Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Fear of Public Showers  (Read 1628 times)

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 2
Fear of Public Showers
« on: November 20, 2016, 08:53:57 am »
This would be an older little news article, but it's a good read from the mindset of a non-nudist when it comes to nudity in a public shower.

To sum it up, it's about having to shower in the gym and it being required to do so. And even though it's not from a nudist aspect, it can show how adapting to just simple things like the gym shower can show how comfortable and accepting be nude can be.

My Fear Of Public Showers

Back in the day, boys would generally shower after gym class. I an unsure if this is still the norm these days but I spent four years of high-school without ever once setting foot in the boys public showers Even on hot muggy days after grueling gym sessions, the temptation of a refreshing shower never crossed my mind. The biggest reason why I refused to use the high-school facilities was the bad experiences I saw other students had.

There were instances where the teenage boys would “steal” clothes or ridicule other boys. The poor students who suffered this bullying did not look pleased to be on the receiving end of someone’s prank.

As I grew older, my fear of using the public shower never went away. I decided to join a gym because I was gaining too much weight and this time I knew there was no avoiding the shower room.

The gym rules stated you had to shower before entering the pool area. After a grueling work out, all I wanted to do was hop into the Jacuzzi and let the hot water melt away the aches and pains. So I made a conscious decisions to face my fear.

Fear Of Public Showers
Using the public showers was one of my biggest fears
My first time getting naked and using the shower was really weird for me. I felt so uncomfortable taking my clothes off in front of a group of strange men. The only reason I was able to muster up the courage was seeing how the other men seemed so comfortable being naked. I actually watched two naked men talking about their plans for the weekend and the fact that they were both naked did not seem to faze them.

Unfortunately, over the years that I worked out in this gym, I never grew this comfortable with social nudity. But I am happy to say no one stole my clothes nor was I subjected to any bullying. In fact, nothing out of the ordinary really happened in the shower room. It became something of a routine. I would take off my clothes, shower, get redressed and go on about my business like normal.

I learned a valuable lesson from this experience. I learned that I should never avoid something just because I felt uncomfortable with it. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow and more often than not nothing bad will happen.

Who knows, perhaps one day I could wrap my head around the nude freedom that many nudists experience every single day! But for now, nudism seems to be a bit of leap. That said… one never knows!

https://youngnaturistsamerica.com/fear-of-public-showers-and-getting-naked/
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

Offline MrDude

• Read-Only
  • Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Fear of Public Showers
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 01:02:25 pm »
I had same fear as a teenager...stupid thoughts...now I don't care at all

Offline cp

• Retired Staff
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Fear of Public Showers
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 01:40:00 pm »
I had same fear as a teenager...stupid thoughts...now I don't care at all
:like this was me too as a teenager at school, now i just don't careless.. Either... Good article.