Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Highlander  (Read 4501 times)

Offline jeep

• Read-Only
  • Nude with Towel
  • Freedom is not obtained or kept unless faught for
  • Referrals: 0
Highlander
« on: January 03, 2010, 10:07:58 pm »
Just learned they are looking to do a remake of the first or original Highlander film with that english actor from "Rome" (The blond one dont know his name) playing the part of Connor MacLeod. I hope they redo all three films but get it right this time. The original was great but they lost the plot with two and three so it could do with the franchise being done again and done properly with believable sequels

randomer909

Re: Highlander
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 10:25:23 pm »
I have only seen the first one, and it was great, but I don't remember much as I saw it a long time ago. Holywood is producing a lot of remakes recently. I don't know if they should

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 10:50:56 pm »
I have only seen the first one, and it was great, but I don't remember much as I saw it a long time ago. Holywood is producing a lot of remakes recently. I don't know if they should

Given that they can't make a good sequel to this film, yes they probably should. I bet it would be enjoyable with better visual effects.
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

Offline egonspengleruk

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 11:02:52 pm »
There can only be one! Don't remake it, won't be the same with Sean Connery's Spanish accent.....which is the same as his Russian accent in hunt for red October.....which is the same as his English accent in robin hood....which is the same every other accent!

Stuart

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 11:08:30 pm »
There can only be one! Don't remake it, won't be the same with Sean Connery's Spanish accent.....which is the same as his Russian accent in hunt for red October.....which is the same as his English accent in robin hood....which is the same every other accent!

Agreed! Leave it alone! I'm not sure what they can add to it other than fancy effects.

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 11:44:23 pm »
Agreed! Leave it alone! I'm not sure what they can add to it other than fancy effects.

Making a new one doesn't make the old one vanish.

Stuart

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 11:47:33 pm »

Making a new one doesn't make the old one vanish.

Are you sure? Apparently, there can be only one  :654

Karla

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 01:45:10 pm »
Stuart and I watched this a few weeks ago. Not sure why you would want to re-make it. Apart from Sean Connery, it also has Queen!

Maybe they should just re-make the sequels and give them proper plots? In fact, they should do the same thing to the Matrix sequels and pretend that the originals don't exist.

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 05:36:20 pm »
In fact, they should do the same thing to the Matrix sequels and pretend that the originals don't exist.

They never made sequels to the Matrix.

Stuart

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2010, 05:41:16 pm »
In fact, they should do the same thing to the Matrix sequels and pretend that the originals don't exist.

They never made sequels to the Matrix.

Sure there were. Don't you remember the rubbish plot? The computer game quality digital stunt men? The cheesy rave scene?

Here's the trailer, maybe this bring back some memories for you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed-3qkxvP8E#normal

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2010, 05:43:44 pm »
Sure there were. Don't you remember the rubbish plot? The computer game quality digital stunt men? The cheesy rave scene?

Just a spoof, it doesn't really exists.

And not as good as this one:

Matrix XP

Stuart

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2010, 05:44:33 pm »
Just a spoof, it doesn't really exists.

Admitting is the first step to recovery.

Eric

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2010, 04:00:53 am »

I can assure you I have no idea what you're talking about.

Like Jurassic Park before it, The Matrix is a film that for some reason never became a franchise. And while a sequel to the Matrix could potentially be awesome, but on balance I'm kind of glad they never made one. Had they made a sequel and it sucked, it's very existence could detract from the marvelous gem that is the original.

Offline jeep

• Read-Only
  • Nude with Towel
  • Freedom is not obtained or kept unless faught for
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2010, 05:34:44 am »
The original Highlander movie plot was great and it had potential for good sequels but they just dropped the ball by going all Alien in the second one then half way to the original storyline in the third. Basically they need to get the story line through all three films sorted in advance and then film it a bit like how they have done with Harry Pot head the next movie  follows on well from the previous one because there is a consistency in the plot and storyline through out.
There is the opportunity to follow the experiences through time of several of the Immortals in a supporting manner over the three films with Connor MacLeod being the main charactor in all three or concentrate on a different Immortal with varying back grounds in each one with the previous "Headliner" taking a supporting role. But what ever they do they shoud emply good writing team and decide the direction  through all the movies in advance to not repeat the mistakes of last time.

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2010, 01:55:13 pm »
Highlander 2 is the only movie I have ever fallen asleep in at the cinema.....