Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Creating a Naturist Theme Video Game  (Read 118609 times)

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 4
Re: Creating a Naturist Theme Video Game
« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2019, 01:03:40 am »
It is a very (very) simple game that will probably be released for about $2. I have to first save up a hundred to submit to steam. The developer should be sending me a copy fairly soon.

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #91 on: November 18, 2019, 04:10:40 am »
I have uploaded a link to the discord to a sharable file in google drive. I was considering releasing it for $2.00 to try to get funding for better models and, for additional content.

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #92 on: November 18, 2019, 10:35:47 pm »
If you are interested, I would love to hear your feedback.

Offline carbon

• Guy Talk
  • Nude without Towel
  • Feeling Adequate.
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2019, 06:09:07 am »

I just grabbed the game off of Discord and gave it a whirl.

It's a great start and has the potential to become a fantastic, polished product. It still feels very much like a prototype, so there are lots I'll say about it.

For UI/UX, I wish that the left and right-click was reversed. That is to say, right-click to pan and left-click to place items and select from the toolbar.

There's no real gameplay or challenges to overcome. It's less like a game and more like a digital toy right now. If the player's goal is to maximize profit, they would place a single tile of an object and simply spam the crap out of marketing (which is ironically realistic, lmao).

For the graphics, I don't feel like the graphic contributes much to the gameplay. If all the graphics were scrapped and the game was turned into a text-based simulation, it'll still do the job. At the moment, it feels like something akin to Oregon Trail, where the graphics are supplementary to whatever is happening under the hood. Which is fine if that's your intention, but in that case, I'd ditch the bird's eye view and have the sprites walking around profile view.

Overall, it's a good concept and would be a gem if it's got a steadier gameplay direction. If you ever need help with the graphic elements or sprites, my offer still stands in providing sprites, etc.

Anyway, good luck with the game!

Offline deepcreeknaturist85

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #94 on: November 22, 2019, 07:21:33 pm »
This sounds amazing and I would love to play!

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #95 on: November 25, 2019, 06:38:59 am »

I just grabbed the game off of Discord and gave it a whirl.

It's a great start and has the potential to become a fantastic, polished product. It still feels very much like a prototype, so there are lots I'll say about it.

For UI/UX, I wish that the left and right-click was reversed. That is to say, right-click to pan and left-click to place items and select from the toolbar.

There's no real gameplay or challenges to overcome. It's less like a game and more like a digital toy right now. If the player's goal is to maximize profit, they would place a single tile of an object and simply spam the crap out of marketing (which is ironically realistic, lmao).

For the graphics, I don't feel like the graphic contributes much to the gameplay. If all the graphics were scrapped and the game was turned into a text-based simulation, it'll still do the job. At the moment, it feels like something akin to Oregon Trail, where the graphics are supplementary to whatever is happening under the hood. Which is fine if that's your intention, but in that case, I'd ditch the bird's eye view and have the sprites walking around profile view.

Overall, it's a good concept and would be a gem if it's got a steadier gameplay direction. If you ever need help with the graphic elements or sprites, my offer still stands in providing sprites, etc.

Anyway, good luck with the game!

Would you be willing to do so? If I can get better sprites, I can possibly do more fundraising. Do you think I can still upload it to steam for two bucks? Any fundraising helps.

Offline carbon

• Guy Talk
  • Nude without Towel
  • Feeling Adequate.
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2019, 01:53:02 am »
Would you be willing to do so? If I can get better sprites, I can possibly do more fundraising. Do you think I can still upload it to steam for two bucks? Any fundraising helps.

I've got no experience in putting games on a marketplace, but I feel that it'll be harder to sell the game down the road if the first impression was bad. As stated earlier, I think the game is still in the early prototype stage and not quite fit to be released, even for early access. I would avoid that option and keep working on it until it's at a level where people get excited about it.

I'm fine with supplying sprites, but that alone won't drive sales.