Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Concerning nude mods in video games  (Read 32619 times)

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Concerning nude mods in video games
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2018, 10:18:08 am »
Seeing how skyrim is mostly just cold harsh climates and constant danger of combat, nudity is sexual there.

1. Not every bit of gratuitous unnecessary nudity is necessarily sexual.

2. Skyrim is a magical fantasy world where it is entirely conceivable that people are kept warm by the fire in their hearts and are armored in pure Beowulf-like badassery.

Frankly, if I want to play a sexualized playthrough, there are enough mods out there from actual sex interactions to BDSM gear and prostitution that make it obvious how tame random nudity is. Although I am personally not a fan of the chainmail bikini either.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline Chloekaldrson

• Topless with bottoms
  • Yes, I'm really that messed up.
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2018, 12:31:18 pm »
Seeing how skyrim is mostly just cold harsh climates and constant danger of combat, nudity is sexual there.

1. Not every bit of gratuitous unnecessary nudity is necessarily sexual.

2. Skyrim is a magical fantasy world where it is entirely conceivable that people are kept warm by the fire in their hearts and are armored in pure Beowulf-like badassery.

Frankly, if I want to play a sexualized playthrough, there are enough mods out there from actual sex interactions to BDSM gear and prostitution that make it obvious how tame random nudity is. Although I am personally not a fan of the chainmail bikini either.

Eh, on point 2 I disagree.
Just because it's fantasy doesn't mean it's unrealistic. It's even in the lore that people still need armor or protective clothing against the climates :p
It's nice to see that most things grow to face the most beautiful thing in their sight.

Like sunflowers to the sun, or men towards women.

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2018, 01:40:00 pm »
Counterpoints:
- The player character is not like the average person
- Several types of NPCs already wear preciously little against the cold. Forsworn and some bandits among them.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline Chloekaldrson

• Topless with bottoms
  • Yes, I'm really that messed up.
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2018, 02:17:54 pm »
Counterpoints:
- The player character is not like the average person
- Several types of NPCs already wear preciously little against the cold. Forsworn and some bandits among them.

1. Superhero falacy/ breaks immersion for roleplayers.

2. The reach is generally quite pleasant when it comes to temperature, someone used to the climate could easily stay in those temperatures.
Bandits sometimes wear more revealing clothing, but due to engine limitations they cant always make the bandits wear more protective clothing depending on the region. Skyrim is a representation of the lore to the max of its ability, not a perfect replica. In the lore they specifically state many a times about the need for proper protection.
It's nice to see that most things grow to face the most beautiful thing in their sight.

Like sunflowers to the sun, or men towards women.

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2018, 02:32:38 pm »
Not everyone plays the same role. I personally love the premise of High King of Skyrim, which is lore-unfriendly as hell, and my main criticism is not the incompatibility with lore, but the general lack of polish and game-breaking nature of some of the commands.

There are other temperate areas in Skyrim. Parts of the Rift and Eastmarch - particularly the hot springs - are also rather suitable, and Cloaks of Skyrim provides you with something warm for the in-between places like the Whiterun or Falkreath holds. Journeying north of Windhelm without winter clothing seems like a terrible idea for, say, a non-magical Imperial, though.

As for armor, there are many character builds that would not need much of an armor. Mage classes usually wear unarmored robes and combine them with wards or skin toughening spells, and a skyclad mage deriving power from an increased connection with nature, rather than an enchanted robe, does not seem that far-fetched. Players who are not magically inclined might focus on speed and ranged combat and/or hit-and-run strategies. It still takes a lot of courage to go into battle without armor, but again, Beowulf may be a mythological inspiration there.

Offline Alex00

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2019, 11:55:44 pm »
I feel like most people have at least tried one mod. Unfortunately I have to agree that most of them are very sexualized as some of them even include new animations for... (we all can imagine what for). I like some of the sims adaptions. It's everyday life but nude

Offline rockasocka1992

• Shouting it out loud
  • love being in nature outfit :)
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2019, 04:46:11 pm »
I feel like most people have at least tried one mod. Unfortunately I have to agree that most of them are very sexualized as some of them even include new animations for... (we all can imagine what for). I like some of the sims adaptions. It's everyday life but nude
Would love to play a nude sims  :cool:
hello , im a 27 year old guy from belgium , i enjoy nature and i love being naked because it lets me feel free :).

Offline Cle Leftwrite

• A Phantom of the Naked Variety
  • Guy Talk
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2019, 01:20:33 am »
I think everyone who has said "it depends on how you use them" is right but I would add that the reason for nude mods leaning toward sexual is because that's what mod creators get demand for. As for my experiences with nude mods well most of the Elderscrolls mods I've used have been pretty good as well as the one I used for Fallout New Vegas (I always use some variation of Better Bodies). I tried putting a nude mod on Terraria but it didn't go so well. On the other hand I found a decent one for Crypt of the Necrodancer. I also just started playing Starbound and the nude mod I found for it is really good but with one glaring issue... Male characters have... um... balls... that are slightly too big. Like the overall package isn't too big it's just that the berries are slightly too large for the twig if that makes sense. I'm not sure if it was intentional or just limitations of the pixel art but I do find it kind of distracting. Finally, I have a nude mod on Sims 4, but it requires Wicked Whims which is a sex mod now thankfully Wicked Whims won't do any sex stuff without extra being added but it does make characters randomly strip ala Grey Fullbuster if they are clothed for any reason.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 01:22:23 am by Cle Leftwrite »

Offline Brendarella

• -= Brendarella =-
  • Read-Only
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Ask me anything.
    • Brendarella
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2019, 06:13:40 pm »
It always amuses me how people are always looking for nude mods. 
In Second Life, if you want to be naked, you just take your clothes off.
This image was taken just before a "Topless Cruise" around the tropical islands. It's a popular, regular event and anyone can join in.  Men, too.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 06:24:03 pm by Brendarella »