Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: How the Bare Trend Is Redefining the #FreeTheNipple Movement  (Read 2006 times)

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
Bare seems to be a recurring trend during fashion week. We don’t mean with just makeup, but also the sheer materials used to show off skin—more notably bringing back the #FreeTheNipple movement.
Lace and mesh had their moment at the runways of New York, London, and Milan. In fact, we even saw personalities like Tricia Centenera and Liz Uy also sporting sheer pieces last week. Meanwhile, designers saw this as a way to put a feminist message forward.

calvin klein nyfw height=930

According to Forbes, what the fashion industry “has inherently done is desexualize female chests—displaying them not as objects of desire, but symbols of raw beauty.” Calvin Klein, Prabal Gurung, and Versus Versace weren’t subtle with full-frontal sheer pieces on the runway.

versus versace height=930
Prabal Gurung height=930

Prabal Gurung height=930
la perla kendall jenner height=930

Naeem Khan also expounded on the “underwear as outerwear” trend. Models wore chic blazers on top of lace bralettes, hiding their breasts ever so slightly.
Other bare looks included embellishments to further accentuate the women’s form. Kendall Jenner made headlines as she opened for La Perla in a white naked dress, peppered with pearls and lace. Take note that this is also the woman who has no qualms about exposing her nipples.  Also following this example were Jenny Packham and Adam Selman who showcased pieces that had sequins and rhinestones.

This is a daring trend for many, but it’s powerful—an upfront statement against sexism and misogyny showcasing that there’s beauty in the bare. As photographer Peter Lindbergh puts it, portraying the female body mustn’t be centered “around perfect bodies, but on sensitivity and emotion, stripping down to the very soul of the sitters, who thus become more nude than naked.”

http://preen.inquirer.net/41123/how-the-bare-trend-is-redefining-the-freethenipple-movement
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Riot.EXE

Re: How the Bare Trend Is Redefining the #FreeTheNipple Movement
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 07:44:28 pm »
Trend? This has been a thing in the Fashion industry for DECADES. What are they even talking about?

Offline Leah

• Female Chat
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Teach Tolerance
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 11:47:33 pm »
This just so much nonsense - as is the cyclic and derivative nature (and lack of true innovation) that this is just a rehashing of haute couture as it was in the late 80's and early 90's which reflected on the trends of the late 60's.

To digress I will use a quote from my father - "when I see them wearing that in a grocery store then it will be fashion"
I may be nude but at least my mind is open

Riot.EXE

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 06:35:41 am »
This just so much nonsense - as is the cyclic and derivative nature (and lack of true innovation) that this is just a rehashing of haute couture as it was in the late 80's and early 90's which reflected on the trends of the late 60's.

To digress I will use a quote from my father - "when I see them wearing that in a grocery store then it will be fashion"

BASICALLY!