Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Drones  (Read 1239 times)

DCSquaredPhoto

Drones
« on: November 23, 2016, 01:16:23 pm »
Does anyone have any interest in drones? I've been thinking about getting one to help with my photography.

Thoughts?

Offline R

• Topless with bottoms
  • Hello everyone!
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Drones
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 07:12:09 pm »
If you're into electronical check out Virgins by Tim Hecker, it might seem a bit rough, but certaily worth checking out. Also check out Excavation by The Haxan Cloak

For something heavier check out Earth 2

also Soundtracks for the Blind, but you probably already know it

if you like it, you'll also like Lost in the Glare by Barn Owl, or anything by Sunn O)))

For something calmer I recommend Boris - Flood, it truly is a masterpiece! Also famous Disintegration Loops by William Basinski are fine

I don't know how would it help you in photography, but anyway - gud luck :)

If I remind myself something gud, then I'll post it :)

Offline Paul

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I go nude every day, cuz baby, I was born this way
  • Referrals: 2
Re: Drones
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 11:38:03 pm »
I quite like the practical applications of drones, and hope to get a good one eventually.  Using them for aerial surveillance (not in a military or security fashion) is pretty cool.  I've seen then used on archaeology digs, volcano explorations, and more.  I'd like to be able to rig one up to do aerial photography for when I start visiting places like Yellowstone, or the Grand Canyon...Be able to take a selfie of myself from a camera that is over the chasm of the Grand Canyon?  Pretty awesome, I think!

My only concern, regarding drones, is their potential (and in some cases already applied) misuse.  There have been several nudist resorts that have complained about locals flying camera-equipped drones over the resort, and that is a huge violation of privacy (prosecutable too).  There are many other concerns regarding the misuse of this awesome technology, and it will take time for the world to adjust to the prevalent presence of them...but overall, I like them, and I want one.
Slaínte,

Paul