Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Nintendo Switch (Project NX) hype  (Read 4720 times)

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
Nintendo Switch (Project NX) hype
« on: October 23, 2016, 03:57:58 pm »
I have not followed the Nintendo NX rumors religiously. I am a big fan of Nintendo's games, sure, but I am not very fond of the closed platform that consoles are, so the last time I was enthusiastic about a home console was when Project Revolution / Wii was new.
Still, I have been looking at the Nintendo Switch announcement trailer, and it has piqued my curiosity. The Joy-Con concept is really interesting, and the whole thing has me wondering about the details. What does the bottom of the Switch look like? What kind of docking connector will it use, and can we connect chargers, USB devices and TV outputs straight to the tablet unit? What buttons do the individual Joy-Con halves have? How many can be paired to one device, four pais or four singles? How are they charged? How will local multiplayer work with one or several systems? What kind of non-gaming features can we expect? Questions over questions.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline Mark

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I am nerd, hear me mumble.
  • Referrals: 7
Re: Nintendo Switch (Project NX) hype
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 07:11:25 pm »
I'm not sure what to think about the Switch yet. Though I have a sneaking suspicion that the extra stuff they're adding to the Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon ports won't make the jump back to Wii U, and I'm shooting for a Cloud racing suit when his Amiibo is finally released.
Embrace your inner lunatic. Fun times guaranteed.

Offline NaturalInNY

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 07:22:39 pm »
I hope there's Wii U gamepad support. I know it was controversial and I hated the idea of the thing at first but it became very comfortable to use very quick and it's perfect for item management in Zelda games and such. I never even got the Pro controller after thinking it would be my preferred controller. I want to be able to get the Switch version of Breath of the Wild with what already appears to be much better performance/visuals while using the gamepad.

Plus I have the custom Zelda gamepad that came with the Wind Waker bundle so using it for a Zelda game just feels right.

Offline Longingtobenude

• Shouting it out loud
  • Hello:)
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 07:49:22 pm »
I haven't bought a Nintendo product since the N64.  If they make the switch backwards compatible with everything, I might buy it.  I read it won't take the cartridges or disks from the previous consoles but I'll be cool with a digital compatibility. 

The little slide off controllers look kinda cool for single player.  I bet they are really lame for multi though, that is probably just a gimmick. 

Offline Mark

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I am nerd, hear me mumble.
  • Referrals: 7
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 08:05:27 pm »
Yeah, multiplayer will probably offer Wiimote support.
Embrace your inner lunatic. Fun times guaranteed.

Offline Rockingnature

• Naturist from Mexico looking to meet nudists/naturists worldwide.
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Greetings from Mexico fellow nudies worldwide!
  • Referrals: 17
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2016, 09:07:59 pm »

I used to be a gamer, but lost interest since the era of the PS3 began. But I have to say that this new Nintendo system looks very interesting. Changing from a console to a portable game system is very eye catching and caught my attention. I also lost interest in Nintendo since the N64, and I used to be a die hard Nintendo fan but they lost me because I grew up and was getting more on the PS side of gaming. I don't know why but I'm hopping that this new Nintendo system will have that same approach of a Playstation, and not just kiddy focused games. What I do question about eh Nintendo switch is the comfort level of the controls. They look very big, so I do question the handling and gripping comfort level. But I can't wait for the release. I might get this new Nintendo.  :smiley:
"Art can never exist without naked beauty displayed." William Blake.

Offline Mark Eagle

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2016, 10:59:16 pm »
I like the Switch more than the Wii U so far, so I'm a bit hopeful that'll it'll receive more support. But there is still a lot to learn about it, and I feel like some of those things may very well have a significant impact on how successful the system is. Either way, I've always loved Nintendo and will probably be satisfied with it. Right now, I'm just excited for the new Legend of Zelda

Offline Zephyr

• Gallifrey Stands
  • Teens Only Member
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 05:09:58 am »
I'd like to see a Pokémon game on the Switch

Density

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2016, 01:59:39 pm »
not looking forward to it, Nintendo has failed me enough.  :afro:

tinghou2004

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2016, 03:17:38 pm »
I'm cautiously hyped - Nintendo still has my heart with a few of its series (like Pokemon), and I'm super interested in what game devs will do with this handheld-TV console hybrid. I can imagine some really cool ideas for games, but all these moving parts on the console are making me worry about how complicated/inaccessible the whole setup might become.

Offline doughboy312

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2016, 05:01:53 am »
I heard they are planning on creating a Pokemon Sun/Moon game for the Switch, which would be amazing IMO. Would also love to see another Pokken installment. I'm curious to see how it'll all play out after seeing the trailer. But, I also remember being a little hype for Wii U after all the hubbub of the Wii ... and then being disappointed with how the gamepad was kind of integrated in to games. It just became too cumbersome.

nakeddrake

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2016, 05:38:11 am »
Although it sounds good so far, I still would be cautious like @PikaPika said...

I'm cautiously hyped - Nintendo still has my heart with a few of its series (like Pokemon), and I'm super interested in what game devs will do with this handheld-TV console hybrid. I can imagine some really cool ideas for games, but all these moving parts on the console are making me worry about how complicated/inaccessible the whole setup might become.

I think if Nintendo wants to show they are able to make an 'appealing' console, they will have to show they can support big cross-platform series. This is what I am keeping my eye on.

Density

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2016, 07:51:59 am »
I think if Nintendo wants to show they are able to make an 'appealing' console, they will have to show they can support big cross-platform series. This is what I am keeping my eye on.

They always make appealing consoles along with innovation; they just lack games that are interesting and fresh. Every year there is a new Mario and Zelda which is old, outdated, and plays the same every time. It is very annoying and even though it is to appeal to new players who have never been exposed to them, their are games indie games that replicate this same formula but do it better.

In order to keep these two franchises alive for Nintendo, you have to make people miss them enough to want it come back. Take Metroid, you see it once every 3-4 years and it does good and sells. Even Star Fox (my favorite Nintendo franchise) does amazing in sales and you see that once every 5-6 years. The only thing they need to do is expand the story cause their is so much potential for it. But I digress, you have to bring in new material and let Miyamoto take a nap to think of something innovative for them.  :afro:

nakeddrake

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2016, 08:34:02 am »

They always make appealing consoles along with innovation; they just lack games that are interesting and fresh. Every year there is a new Mario and Zelda which is old, outdated, and plays the same every time. It is very annoying and even though it is to appeal to new players who have never been exposed to them, their are games indie games that replicate this same formula but do it better.

In order to keep these two franchises alive for Nintendo, you have to make people miss them enough to want it come back. Take Metroid, you see it once every 3-4 years and it does good and sells. Even Star Fox (my favorite Nintendo franchise) does amazing in sales and you see that once every 5-6 years. The only thing they need to do is expand the story cause their is so much potential for it. But I digress, you have to bring in new material and let Miyamoto take a nap to think of something innovative for them.  :afro:

Yea, I guess I chose the wrong words there.. but at the time I could not figure out how to describe it, but now I have a better idea. Every time I think Nintendo, I think of collectathon/simple games with bright flashy colors. I think of children, and feel the company has focus only on that, children. Yea, some games are fun to play, but it feels more nostalgic than groundbreaking. I hope they make a console and publish non-kid friendly games. Making them for all ages is alright, but they will have to pull a Miley Cyrus to win my respect.. I just doubt they will is all.

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2016, 12:09:42 pm »
More Pokémon and Super Mario is exactly what I am asking for from Nintendo. Doing the cross-platform titles well is not very high on my priority list - you can already get that experience elsewhere, particularly on PC. Well, Switch has the whole seamless portable/big screen switching going for it, but that is it.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.