Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Will 2017 be the year of naturism acceptance?  (Read 3811 times)

Offline NudieDaniel

• Transport nerd, Natureboy Kiwi
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • The control room
  • Referrals: 2
Will 2017 be the year of naturism acceptance?
« on: November 08, 2016, 12:09:22 am »
This will be my first blog where I’m mixing our own photos with public photos. Now I know that’s not my style, but I want to talk with you about something that’s running thru my mind these last couple of weeks. So don’t think I’m making a change in my style or anything. I’m not.

So the thing I want to talk about today, is the fact that I’m noticing lately that simple nudity is getting more normal in our daily lives. From a naked restaurant in London, with a massive waiting list, to a still growing visitors count of sauna’s and spa’s and simple nudity on tv. Where is this change coming from? And should we be happy about it? I don’t have the info about all the stuff that’s happening around the world, so I’m only discussing the things that I noticed in the media these last couple of years. Because there’s a massive shift going on when it comes to nudity and media.

Last month I was on the ferry from Harwich to Hoek van Holland watching some tv in my cabin. I came across the program naked and afraid. I think you all have heard of it. 2 people dropped in nature, naked and challenged to survive in the wild life for a while. One of the things I noticed, is how discovery displays this program. Even though it’s blurred, it’s still American tv, they do film the entire body. It’s not all above the waste or hidden behind trees or whatever. What they also show, is how normal nudity actually is. Also in nude dating shows, where people see eachother completely nude on their first date, the majority of the people reacts very calm and relax about it ( off course there still are some exceptions that keep looking down or laugh ). And these tv shows aswell, have a very interesting way of showing it on screen.

The thing I’m noticing here, is that media and tv in general is not the small laughing kid anymore making jokes about naked people. They are more mature about it, more respectful and it also looks like they think something over a few times before deciding how to show it on tv. I think that’s a good development. Media still is one of the main resources that makes how most of the people think about stuff. And even though these programs are getting very mixed reactions on social media by ” the normal people “, you can also see a shift going on there aswell. So where is this coming from? Are people more aware of their own body? Or is it a quest for total freedom? Or could it be a reaction to all the negativity that’s going on in the world lately, with bombings, racism, violence, that people want to send out a positive energy like the hippies did in the 60s and 70s?

But even though tv is making a positive switch when it comes to nudity, social media isn’t. This photo of me on the beach was removed a few weeks ago on instagram. And yes I know their policy and yes I know instagram is from our arch enemy Marc Zuckerberg. I’m not planning on discussing my POV on his policy’s because it would be a very long blog then. Very long. When it comes to social media, there are only a few sites where you can post nudity. Snapchat and Twitter are two of them. Now a few days back I saw in the news that Disney was planning on taking over Twitter. I wonder how long nudity will be accepted when they really take it over. I think it will be done within a week. But when you look on Twitter, anyone can see that there is a big need for naturism on social media. So why ban it right? And why is nudity in it’s most simple form forbidden on Facebook ( like breastfeeding, or even the napalm girl ) and is it possible for everyone to see how a sheep is butchered halal? What is more offensive? ( I know the napalm girl is back on Facebook, but the fact that it was taken down in the first place is just simply ridiculous ).

But back to real life. There’s a naked restaurant in London. There are plans to open one in Paris aswell. There are also big plans in Paris for a big naturist park like in Berlin. In New York City women can walk around topless just like men. Free the Nipple is still active and keeps getting new followers. Sauna visitors are still growing in numbers. Naturist vacation destinations are growing. So are nude beaches and clothing optional beaches. So is it just me, or is there really a change going on? Will 2017 be THE year for naturism, nudity acceptance and a better and healthier body and self acceptance? I think it will. What do you think?

There is however, a big change going on aswell in the world which could change this positive movement. And that is the fact that there is becoming more hate and anger then ever before. And ironically we can blame media for that aswell. And not only media but some high placed people aswell. There is an extreme right movement going on worldwide where respect towards other people is hard to find. And even though naturism is based on respect to other people, I notice online some naturist people have some extreme right thoughts aswell. Some of them are moved by fear, others by anger or disappointment. The whole idea of a multi cultural society has failed at the moment that cities were reordering their blocks. The idea of a multi cultural society is that all people live together hand in hand. The reality however shows something else. Schools are separated on the base of religions. You got christian schools, Islamic schools, Jewish schools and so on. So the first thing kids learn by entering these schools is that we are separated in groups. And when you put teachers in those classes telling children that their religion is the best religion and that homosexuality is a sin, or that white people are better then black people, then you’re not making a base for a multi cultural society. You’re separating people instead of letting them live in harmony. Instead of learning them how other cultures think and work or showing them that homosexuality isn’t a choice but simply a part of who that person is from birth, they are teaching the children the differences between them instead of showing that everyone is the same. This is a thread that we have to look out for and stand up against before it’s too late. I think it’s our responsibility as naturist to show people what respect really is about. What living in harmony really means and how nice it is to live in an environment where everyone is treated the same. I hope we can see something of that movement back in 2017. Be positive to spread positivity. Talk openly about your fears or things you don’t understand instead of getting angry or afraid. Communication is the key to make this a success and make the world a bit more positive day by day. Thank you ❤️

https://harmenjp.wordpress.com/2016/10/18/will-2017-be-the-year-of-naturism-acceptance/
I'm everywhere and nowhere

steve tanner

Re: Will 2017 be the year of naturism acceptance?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 04:14:41 am »
I hope 2017 is the year we can start being more naked, and natural! I would do it as far as is allowed!

steve tanner

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 04:16:07 am »
Love the fact of all the nude tv shows! If I ever get to be in one, I'd do it!! :)

Offline cp

• Retired Staff
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 10:50:30 am »
It would be nice to think it is, I think the last few years have certainly been more tollerant of a lot of things, although i think nudity will not be totally acepted until social media allows it more... and the media in general .

Offline Katlyn315

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 12:49:09 pm »
It would be nice to think it is, I think the last few years have certainly been more tollerant of a lot of things, although i think nudity will not be totally acepted until social media allows it more... and the media in general .

Social media is changing, just not fast enough. Just think a few years ago, you would have not seen sites like Tumblr. Changing social media is a big step in changing the public's views and thoughts. For example, if a person is exposed to seeing people nude, over time, the shock and awe, fades.Let's hope that 2017 be the year of naturism acceptance everywhere, not just at a beach.

Offline cp

• Retired Staff
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 01:43:28 pm »

Social media is changing, just not fast enough. Just think a few years ago, you would have not seen sites like Tumblr. Changing social media is a big step in changing the public's views and thoughts. For example, if a person is exposed to seeing people nude, over time, the shock and awe, fades.Let's hope that 2017 be the year of naturism acceptance everywhere, not just at a beach.
:like And Agree !

Offline JOE

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I am Joe. Joe is me.
  • Referrals: 10
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2016, 05:21:43 am »

100% agree with this! Social media drives everything. If more of these platforms promote naturism, the more likely people will catch on to it. We can only hope!

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2016, 07:26:02 am »
Nah, it won't be honestly. I'm honestly thinking even much later in my life. Maybe around when I'm 50 will it be accepted.
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

Offline cp

• Retired Staff
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2016, 06:14:57 pm »
Nah, it won't be honestly. I'm honestly thinking even much later in my life. Maybe around when I'm 50 will it be accepted.
   We can but hope tho... even if it is only a little more media coverage per year it will help..

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2016, 06:23:14 pm »
Media wouldn't be a good thing for the community. If others haven't noticed, the media covers things that will get them ratings. Your little local newspaper covering the local resort won't do anything. The media is going to go after big stories of wrong doing. Child molestation, inappropriate sexual misconduct, that sorta stuff. People like to point out shows like naked and afraid as more of an acceptance, but that ain't casual nudist ideals. That's an oddball thing that people find weird and exciting.

I ain't trying to be negative or anything, and I do hope that there will be more acceptance eventually, but I am a realist and I just don't see it happening anytime soon. It just takes one small thing (like mentioned above) to set it back for years to come.
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

Offline cp

• Retired Staff
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2016, 07:31:08 pm »
Media wouldn't be a good thing for the community. If others haven't noticed, the media covers things that will get them ratings. Your little local newspaper covering the local resort won't do anything. The media is going to go after big stories of wrong doing. Child molestation, inappropriate sexual misconduct, that sorta stuff. People like to point out shows like naked and afraid as more of an acceptance, but that ain't casual nudist ideals. That's an oddball thing that people find weird and exciting.

I ain't trying to be negative or anything, and I do hope that there will be more acceptance eventually, but I am a realist and I just don't see it happening anytime soon. It just takes one small thing (like mentioned above) to set it back for years to come.
Hey @DrgHybrid You are right really, some of those kind of shows i think do more harm than good.. I think i was thinking more of the actual events being covered in the media, and stuff..

Offline blank radar

• Teens Only Member
  • Naturist Superhero
  • he/him
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2021, 04:44:22 am »
needless to say, although thought provoking, this post has aged like milk

Riot.EXE

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2021, 05:55:37 am »
needless to say, although thought provoking, this post has aged like milk

This whole damn thread aged like milk.