Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: If you could eliminate one annoying about going to the movies, what would it be?  (Read 6012 times)

Offline RforFilm

• N Forum Veteran
  • Casually Dressed
  • Referrals: 0
As a guy who love to go to the movies, isn't it a shame when your experience is interrupted by some of the negative?

Watching the lastest Marvel movie or potential Oscar winning film in the theater is still an amazing experience that you simply can't duplicate at home. The act of going the movies is a social experience that seems to be trapped in a time when people are so determined to make the rest of the world as much of home as possible.

In the area that I live in, we have plenty of theaters to choose from (though I haven't been to the Alamo Drafthouse which has a STRICT no phone policy and I hear the theaters in Europe are better), but they eventually are faced with some of these annoyances. If you could which of the following would you completely eliminate?

For me, the crying baby would be my first choice. I was trying to watch Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children when a family brought their newborn to the theater where it wailed most of the movie. The parents walked back and forth through the aisles, but never left the theater. It was clearly pissing off the rest of the crowd, and they seemed to cheer when an user finally came in at the hour and fifteen minute mark to kick them out.

Got any theater horror stories? Which of the annoying traits would you get rid of?
“ Clothes therefore, must be the insignia of the superiority of man over all other animals, for surely there could be no other reason for wearing the hideous things” - Edgar Rice Burroughs

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
I would like the option for several but I dont find its teens who wont stop talking usually. 
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline Marzipan

• Nude without Towel
  • "Enthusiasm for life defeats existential fear."
All of the things!
-Mark from Pennsylvania

Offline NudistMetalHead

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
I voted other.  By "other" I would eliminate all other movie-goers when I'm there (or with someone who's company I'd rather have).
"Don't talk to strangers 'cause they're only there to do you harm"- Ronnie James Dio

Offline Longingtobenude

• Shouting it out loud
  • Hello:)
People texting or teens talking has never bothered me.  The only real thing that ever has is people who laser point around the room.  On the screen and what not. 

Offline Disisda1

• Read-Only
  • Nude with Towel
  • Just wearing my smile
Leave your damn electronics at home.  If I don't hear it, I can still see it.   :angry:

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
Wow, it feels like I have had it easy while going to the movies.

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 2
It's always the crying babies for me. They don't stop and I get the parents that refuse to take them out. That's just inconsiderate.

Also mainly why I go to the movies on Sunday night and never on premier night. Less people that way.
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

Offline Mark

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I am nerd, hear me mumble.
  • Referrals: 7
The ads. Stop showing me pretentious shots of one car after another while yelling at me, and give me the damn trailers and actual movie!
Embrace your inner lunatic. Fun times guaranteed.

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 2
The ads. Stop showing me pretentious shots of one car after another while yelling at me, and give me the damn trailers and actual movie!

Maybe it's a thing there? I see ads if you're there way before the movie starts. They need the filler I suppose. But once the trailers start, no more ads.
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

Offline raud

• just a beginner
  • Topless with bottoms
  • Hello! Hola! Aló! Halló!
I chose the Teenagers but struggle because People with phones was also a good contestant hehe

But maybe you could also include People eating loudly?

I mean, from time to time we all enjoy popcorn and soda while watching a movie and i don't mind if you go for candies... but in here people get nachos, crackers and all sorts of stuff that makes noise! The most ridiculous was when i noticed someone smuggling in a full roasted chicken... come on!!! :/

Offline newbie

• Female Chat
  • Nude with Towel
sorry about sounding like a bad old lady  :laugh:  but when people use their phones and the display is very bright - that's very disturbing.  once even had someone pick up a call during the movie  :sad:

Offline TheBestYoucan

• Nude with Towel
  • Floppy Happy Sunny Funny
I'd say phonecalls top the list...chatting... but the worst if bringing kids and not controlling them.

ALSO wtf is up with parents bringing their kids to R movies? I sat down to watch Logan and in walked a family with what must have been 8 year olds.  :confused
PM me anytime for a chat! :)

Offline Il_lore

• A human being
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
Having to wear clothes inside XD
There are a lot of advantages in being naked: no one will disagree on the colors you choose, you won't have spots on your shirt, the swimming suit won't leave a sign on your body and it will be easier to dry off after a bath.

Michael_P

I'd have to say the high prices at the concession stand are the worst. It's so expensive to take a family of four to a movie these days!