Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Creating a Naturist Theme Video Game  (Read 90382 times)

Offline carbon

• Guy Talk
  • Nude without Towel
  • Feeling Adequate.
  • Referrals: 2
Re: Creating a Naturist Theme Video Game
« Reply #90 on: October 13, 2019, 05:00:14 pm »
I am about to have a game released to steam (if everything works out). I am working on submitting a naturist tycoon game to steam. (this is not a solicitation).

Keep us updated! Looking forward to seeing how it turned out!

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #91 on: October 27, 2019, 01:03:40 am »
It is a very (very) simple game that will probably be released for about $2. I have to first save up a hundred to submit to steam. The developer should be sending me a copy fairly soon.

Offline Wesley

• Bare Squad - Moderation Division
  • Nude without Towel
  • Waiting for spring... 🌼☀️
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2019, 04:46:11 pm »
I've published to Steam before and like the others here, am very very curious about your game! @Dogoegma definitely share it with us some more because we're all waiting to see this. Even if it won't be published yet, that means the game must be in a state where it would be exciting to see!

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2019, 08:13:28 am »
I've published to Steam before and like the others here, am very very curious about your game! @Dogoegma definitely share it with us some more because we're all waiting to see this. Even if it won't be published yet, that means the game must be in a state where it would be exciting to see!

I appreciate the enthusiasm, but the game was made on a budget. I will be uploading it to steam soon, but it will take some time. It is something very basic and experimental. I would like to raise funding with it, but I don’t know how successful that would be.

I just hope it won’t disappoint.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 09:37:53 am by Dogoegma »

Offline Wesley

• Bare Squad - Moderation Division
  • Nude without Towel
  • Waiting for spring... 🌼☀️
« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2019, 11:24:54 pm »

I appreciate the enthusiasm, but the game was made on a budget. I will be uploading it to steam soon, but it will take some time. It is something very basic and experimental. I would like to raise funding with it, but I don’t know how successful that would be.

If you're already announcing that you will throw it out on Steam, where it will be available for all of the world to see, I don't understand why you wouldn't want us, a closed community that will not think the theme of the game is controversial, to see it yet. Even if it's made on a budget or very basic, all ideas are worth sharing and can only be made better with collaboration.If you're still in the early stages and not yet ready to actually release it yet, definitely show us some of your progress as you go. If you're thinking about funding, showcasing what you've got is the #1 essential thing to do.

Any form to display naturism in a type of media won't disappoint anyone here. You'll be applauded for your efforts.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 11:26:52 pm by Wesley »

Offline joelwil20

• Casually Dressed
  • Vivo Victum Bonus- To live, live well
« Reply #95 on: November 17, 2019, 02:27:59 am »
I was just thinking of this today actually. I was thinking that a text based rpg like mob wars might be a good place to start.  Use that as a platform to raise money,  then hire more programmers to work on the nudist adventure games that require more graphics

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #96 on: November 17, 2019, 09:20:42 pm »

If you're already announcing that you will throw it out on Steam, where it will be available for all of the world to see, I don't understand why you wouldn't want us, a closed community that will not think the theme of the game is controversial, to see it yet. Even if it's made on a budget or very basic, all ideas are worth sharing and can only be made better with collaboration.If you're still in the early stages and not yet ready to actually release it yet, definitely show us some of your progress as you go. If you're thinking about funding, showcasing what you've got is the #1 essential thing to do.

Any form to display naturism in a type of media won't disappoint anyone here. You'll be applauded for your efforts.

I’ll upload it to the discord first then, I suppose.

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #97 on: November 18, 2019, 04:10:40 am »

I have uploaded a link to the discord to a sharable file in google drive. I was considering releasing it for $2.00 to try to get funding for better models and, for additional content.

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #98 on: November 18, 2019, 10:35:47 pm »
If you are interested, I would love to hear your feedback.

Offline carbon

• Guy Talk
  • Nude without Towel
  • Feeling Adequate.
« Reply #99 on: November 21, 2019, 06:09:07 am »

I just grabbed the game off of Discord and gave it a whirl.

It's a great start and has the potential to become a fantastic, polished product. It still feels very much like a prototype, so there are lots I'll say about it.

For UI/UX, I wish that the left and right-click was reversed. That is to say, right-click to pan and left-click to place items and select from the toolbar.

There's no real gameplay or challenges to overcome. It's less like a game and more like a digital toy right now. If the player's goal is to maximize profit, they would place a single tile of an object and simply spam the crap out of marketing (which is ironically realistic, lmao).

For the graphics, I don't feel like the graphic contributes much to the gameplay. If all the graphics were scrapped and the game was turned into a text-based simulation, it'll still do the job. At the moment, it feels like something akin to Oregon Trail, where the graphics are supplementary to whatever is happening under the hood. Which is fine if that's your intention, but in that case, I'd ditch the bird's eye view and have the sprites walking around profile view.

Overall, it's a good concept and would be a gem if it's got a steadier gameplay direction. If you ever need help with the graphic elements or sprites, my offer still stands in providing sprites, etc.

Anyway, good luck with the game!

Offline deepcreeknaturist85

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #100 on: November 22, 2019, 07:21:33 pm »
This sounds amazing and I would love to play!

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #101 on: November 25, 2019, 06:38:59 am »

I just grabbed the game off of Discord and gave it a whirl.

It's a great start and has the potential to become a fantastic, polished product. It still feels very much like a prototype, so there are lots I'll say about it.

For UI/UX, I wish that the left and right-click was reversed. That is to say, right-click to pan and left-click to place items and select from the toolbar.

There's no real gameplay or challenges to overcome. It's less like a game and more like a digital toy right now. If the player's goal is to maximize profit, they would place a single tile of an object and simply spam the crap out of marketing (which is ironically realistic, lmao).

For the graphics, I don't feel like the graphic contributes much to the gameplay. If all the graphics were scrapped and the game was turned into a text-based simulation, it'll still do the job. At the moment, it feels like something akin to Oregon Trail, where the graphics are supplementary to whatever is happening under the hood. Which is fine if that's your intention, but in that case, I'd ditch the bird's eye view and have the sprites walking around profile view.

Overall, it's a good concept and would be a gem if it's got a steadier gameplay direction. If you ever need help with the graphic elements or sprites, my offer still stands in providing sprites, etc.

Anyway, good luck with the game!

Would you be willing to do so? If I can get better sprites, I can possibly do more fundraising. Do you think I can still upload it to steam for two bucks? Any fundraising helps.

Offline carbon

• Guy Talk
  • Nude without Towel
  • Feeling Adequate.
« Reply #102 on: November 26, 2019, 01:53:02 am »
Would you be willing to do so? If I can get better sprites, I can possibly do more fundraising. Do you think I can still upload it to steam for two bucks? Any fundraising helps.

I've got no experience in putting games on a marketplace, but I feel that it'll be harder to sell the game down the road if the first impression was bad. As stated earlier, I think the game is still in the early prototype stage and not quite fit to be released, even for early access. I would avoid that option and keep working on it until it's at a level where people get excited about it.

I'm fine with supplying sprites, but that alone won't drive sales.