Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: The nudist blogosphere make me facepalm once again  (Read 11337 times)

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
Re: The nudist blogosphere make me facepalm once again
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2010, 01:37:06 pm »
I see you are grabbing at straws now to try to force your point. With that, I would like for you to prove your statement. Since we are speaking of a slippery slope, show me where resorts that do a background check/checks against the sex offender's list have resorted to tougher measures to fight a real or perceived threats of this nature.

You misunderstood what I mean.

What I was trying to say is that the threat from a sex offender is so small it's irrelevant. Being afraid of it is like refusing to fly because you're afraid of terrorists while we know that driving is way riskier. If we do a list of things that might threaten a resort sorted by probabilities of happening, the sex offender is very far on it. If we were to protect against those likelier risks, it'd be rightly considered silly. I consider using an useless list to fight an improbable threat as silly and not worth the cost.
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)