options, so really working everything out, then picking the language, art, ect. would be best. We should also accept input to see what people would like to see before making the first move. One game that stands out to me is Cruse-ship Tycoon. We could also do maybe a naturist island thing.. we need more opinions on this!

We want our work to better the game, not the other way around.

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2016, 06:02:08 am »
(Yes, it is as painful as it sounds)

For a brief moment there, the ameteur DOS Assembler wannabe in me died laughing. I might not have quite the inkling, but after attempting to learn HLA, I sympathize. Anywhoo... I was thinking of attempting to release it on steam and to do an in house demo to see if the actual gameplay, without any graphics, is fun in its own right. In essence, can you develop an algorithm that has some kind of building mechanic (ie a tycoon mechanic)? That is to say, can you draw up a basic sketch of the game? I am thinking something along the lines of assigning plots of land a monetary value as a value mechanic. Thoughts?

nakeddrake

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2016, 06:06:53 am »
Yea, doing it down and dirty would be a good way to quickly test out different ideas and see what sticks. Would we want to draw up a structured setup, or just build by idea. usually a DnD should only take a few hours to create each rendition, as it is the bare bones and is just a proof of concept for the actual build. What does everyone else think??

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2016, 08:18:11 am »
Yea, doing it down and dirty would be a good way to quickly test out different ideas and see what sticks. Would we want to draw up a structured setup, or just build by idea. usually a DnD should only take a few hours to create each rendition, as it is the bare bones and is just a proof of concept for the actual build. What does everyone else think??

Could you go into detail explaining the pros and cons to each (for those less savvy on jargon).

nakeddrake

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2016, 03:47:41 am »

Could you go into detail explaining the pros and cons to each (for those less savvy on jargon).

Down and dirty programming is like a rough sketch.. It's just a quick way of demonstrating a part of a much larger project. It is best used to learn about a mechanic by writing down its core parts before implementing it into the final product. DnD code should never end up in the final release, unless you are on a time limit (like if a problem happens, and you have only an hour to write something that fixes it,) or are in a competition (like the international competitions.) If you do need to use it in a project, remember to go back and rewrite it, or at least comment it.

Making renditions is just like coding it over and over and over again from scratch until you make something you deem suitable. (Ex, you may find that rewriting the code in some way will make it more versatile.)

A real life example would be if you work in a large company, you may be requested to write a program that detects damage caused by a specific type of malware on a list of file shares. This is something you want to write ASAP, so no commenting, creating projects, optimization, ect.. (NotePad++!!) just code as fast as you can until you have something that can get the data they need. You can gussy it up later.

People who can code something fast and that works are very valuable.

tinghou2004

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2016, 06:14:19 am »
Ever heard of the Extra Creditz youtube series? They talk about a ton of topics related to game design and creation - strongly recommend watching some of their stuff if you haven't already. :)

I'm not super familiar with coding for games, unfortunately (and also short on time these days anyway), or I'd jump in. I'd love to keep up with your progress though - gl hf! :D

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2017, 10:21:03 pm »
Anyone got any progress to report?

Offline Kyle

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2017, 12:06:12 am »
Anyone got any progress to report?
I've fiddled a bit with what I have. But I can't say I'm particularly invested since the interest in helping has been somewhat anemic.

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2017, 05:56:22 am »
Fair Enough, I appreciate the attempt.

Offline HeroShepherd

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2017, 08:11:09 pm »
Sometimes I conceptualize an MMORG with no rhyme or purpose. It hasn't been strictly nudist but it is accommodating.

I came up with an idea for a pendant that you can wear in place of armor you can have armor absorbs into it and you'll get the properties without having to wear anything else.

Also I wanted to build a class that's counterintuitive to most RPG's the martial artist class actually have the stats go down the more weight you have equipped to it.

Both could be good for a nudist player.