Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Necromancing Threads?  (Read 12831 times)

nakeddrake

Necromancing Threads?
« on: December 18, 2016, 05:33:48 pm »
From experience on other forums, necroing an old thread is a big NO, but I couldn't really find anything mentioning it here (or maybe I just missed it.)

What are the rules for older threads? Is anything safe as long as it's unlocked, or is there a three month rule?

I ask because I don't want to make new threads about something already discussed.

Offline cp

• Retired Staff
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Necromancing Threads?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 06:01:47 pm »
@nakeddrake

In general i see no problem with commenting on old threads if it can be interesting to others...
Some new people don't even know there are old threads and have never seen them...

nakeddrake

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 06:06:32 pm »
Awesome, thanks for answering so quick! I'll be sure to only necro when there is useful info on the topic, or a major update. Thanks again!  :azn:

Offline cp

• Retired Staff
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 06:11:00 pm »
Awesome, thanks for answering so quick! I'll be sure to only necro when there is useful info on the topic, or a major update. Thanks again!  :azn:
No problem..

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 11:49:44 pm »
@nakeddrake

In general i see no problem with commenting on old threads if it can be interesting to others...
Some new people don't even know there are old threads and have never seen them...

Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Statik

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 09:50:04 pm »
Sorry I have to post (and I suppose that is a very meta thing for me to do), but I have never heard of replying to old posts referred to "Necromancing."  The thread name caught my eye and had me a tad confused.  :shocked: :laugh:

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2018, 11:41:13 pm »
Sorry I have to post (and I suppose that is a very meta thing for me to do), but I have never heard of replying to old posts referred to "Necromancing."  The thread name caught my eye and had me a tad confused.  :shocked: :laugh:

Most people don’t call it necromancing, but simply necroing a thread.

Basically bringing something old bad is necroing something.

And as it’s true on a lot of forums out there, it’s encouraged on IYNO. Not only could there be information relevant to people that may have never seen it, but it also helps keeps threads together. Having 10 threads spread out about one subject is too messy.

Most often times, other forums might news and updates that will quickly become irrelevant if necro’d later on. If you play a game that’s at patch 10, someone reviving patch 4 doesn’t help anyone and can lead to false information.

Nudist/Naturist info just doesn’t change that much. :p
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

Offline robbington

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2018, 05:29:19 am »

Exactly! I was highly intrigued. Maybe a witchcraft thread? Lol.

Riot.EXE

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2018, 05:30:42 am »

Most people don’t call it necromancing, but simply necroing a thread.

Basically bringing something old bad is necroing something.

And as it’s true on a lot of forums out there, it’s encouraged on IYNO. Not only could there be information relevant to people that may have never seen it, but it also helps keeps threads together. Having 10 threads spread out about one subject is too messy.

Most often times, other forums might news and updates that will quickly become irrelevant if necro’d later on. If you play a game that’s at patch 10, someone reviving patch 4 doesn’t help anyone and can lead to false information.

Nudist/Naturist info just doesn’t change that much. :p

Pretty much. There's no need for eleventybillion threads about "OH NO I HAVE A HARD ON, WHAT DO I DOOOoooooOOOOO!?!"

Offline LotsOCheddar

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2018, 02:33:41 pm »
]]

Very meta, very epic. 10/10