Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: If you could eliminate one annoying about going to the movies, what would it be?  (Read 6011 times)

Offline Brendarella

• -= Brendarella =-
  • Read-Only
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Ask me anything.
  • Referrals: 0
    • Brendarella
@Il_lore
There are naturist cinemas. They tend to be outdoor ones but they also tend to be in warm climates.

@newbie
I totally agree with you. It has to be the ubiquitous mobile phone. Cinemas often show a warning on the screen before the main feature starts, reminding people turn their mobile phones off, but they often miss it because they're on their phones!! ????

Offline Bobbert

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
In action movies it would be one person bare-hand punching another person who is wearing a helmet.  That would seriously do more damage to the bare hand than it would to the device MADE FOR MINIMIZING HEAD TRAUMA.

Offline Brendarella

• -= Brendarella =-
  • Read-Only
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Ask me anything.
    • Brendarella
Ok, if we're now taking about things on the screen that annoy us, I vote for those bombs that Hollywood always shows as having a big digital countdown timer on them.  They don't.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 12:25:39 am by Brendarella »

Offline Ємαиυєℓ™

• boppity boopy
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
People in general. I came to the conclusion that people are jerks when comes to movie theaters,from any age.

Bought a decent projector recently, got rid of the problem lol

I must admit that I have the "people" problem only in Italy, when I was in London I've never had any issue
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 08:39:13 am by Ємαиυєℓ™ »

Offline newbie

• Female Chat
  • Nude with Towel
@Il_lore
There are naturist cinemas. They tend to be outdoor ones but they also tend to be in warm climates.

@newbie
I totally agree with you. It has to be the ubiquitous mobile phone. Cinemas often show a warning on the screen before the main feature starts, reminding people turn their mobile phones off, but they often miss it because they're on their phones!! ????

yes, i find most people now at least put it on silent, but still they will text or check emails during the movie - and the screen it really glaring and distracting in the darkness.   :sad:

Offline Il_lore

• A human being
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
@Il_lore
not in Italy, afaik :(
There are a lot of advantages in being naked: no one will disagree on the colors you choose, you won't have spots on your shirt, the swimming suit won't leave a sign on your body and it will be easier to dry off after a bath.

Offline Brendarella

• -= Brendarella =-
  • Read-Only
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Ask me anything.
    • Brendarella
There's one in the South of France.

Offline jdweeb

• Casually Dressed
Definitely the high concession costs.  Our theater is run down but we pay the same prices as the big cities as the theater here is a franchise...

Offline Tree

• Nature Loving Flexitarian
  • Shouting it out loud
  • And we danced!
  • Referrals: 1
Assigned seating. Who came up with that idea anyway? It was so much better when you could sit wherever you wanted.
A secret's ever safely placed with honest folk and leal;
And secrets trusted unto me are in a locked-up house
Whose keys are lost and on whose door is set the Cadi's seal.
~ From the 1001 Arabian Nights

Offline cool110

• N Forum Veteran
  • Topless with bottoms
Assigned seating. Who came up with that idea anyway? It was so much better when you could sit wherever you wanted.

Have to disagree there, when you're in a group it's easier to find seats together looking at a screen. What does need to go is online booking fees.

thelvx

Others.

Offline Tree

• Nature Loving Flexitarian
  • Shouting it out loud
  • And we danced!
  • Referrals: 1
Have to disagree there, when you're in a group it's easier to find seats together looking at a screen. What does need to go is online booking fees.

Would you be willing to compromise? Could we have half the theatre for booked seats and half for sitting wherever you want?
A secret's ever safely placed with honest folk and leal;
And secrets trusted unto me are in a locked-up house
Whose keys are lost and on whose door is set the Cadi's seal.
~ From the 1001 Arabian Nights

Offline DaniSnow

• Guy Talk
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 2
I'd get rid of all the other ppl and stay there alone ????
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Offline Craig

• Nude with Towel
How are so many people picking crying babies? What movies are you going to where there are crying babies?

You should be nice to people with crying babies as your turn will come someday :)

Offline Shiden Kai San

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Free ballin'!
Just one thing?

Fine.

The one thing that bothers me more than anything are the noises that come from other movie goers.  Crying babies.  People that whisper or speak at volumes that could rival the SPL of a departing space shuttle.  People who fumble through their paper/foil treat bag for what seems like minutes at a f***ing time.  And then of course, there are the people who go to the movies while sick. 

I can deal with the price of seeing a movie. I also have no problems with ads, though I agree with Memer that I wish that the movie would start at the actual advertised time.  Heck, I even have a mild tolerance for phones.  But all the noise?  Look, the human brain struggles to process multiple stimuli as is, so why make the situation more difficult than it needs to be?  If you're sick (coughing, sniffling, etc), stay home.  If the movie is adult oriented and/or if you want to see it on release day, have some respect for other people and leave your kids at home/with a baby sitter.  It's not like this is a travel situation, when sometimes you do what you gotta do and other people will have to just deal with it. This is 100% optional!

Hmm. Am I a curmudgeon?  I feel like I'm a curmudgeon.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 02:14:26 am by Shiden Kai San »