Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Retrocades  (Read 2540 times)

Bionicone2093

Retrocades
« on: May 15, 2017, 03:21:08 pm »
Seems like Retrocades are a growing trend.

For those that don't know, a retrocade is an arcade that will have a bunch of older video games in it.

Some around here are bars and you still have to pay per game.

There is this awesome place near me that has over 500 games.  The place charges a $15 cover charge, but then all of the games inside are free.  Pretty awesome.

Fun to play all the old games from back in the day.

Anyone have anything similar near them?  (Also, wouldn't it be interesting to have a naturist day at one of these?)

decoboco

Re: Retrocades
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 03:45:53 pm »
Sounds cool. None that I know of around where I live, but I have a hunch that someone will open one soon.

So are they like real arcade cabinets or just single machines loaded up with all the games?

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 07:18:39 pm »
Would be awesome to have an arcade like that around here. The only arcade games that can really be found here are inside a couple of other places like the bowling alley, laser tag, and the putt putt golf place. Not really a dedicated place for them. However, I hope that a nostalgia place like the "retrocade" can last seeing as I would think it's a fad for most, and not surviving. I occasionally like to play the good old fashioned Mario...but it gets a little old after a bit.
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

AmericanSwede

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 07:39:14 pm »
There is one in Orange County near Anaheim, California. There have been two really fun NAKED Retro Video Gaming events held there where the local nudist group rents out the whole place for three hours and we all get to play and socializing totally nude!

Riot.EXE

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 12:40:16 am »
Seems like Retrocades are a growing trend.

For those that don't know, a retrocade is an arcade that will have a bunch of older video games in it.

Some around here are bars and you still have to pay per game.

There is this awesome place near me that has over 500 games.  The place charges a $15 cover charge, but then all of the games inside are free.  Pretty awesome.

Fun to play all the old games from back in the day.

Anyone have anything similar near them?  (Also, wouldn't it be interesting to have a naturist day at one of these?)

Oh, you're talking about Galloping Ghost in Brookfield? It's 20 bucks now, bro...but yeah, that's a big one. There's smaller ones out there, and no, it wouldn't be interesting to have a naturist day at one of 'em.

Bionicone2093

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 04:33:28 am »
Yes they are actual arcade cabinets with the original games set on free play.

When did Galloping Ghost change to $20?  I haven't been there since last November.

Riot.EXE

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 02:24:28 pm »
Yes they are actual arcade cabinets with the original games set on free play.

When did Galloping Ghost change to $20?  I haven't been there since last November.

Few months ago. Gotta pay for all those fire hazards somehow!

Offline joeyn

• Umm...
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Me
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 01:54:19 am »
Would be awesome to have an arcade like that around here. The only arcade games that can really be found here are inside a couple of other places like the bowling alley, laser tag, and the putt putt golf place. Not really a dedicated place for them. However, I hope that a nostalgia place like the "retrocade" can last seeing as I would think it's a fad for most, and not surviving. I occasionally like to play the good old fashioned Mario...but it gets a little old after a bit.

Check out http://www.pinballzarcade.com/play/games
It's nearly to Austin, but fun!

gj83

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 02:47:30 am »
My girlfriend and I went to a local barcard last night. It's always a great time.

Bionicone2093

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2017, 02:45:00 pm »
I haven't gone to the one I like in over 6 months.  It's time to go again.  Usually spend a few hours here, and then am good for another couple months. :)

Offline newbie

• Female Chat
  • Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2017, 03:12:12 pm »
what are your favorite retro games?

Offline joeyn

• Umm...
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Me