Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Second Life - Naturism in the virtual world.  (Read 1366 times)

Offline newbie

• Female Chat
  • Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Second Life - Naturism in the virtual world.
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2017, 05:23:53 pm »
Sure they would run my little furry nude butt off, lol. I still have it downloaded but haven't logged into SL for years.

why not?  was it boring - or like me you couldnt really figure out how it worked?  :undecided:

Offline TheBestYoucan

• Nude with Towel
  • Floppy Happy Sunny Funny
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2017, 06:04:57 pm »
Sure they would run my little furry nude butt off, lol. I still have it downloaded but haven't logged into SL for years.

why not?  was it boring - or like me you couldnt really figure out how it worked?  :undecided:

The premise seems like a waste of time to me. Granted, aren't all games?
"Everybody deserves a little ass time now and then".

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Moderation Division
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2017, 06:22:11 pm »
@newbie If you need any help figuring things out, I can def help with that. That wasn't the problem. "I had played SL for several years and it just got boring for me. The only reason I still keep my account is because that I have purchased many things in there. At the prime of my SL life, I was an admin for several groups and land security for the biggest dragon sim there was.
In tenebris, lucem inveni. Et morte, vitae inveni.

Offline newbie

• Female Chat
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2017, 04:06:56 pm »
@newbie If you need any help figuring things out, I can def help with that. That wasn't the problem. "I had played SL for several years and it just got boring for me. The only reason I still keep my account is because that I have purchased many things in there. At the prime of my SL life, I was an admin for several groups and land security for the biggest dragon sim there was.

oh, it sounds like you spent a lot of money!   :undecided:

Offline newbie

• Female Chat
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2017, 11:10:01 pm »
You don't have to spend a lot of money - but like with most things in life, money makes things better.

So far, I've spent about $50 on custom skins, clothes, shapes, hair, gestures, and accessories.  I wouldn't lay out that kind of money routinely tho.  But I don't mind spending a little to get my avatar the way I want it.

But, a lot of what I have can be earned in the game (or found) but spending money is easier and faster.  I've looked into land and housing or renting an apartment but all of that is a monthly fee or would require my character to work.  That's too much like real life so I'll just let her evaporate at the end of her adventures.

None of SL is a substitute for real life but to me, it's a bit like my doll collection.  I get dolls, customize them, dress them in all kinds of clothing, make their hair pretty, and sit them on a shelf to look at them.  What purpose does that serve?  None, really.  It's a complete waste of time other than the fact that I enjoy doing it.  A little piece of my heart goes into my dolls and my online avatars.

And SL is WAY cheaper than dolls and actual doll clothes!

ok. you convinced me i'm going to give it a try (when i have some spare time) - then we'll see if it's something for me  :cheesy:

Offline mattc

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2017, 12:06:16 am »
hey guys, I am now set up on it and found a great naturist beach location with nice people.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 02:13:59 am by mattc »

Offline Freedom

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2017, 12:21:59 pm »
I didn't know that this game was still around.

Offline Bella

• Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2017, 02:06:10 am »
i decided to give this a try and see what it is like. I do like the sims so not sure how this will be.

PM me for username
"Some people dont realize what they have until it is gone,like chasing the stars and realizing you lost the moon"

Offline Danee

• Female Chat
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 132
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2017, 01:54:44 pm »

this is all good and all that and fun , but it would be wonderful if the OP took part in other discussions.  Just sayin'....

Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline Brendarella

• -= Brendarella =-
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Ask me anything.
    • Brendarella
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2017, 07:41:37 pm »
OP here, I had no idea that there were any replies on this thread. Doesn't this system tell you when someone respond to a comment? Or are you supposed to check every day to see is someone has said something?

In response to some of the more positive comments, I can say that I will help anyone who wants help either here or in-world. 

Offline Brendarella

• -= Brendarella =-
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Ask me anything.
    • Brendarella
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2017, 07:49:20 pm »
I have met many real life naturists in second life and they've told me that they get a lot from living a virtual naturist lifestyle. Sometimes, someone tells me aren't able to experien real naturism because they are disabled or embarrassed or That they still haven't got up the courage to try it for real.

Second Life naturism isn't meant to replace real life.  Nor is it a substitute. It's just another way for people to express their naturist feelings
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 09:57:38 pm by Brenda Holder »

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Moderation Division
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2017, 09:38:12 pm »
OP here, I had no idea that there were any replies on this thread. Doesn't this system tell you when someone respond to a comment? Or are you supposed to check every day to see is someone has said something?

In response to some of the more positive comments, I can say that I will help anyone who wants help either here or in-world. 

If you click on Profile and goto Account Settings you can look in the notifications portion and check the box if you want notifications sent to you. If you routinely check it but don't want any notifications sent to you then you just have to click "Show Unread posts since last visit" or "show new replies to your posts" up at that top. Unless viewing daily or bi-daily, these can start to get quite a few post in them.

It's also encouraged to make yourself more known and to post outside of just one topic as well.
In tenebris, lucem inveni. Et morte, vitae inveni.

Offline Brendarella

• -= Brendarella =-
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Ask me anything.
    • Brendarella
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2017, 06:57:24 pm »
It's also encouraged to make yourself more known and to post outside of just one topic as well.

Thanks for the advice, @DrgHybrid and I think I'm starting to get the hang of it, now.

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2017, 11:56:56 pm »

If you click on Profile and goto Account Settings you can look in the notifications portion and check the box if you want notifications sent to you. If you routinely check it but don't want any notifications sent to you then you just have to click "Show Unread posts since last visit" or "show new replies to your posts" up at that top. Unless viewing daily or bi-daily, these can start to get quite a few post in them.

Personally, I am a big fan of View the most recent posts on the forum, since it shows the body of the post and does not reset if you leave it in the background for too long. You can find it at the bottom of the front page.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline Brendarella

• -= Brendarella =-
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Ask me anything.
    • Brendarella
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2017, 12:30:25 am »
Thank you Delta. I shall use that method, now,