Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: RIP 10, hello Matt Smith (BEWARE: Spoilers)  (Read 12503 times)

Karla

Re: RIP 10, hello Matt Smith (BEWARE: Spoilers)
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2010, 10:59:16 am »
Watching the episode again it looked like the Master ended up back on Gallifrey again as he faded back into the light along with the rest of the time lords. He definitely will be coming back. Maybe the Time Lords will regenerate him properly in order to find a way out of the time lock. This could mean that he could be played by a completely different actor if necessary. This might be a necessary plot device because the Master was dieing after all.

randomer909

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2010, 08:20:56 pm »
You know who I'm curious about him coming across is The Master. I mean, did I miss it or is it just assumed the Master was obliterated again when he took out the President? And if he did die, he's got to come back right? I mean The Master always comes back. If/when he does, I'm really hoping they cast someone else to play him. I mean, I LOVE John Simm like mad, but he's better played with Tennant. Smith is gonna need someone else in my opinion.

Although, now that I think about it, this last special kind of got into the root of the Master's insanity. I wonder if he'll still be a villain. Kind of can't think of the Master as anything else though. Oh well. We'll see how it goes. I'm remaining optimistic about all of this. With 30 seasons and now 10 Doctors under its belt it has to know how to handle this sort of a change. I mean the whole point of the show, it seems like, is to attach yourself to this completely awesome character and then be forced to let him go once he's wiggled his way into your heart. It's like you're one of his companions :D

...Except for Rose...I don't care for the fact they let her keep him D: The rest of us don't get to, why should she? PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

End minirant.
Exactly my point. There can be nothing brought back from Tennats era. Everything briloinat, like the Master and Donna, gone. John Simm and David Tennant were perfect together, Smith is now too young to be the the Master's opposite. The combination was as perfect as the Joker and The Dark Knight in the Nolan film, as ledger described in the film, "When an immovable object meets an unstopable force" All gone now

Stuart

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2010, 09:00:07 pm »
Exactly my point. There can be nothing brought back from Tennats era.

The Weeping Angels are back  :322

randomer909

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2010, 09:37:29 pm »

The Weeping Angels are back  :322
I mean in the sense of characters that he helped create, villains will never go away :786

That gives me an idea! Stuart since you seem to know a lot more than me on Doctor Who, why not create a poll for everyone's favourite Doctor Who Villian :2345

Stuart

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2010, 10:53:06 pm »

The Weeping Angels are back  :322
I mean in the sense of characters that he helped create, villains will never go away :786

That gives me an idea! Stuart since you seem to know a lot more than me on Doctor Who, why not create a poll for everyone's favourite Doctor Who Villian :2345

I'd only pick obscure and bizarre choices. For example:

The Kandyman - the 7th Doctor moment when the original series truly jumps the shark

The Menotra, from the first Doctor's first truly dodgy episode:

Adric. Technically a companion, but he was so hated he was killed off.

Tlotoxl, a total nut job from the Aztecs:

The War Chief, the third time lord seen after the Doctor and the Mad Monk who's actions lead to the Second Doctor's forced regeneration and exile on earth as Jon Pertwee. Last seen owning a house full of comedy ghosts on children's TV in the 80s.

The evil "Brigade Leader" from a parallel universe:

And Tegana, a character so obscure, the serial he was in hasn't actually been seen since the BBC destroyed the master copy in the late 1960s

None of this Dalek Vs Cybermen nonsense from me  :2345

randomer909

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2010, 12:10:55 am »

The Weeping Angels are back  :322

I'd only pick obscure and bizarre choices. For example:

The Kandyman - the 7th Doctor moment when the original series truly jumps the shark

The Menotra, from the first Doctor's first truly dodgy episode:

Adric. Technically a companion, but he was so hated he was killed off.

Tlotoxl, a total nut job from the Aztecs:

The War Chief, the third time lord seen after the Doctor and the Mad Monk who's actions lead to the Second Doctor's forced regeneration and exile on earth as Jon Pertwee. Last seen owning a house full of comedy ghosts on children's TV in the 80s.

The evil "Brigade Leader" from a parallel universe:

And Tegana, a character so obscure, the serial he was in hasn't actually been seen since the BBC destroyed the master copy in the late 1960s

None of this Dalek Vs Cybermen nonsense from me  :2345
Davros? The Master?

Stuart

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2010, 01:11:08 am »
Davros? The Master?

Not nearly geeky enough for me, although I remember the days when the Master had a caravan TARDIS, hypnotised carnies and was played by an actor with a bit of style:

Oh, and we now have a guaranteed defense against weeping angels. You can blink when you're wearing these:

Offline Blu Bunny

• Female Chat
  • Nude with Towel
  • SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK! <3
  • Referrals: 0
    • My Deviantart Site
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2010, 05:53:48 am »
Exactly my point. There can be nothing brought back from Tennats era. Everything briloinat, like the Master and Donna, gone. John Simm and David Tennant were perfect together, Smith is now too young to be the the Master's opposite. The combination was as perfect as the Joker and The Dark Knight in the Nolan film, as ledger described in the film, "When an immovable object meets an unstopable force" All gone now

Well firstly we can't keep Tennant as the Doctor forever simply because he needs to do his own thing and it would lose the spirit of the show if we just kept him. Even if they had chosen an older or similarly talented actor to play the Doctor, Donna won't ever really be allowed to come back. It's been made perfectly clear that she just can't or she'll die. And if they do bring her back and she dies, that'll make a lot of people sad/angry. A lot of people love Donna to death. However, if they bring her back and she doesn't die, that'll make the show seem like it's starting to cheat just to please the fans. Really, they just shouldn't bring Donna back at all because both scenarios are just bad in my opinion

Just give Smith a chance for now. We can't judge him purely on age and brief scenes we've seen so far. Like it was said, give him a season before you decide to hate him. If you decide to hate him now, then it's probably best to just stop watching because there's nothing he can do to change your mind, even if he does turn out to be a phenomenal actor.

Please visit my Deviant Art Page

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • The one, The only (according to Google anyway!)
  • Referrals: 16
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2010, 01:26:09 am »
I don't really understand the fuss over the age factor for the Doctor.  Public tastes in TV shows have changed drastically since the late 80's, and to make a show interesting and win new converts you've got to change with the times.  I actually welcome the fact that the show is focused on portraying the Doctor as a more sexy, earthy and gutsy being than a weird middle-aged crank, even though I liked Patrick Troughton and Jon Pertwee's portrayals.

I hope that Matt Smith will be a successful and memorable Doctor, the trailer video was quite impressive.  A lot of these comments that he won't really last are pure speculation.  We hoped that Chris Eccleston was going to have some staying power, then it was found he only wanted to last for one season.  I hadn't heard of him prior to being the Doctor. 

Plus I don't know why so many people hated Adric so much as a companion.  Yes, he was a bit moody and misguided but he was a teenager in the series who never lived to really suss his life out properly.  However he still had the best intentions. 
"How ridiculous society is! Why be given a body if you have to shut it away like a rare, rare fiddle?"

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • The one, The only (according to Google anyway!)
  • Referrals: 16
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2010, 05:42:11 am »
If you want more indepth discussions on Dr. Who, feel free to check out this site that I'm a member of: http://www.brisbanedoctorwhofanclub.com/forum

We have a section on there called "Jo Grant's Knickers" where you can talk about more mature grey area issues, including naturism.  Plus there are some nice tasteful nude pics of Katy Manning with a Dalek and wearing lingerie. ;-)
"How ridiculous society is! Why be given a body if you have to shut it away like a rare, rare fiddle?"

Offline Kez

• Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2010, 10:54:06 am »

Well firstly we can't keep Tennant as the Doctor forever simply because he needs to do his own thing and it would lose the spirit of the show if we just kept him. Even if they had chosen an older or similarly talented actor to play the Doctor, Donna won't ever really be allowed to come back. It's been made perfectly clear that she just can't or she'll die. And if they do bring her back and she dies, that'll make a lot of people sad/angry. A lot of people love Donna to death. However, if they bring her back and she doesn't die, that'll make the show seem like it's starting to cheat just to please the fans. Really, they just shouldn't bring Donna back at all because both scenarios are just bad in my opinion

Just give Smith a chance for now. We can't judge him purely on age and brief scenes we've seen so far. Like it was said, give him a season before you decide to hate him. If you decide to hate him now, then it's probably best to just stop watching because there's nothing he can do to change your mind, even if he does turn out to be a phenomenal actor.

exctly this.

i'm a massive david tennant fan, i think i watched everything over christmas that he was in (which was a lot!) just to get my david fix!

but while i'm really sad that he's not gonna be the doctor anymore, im not writing off the show just cos hes gone and RTD has gone.  theres every chance its gonna carry on being a great show - it might be different but that doesnt mean its gonna be bad now.

im gonna give Matt Smith a good chance, sure hes not david but that doesnt mean we have to hate him! i liked his performance in the regeneration scene so based on that alone i think hell do ok.

i think RTD said he wrote the last episode to tie things up with all the characters he created, like Donna and Rose, and that was so the new writers didnt have to use them again.  but theres plenty of characters he didnt create who have been part of the show all along, so its crazy to say that nothing from the past few series can be ruesed.  like the Master isnt a new character so they can keep bringing him back again and again, thats what vilains are for!
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are...

Stuart

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2010, 08:07:04 pm »
Two weeks tomorrow and the Doctor's back  :2345

Stuart

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2010, 10:43:55 pm »
SPOILER ALERT!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/s7/doctor-who/news/a209692/the-second-who-series-five-trailer.html

Daleks painted the same colour as a Second World War tank complete with webbing & emerging from sandbags as Spitfires fight in space? I can't wait!!!!

Offline Turtlejosh

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2010, 07:48:22 pm »
TO REPEAT THE SPOILER ALERT

Is Amy fighting off a sort of melted Cyberman? It looks like a great series

Stuart

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2010, 08:07:30 pm »
TO REPEAT THE SPOILER ALERT

Is Amy fighting off a sort of melted Cyberman? It looks like a great series

Its missing an arm.

Apparently the Weeping Angels are going to be "more scary" according to the creator. Given that I woke up screaming in the middle of last night due to a Weeping Angel based nightmare (not the first one either!), Karla is not looking forward to those episodes coming around!

They even have a two part episode  :322