Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Full library  (Read 1550 times)

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 2
Full library
« on: November 24, 2016, 09:43:53 pm »
Is it anyone else's dream to one day have a full size library in their home? I've been an avid book reader for years, and I can just picture the day, someday, when I'm older and have a room dedicated to just books. The old traditional study. Wall to wall books with just a chair and a side table with a lamp in it. Ah, beautiful. In the meantime, I do think I need to buy another bookshelf and I also wanted to show the latest collection that I purchased from Barnes and Noble. Great books, but at the same time, beautiful ones at that too. All hardback and leather bound. Doesn't get anymore beautiful then that.

And I mostly buy hardback for keeping, paperback for reading.

Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Full library
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 10:10:50 pm »
I share your dream of a study. I have room on shelves too, but I have to admit that I have littered coffee tables, desk and floor space with books.
One day I too will have a grand library for my enjoyment.

And that is a set of beautiful books there. I sadly have more paperbacks since they are easier on my wallet.  :smiley:

Offline Longingtobenude

• Shouting it out loud
  • Hello:)
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 10:59:35 am »
10 years ago this was a dream of mine.  But now, I like digital.  The only problem is data degradation.  I have almost 10k digital books at the moment.  Enough to rival small libraries  :happy  But I am constantly loosing a few because bad data.  There is just something about a huge number of really small files that jacks with hard drives it seems.  Once we move on to better data storage though, this won't be a problem. 

I like to have a physical copy of my favorites.  But I don't see that spreading beyond my small book shelf. 

MatthewR

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 02:18:56 pm »
Yes I'm with you. Something like this:

Offline Paul

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I go nude every day, cuz baby, I was born this way
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2016, 04:45:42 pm »
I am currently cataloging my book collection.  I have gotten nearly half-way through and I've only cataloged about 600 books so far.  Many are hardcover books, some dating back to 1812 (my oldest book!).  They span nearly every topic you can think of too.  I am a bibliophile, and I will gladly admit it.  Books always have been, and always will be, and obsession of mine.  I've been told I have an addiction to books, which is perhaps true...but there are worse addictions to have, lol!

If and when I am able to buy the small ranch I want and build a home, there will be a room dedicated to nothing but books.  My own personal library.  And it will be amazing!  Sadly, for the moment most of my books are in boxes underneath my worktable because I simply do not have room for enough bookshelves to put them all on in my tiny apartment.
Slaínte,

Paul

Offline HenryJoseph

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 05:00:29 pm »

I've had to get smaller bookcases but all of my books have been able to fit in the new ones. I try to keep different sections for different topics, as well as for fiction and non-fiction.