Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Creating a Naturist Theme Video Game  (Read 118736 times)

Offline carbon

• Guy Talk
  • Nude without Towel
  • Feeling Adequate.
  • Referrals: 2
Re: Creating a Naturist Theme Video Game
« Reply #75 on: August 06, 2018, 01:56:40 pm »
Thanks for the work so far. Any more news, thanks mate.

Life got me on shackles. Also, I'm at a point where actual game programming is needed, so I've got to mess around in Unity some more.

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2018, 09:18:40 pm »
Thanks for the work so far. Any more news, thanks mate.

Life got me on shackles. Also, I'm at a point where actual game programming is needed, so I've got to mess around in Unity some more.

Fair enough. Thanks for the update, and I hope everything works out for you mate.

Offline Mettis

• Be free, be nude!
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Become a part of nature
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2018, 06:51:59 am »
Sounds like a fun challenge. The extent to my skills in programming only goes far as to making platformers, so maybe i'll just make a naturist themed short platformer with a simple mechanic/gimmick.

I whipped up a simple sprite for both a male and female avatars. I'll get to animating it first, splitting it into sprite sheets so hopefully, i can throw them into an engine and quickly splice together a working prototype.

Cool  :like

At first, I had trouble with pairing nudity to the gameplay mechanic. There are tons of voyeuristic games out there and I don't want it to look like that at all.
:agree

My first idea was that with every completion of the levels, they are "rewarded" with a single article removed. This is the very definition of the stripping sort of game I wanted to vehemently avoid. So I am in agony trying to come up with a better idea. My most recent concept for the mechanic is that the avatar's clothes act like a rope and allows the player to solve puzzles. Skill level ramping involves removing a single article of clothing from what is available to the player until the player is fully nude.
Great idea!  :like
nΔa²t+u(r±e)³ = L(i)fe³ - Σ(cl²ot³h²es)

.: Mettis & Vous ! :.

Offline carbon

• Guy Talk
  • Nude without Towel
  • Feeling Adequate.
« Reply #78 on: December 23, 2018, 10:15:15 am »
Unity is too damn frustrating to work with as a designer with hardly a lick of knowledge in programming. Visual sort of guy needs GUI to churn out playable prototypes.

Luckily, the Steam winter sale is in full effect, so I took this opportunity to pick up RPG Maker MV and Aseprite for about $30. It's only been about 2 days but I'm starting to get a hang of the software. At the very least, adding custom tiles is a cinch, and making events are quite satisfying... Although at this point, it's hardly a game and more like a pixellated novel. To my defence, writing in the application is way too easy and satisfying.

As for the mechanic... It's pretty much your bog-standard indie RPG Maker JRPG stuff at the moment. I'm hoping to add more 'physical' elements as I did with my interactive zine, but that depends on how much I want to invest in this project, my patience, and technical limitations.

I think writing an overarching theme as the core concept of the game is the right way to go for a small interactive project. I'm currently obsessed with status and social hierarchy, so I'll explore in the game.

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #79 on: December 23, 2018, 12:04:20 pm »
Awesome. Thanks for the progress report (you are getting me hyped up). Keep in mind that having something that works, and looks good is more important than depth. If you join the discord we can chat about it if you are up for that.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 12:07:24 pm by Dogoegma »

Offline NaturalInNY

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #80 on: December 23, 2018, 01:40:39 pm »
That's awesome. The dev process is something that's always interested me. Are you still keeping the platformer/puzzle element or have you changed focus?

Offline carbon

• Guy Talk
  • Nude without Towel
  • Feeling Adequate.
« Reply #81 on: December 23, 2018, 03:49:24 pm »
That's awesome. The dev process is something that's always interested me. Are you still keeping the platformer/puzzle element or have you changed focus?

Since RPG Maker's main purpose is to deliver the quintessential JRPG experience, physics-based puzzle/platformer is kinda hard to implement. That said, LISA is a platformer made using RPG Maker, so I would think that the limitation in that regard is based on what plugins I can find/willing to buy.

Although I still want to develop the platformer, I've realized that I need to start with something smaller.

Offline NaturalInNY

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #82 on: December 23, 2018, 09:12:43 pm »
Understandable. Keep us updated. The theme you're going for sounds like an interesting one and I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Offline carbon

• Guy Talk
  • Nude without Towel
  • Feeling Adequate.
« Reply #83 on: December 26, 2018, 06:29:36 am »
2 days of work, I've churned out a set of adult female standing base sprites for the game. Inspired by the semi-realistic sprite proportions found in Long Gone Days. Next step, is to make animation frames. Sadly, I don't think the usual 3-frame animation will fly for taller sprites. I might actually have to go the Long Gone Days route and make a 5-frame animation (6, actually) so it'll be smoother. Just making sprites is such a hassle, I'm beginning to dread the prospect of creating a bunch of environmental tiles and doodads for the maps.

Concurrently, I want to start making male base sprites. Luckily, this will be much simpler since the extra legwork was done in the female sprites. Not only that, converting female elder and kid sprite would make this faster.

I've also made a few quest scenarios and made a rough story for the game. I've added a bunch of plugins just so I can flesh the game out to my vision. This includes grabbing a plugin for HUDs, 1:1 map screen capture, screen zoom, etc. I've really made a dent in learning about the ins and outs of the program, so I'm starting to wade into simple script territory.

I thought I'd make a simple game, but it's turning into some sort of a monster, again...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 06:31:35 am by carbon »

Offline carbon

• Guy Talk
  • Nude without Towel
  • Feeling Adequate.
« Reply #84 on: December 27, 2018, 05:06:04 am »
It's been a day. I've finished the front-facing walk cycle animation for the female sprites from yesterday. I made some changes with the elder sprite because that full arm swing motion looked too aggressive on the old lady. I've also tweaked the left-right sprite for the elder so hopefully, it'll look more normal. Oh, also, did I say it'll be 6 frames? It turns out 8 is needed. Oh, joy.

Although I did say I want to make the male models, that'll probably have to wait until I finished off the rest of the animations. If it takes a whole day to finish a single view animation set, it'll take at least 2 more days (left-right and back). Then, it'll probably take a single day to make the standing male sprites and the same amount of time (3 days) to make the animation frames. I wrote up some characters for the game, and it'll probably set in a medieval fantasy world (because it'll be easy to edit and modify default tiles that way).

As for the mechanics, it'll probably be an amalgamation of strategic, passive conquest for the overworld (Risk or Civ?) and dungeon crawler for combat (Mystery Dungeon), with a focus on improving a campsite (Animal Crossing). The only part I'm slightly worried about is the dungeon crawler. Everything else, I can simply stick in a plugin or rely on variables and switches. Oh well.

Offline NaturalInNY

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2019, 09:02:22 pm »
So I don't know who around here with a PS4 has been paying attention to Dreams. It's a sandbox game creation tool.

Also, there's a story mode:

I'm more intrigued by this game than anything that's come along in a while.

I do have an idea for a game with a naturist related theme. But I have to see what's allowed in terms of content, restrictions you can place on your own stuff, if cartoonish nudity would be allowed, things like that. Also would have to see the character models and how nude you can make them. I'm not talking explicit detail here, but something to match the humorous and light hearted tone I have in mind. I believe it allows you to invite people to test creations without publishing. So if anyone has the game here they could check it out once I have something done. Or maybe even collaborate if anyone's interested.

I have to see what kind of mechanics you can use but it seems like a very versatile engine from looking at what people have done already.

Early Access hits April 16. It gets you the full game at launch for no additional charge. But it's limited so I recommend signing up for details if this interests you.
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/campaigns/2019/dreams-creator-early-access/

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2019, 04:01:02 am »
I am about to have a game released to steam (if everything works out). I am working on submitting a naturist tycoon game to steam. (this is not a solicitation).

Offline Wesley

• Administrator
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2019, 03:07:25 pm »
I am about to have a game released to steam (if everything works out). I am working on submitting a naturist tycoon game to steam. (this is not a solicitation).

Cool! Do you have any screenshots to show us? I'm curious about your game :D @Dogoegma
Got a question or need help with the forum? Shoot me a message :)

Offline Rafa

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2019, 03:55:07 pm »

Wish you luck!
I think it's fine to advertise it here, if you want to...

Offline carbon

• Guy Talk
  • Nude without Towel
  • Feeling Adequate.
« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2019, 05:00:14 pm »

Keep us updated! Looking forward to seeing how it turned out!