Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Creating a Naturist Theme Video Game  (Read 118754 times)

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 4
Re: Creating a Naturist Theme Video Game
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2017, 06:34:48 am »
You have my blessing, if that matters much.

Offline Brendarella

• -= Brendarella =-
  • Read-Only
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Ask me anything.
  • Referrals: 0
    • Brendarella
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2017, 07:04:26 am »
Maybe you should consider developing one of the old-school style text adventure games? There are plenty of free, top quality authoring systems available for this type of game.  You could have something up and running in a much shorter time.   There won't be any pictures, but text descriptions can sometimes be more interesting!   And multi user is built-in from the start.

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2017, 04:53:58 pm »
That might work, but sadly I am going to be swamped pretty soon. If we could get some organizing group going that might work.

Offline Octavia

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • She/Her
  • Referrals: 3
    • Revolutionary Nudism
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2017, 08:12:25 am »
I'm not especially talented with code or art or anything like that, but I could probably help out if it were a text game. I know a couple of sites where you can make games like that for free, although that might not be what you're looking for since it's hosted there too.

Offline Brendarella

• -= Brendarella =-
  • Read-Only
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Ask me anything.
    • Brendarella
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2017, 09:48:03 am »
What would you need from us to get started?  We already have a basic plot outline in this thread.

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2017, 11:09:34 am »
We would need, someone to actually program the game, someone to write the content, someone to design the mechanics (I could take a stab at this), someone to work on sounds, and eventually someone to work on graphics (if we can migrate to it, that would be neat). Finally, we will need someone to market it. Is there anything else that I might have missed?

Offline Brendarella

• -= Brendarella =-
  • Read-Only
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Ask me anything.
    • Brendarella
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2017, 01:03:13 pm »
@Dogoegma
I don't believe we have the resources to create and market a graphical video game.

The closest thing to this we could ever achieve would be a text adventure style game. Possible including pictures.

That would need:
  • A suitable plot and script and pictures
  • A game decision tree structure with suitable pathways depending on puzzles and solutions
  • Someone to write it
  • Someone to encode it in one of the free text adventure languages out there

That's a lot of work, I'm afraid. But not impossible.

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2017, 02:08:21 pm »
We could use a matrix to simulate a 'tycoon' text-based game. I can offer my limited ability for linear algebra (I flunked it once, but I managed to pass it last semester) to put together an algorithm that would allow us to create a 'sim'-like experience with text.

Offline Brendarella

• -= Brendarella =-
  • Read-Only
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Ask me anything.
    • Brendarella
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2017, 03:42:59 pm »
Even the most beautiful graphical games can’t match the boundless creativity of human imagination and that’s where text-based games still work best.

Here's some resources...

Build text adventure games and interactive fiction with
http://textadventures.co.uk/quest

..and this:
Twine is an open-source tool for telling interactive, nonlinear stories.
https://twinery.org/

and this:
ADRIFT - Adventure Development and Runner, Interactive Fiction Toolkit.
http://www.adrift.co/

and a classic...
Inform is a design system for interactive fiction based on natural language.
http://inform7.com/

There's also this:
Playfic, the online community that lets you write, remix, share, and play interactive text-based games with the world.
http://playfic.com/

tinghou2004

« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2017, 05:49:05 am »
So I took an hour or three to mess around with pygame this past weekend - it wasn't too hard to pick up and I made a super basic silly quick pixely thing:

The idea was that the different colored tiles could represent different terrain (grass/water/dirt) or buildings (office/cafe/etc) and I can add dots that represent people walking between them and eventually other mechanics and such. I don't expect any feedback right now since it's not really interesting yet - just wanted to say that I plan to start working on something. xD

That said, comments and ideas are appreciated since it'll be my first time ever working on a game. I'll probably keep working on it when I have free time. :)

Also feel free to stop me if anyone is already working on something - I don't mean to step on others' toes. >_>

Offline nudeguy

• Guy Talk
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2017, 08:22:58 am »
I don't code, but I could help brainstorm and finalise a story/plot, then create the decision tree. I can research too.

Offline shyguysays

• Press R for PRACTICE
  • Casually Dressed
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2017, 01:56:45 am »
Skimmed the thread, so forgive me for not being able to contribute to the nudist tycoon concept. However, if you're interested in making a nudist-themed offline RPG and don't want to make it from scratch, I think I can help a little.

If you wanna make an RPG, I've had some experience with RPG maker. (2k, 2003, and a tiny bit of XP). It's absurdly easy to create a simple RPG with that. Though I have no coding experience and have not tried out the more complicated mechanics of those programs, but I made a stupid RPG way back in high school and that was sorta playable lol.

Older games made with like rpgmaker 2000 and 2003 have problems working in fullscreen on newer computers (last I checked was Windows 7), though windowed it runs perfectly fine.

I really quick google image search yielded this nude sprite sheet:

It's meant to be edited with clothes/costumes, but nahhhh lol.

Just putting that template into the program, and in seconds you can play test it and the character can walk around any walkable maptile.

There is another program called Gamemaker that people love too, but I have no idea how to use that. You can of much more with gamemaker, but I think there is some programming involved. Just some suggestions!

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2017, 12:42:22 pm »
Please give it a shot. I am in DiffEQ and second year Japanese, so I got my hands full at the moment.

So I took an hour or three to mess around with pygame this past weekend - it wasn't too hard to pick up and I made a super basic silly quick pixely thing:

The idea was that the different colored tiles could represent different terrain (grass/water/dirt) or buildings (office/cafe/etc) and I can add dots that represent people walking between them and eventually other mechanics and such. I don't expect any feedback right now since it's not really interesting yet - just wanted to say that I plan to start working on something. xD

That said, comments and ideas are appreciated since it'll be my first time ever working on a game. I'll probably keep working on it when I have free time. :)

Also feel free to stop me if anyone is already working on something - I don't mean to step on others' toes. >_>

Offline Brendarella

• -= Brendarella =-
  • Read-Only
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Ask me anything.
    • Brendarella
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2017, 05:48:42 pm »
Do we need to download it?  Or can we play it online?

Offline carbon

• Guy Talk
  • Nude without Towel
  • Feeling Adequate.
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2018, 06:56:50 am »
Sounds like a fun challenge. The extent to my skills in programming only goes far as to making platformers, so maybe i'll just make a naturist themed short platformer with a simple mechanic/gimmick.

I whipped up a simple sprite for both a male and female avatars. I'll get to animating it first, splitting it into sprite sheets so hopefully, i can throw them into an engine and quickly splice together a working prototype.

At first, I had trouble with pairing nudity to the gameplay mechanic. There are tons of voyeuristic games out there and I don't want it to look like that at all. My first idea was that with every completion of the levels, they are "rewarded" with a single article removed. This is the very definition of the stripping sort of game I wanted to vehemently avoid. So I am in agony trying to come up with a better idea. My most recent concept for the mechanic is that the avatar's clothes act like a rope and allows the player to solve puzzles. Skill level ramping involves removing a single article of clothing from what is available to the player until the player is fully nude.

What I'm struggling with, is that how do I make it so that the time spent becoming proficient at the rope throwing mechanic isn't wasted at the last level, where the player is left with no clothes. At this point the game just becomes a simple puzzle-platformer.

I'd like some input. Would this have a potential to be an enjoyable game?